follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 03-01-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
eikond
Wish Nissan made one

Drives: '13 WRB BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Great dealership in NE Ohio.. (still has multiple pre-order slots open)

Since we have quite a few stories going around about terrible customer service, I thought it might be good to tell a story about excellent service. Also, I wanted to share an opportunity to get a BRZ with no markup above MSRP..

I spoke with a salesman named Ron Kula at Brunswick Subaru just south of Cleveland. Our first conversation was prior to Subaru releasing the allocation numbers and decision to not allow VIP. I think Ron was quite confident that they would offer VIP and also thought they would have many more BRZ's to sell, so he offered me a nice discount under MSRP in case VIP was not available.

The next day I went in to the dealership to sign my contract and place my deposit. When I got there I got a look from Ron that gave me the impression that he hoped I wouldn't show up. He told me that after we had spoken on the phone his dealership got the allocation memo from SOA. They were shocked to find out that VIP was not available and that their allocation was a small fraction of what they were hoping for. As a result, the sales manager was now planning to sell all BRZ's at MSRP.

I was worried that they were going to go back on what Ron had told me. However, despite his sales manager being quite angry with him, they did the right thing and stood by their word and wrote the order as offered originally.

So, I find myself the fortunate beneficiary of a salesman's mistake. I'm now probably a customer for life because they did the right thing and treated me properly! While they are certainly losing some profit on the car they are selling me, I think they will make it up in the future.

Now having shared my story, let me also share some information:

I am told that they were promised 9 cars by SOA from May to Nov. For some reason the folks in NE Ohio are a little slow to jump on the BRZ, so I am the only pre-order in the system right now. This means that they have 8 additional allocated cars that they are willing to sell at MSRP with no additional BS markup.

If anyone wants to get their hands on a BRZ for sticker price.. here's your chance to do it.

I recommend you contact:
Ron Kula
330-273-3300 ext.3206

http://www.subaruofbrunswick.com/dealership/staff.htm

Note: In the interest of full disclosure.. My deposit was agreed to be non-refundable. I believe this was fair given my individual situation. I do not know how they will deal with future orders.. you'll have to ask Ron.
Also.. They charge a $250 dealer doc fee on all car sales. I believe nearly all dealerships in the country charge some sort of fee.. but some may be higher or lower than this.. ?
eikond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #2
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eikond View Post
Note: In the interest of full disclosure.. My deposit was agreed to be non-refundable. I believe this was fair given my individual situation. I do not know how they will deal with future orders.. you'll have to ask Ron.
Also.. They charge a $250 dealer doc fee on all car sales. I believe nearly all dealerships in the country charge some sort of fee.. but some may be higher or lower than this.. ?
Fees vary; for instance a local dealer has a $120 fee, but the dealer I'm working with is over triple that. I'm not sure what states mandate a fee, but I know plenty don't. The fee is really just profit for them and in most sales, you can get them to sell it to you without the fee. It won't be so in the case of this car, though.
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #3
subatoy

Drives: subatoy
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
don't preorder STOP RAISING THE PRICE!
subatoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:19 PM   #4
tachi1247

Drives: 04 BMW 330i & 03 Mazdaspeed Protege
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by subatoy View Post
good luck with that plan. They are going to sell just as fast once they hit the lot so it won't make any difference. Demand will probably be even higher by the time people start seeing them on the street.
tachi1247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #5
Brett
First 86

Drives: Whiteout MT FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
However, despite his sales manager being quite angry with him, they did the right thing and stood by their word and wrote the order as offered originally.
Ah the old "my boss is going to kill me!". Classic.

Why a non refunded deposit? If they're so confident that they could've sold the car easily for MSRP, I don't see a reason. The only reason they should ever charge a non refundable deposit is if they're worried about getting stuck with a car that no one wants.

Hopefully you love the car and this is a non issue

Brett
Old 03-01-2012, 08:43 PM   #6
eikond
Wish Nissan made one

Drives: '13 WRB BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I'm not sure why the required the non-refundable deposit in my case. They may ask for that from others or they may not. In my case, I'm fully on-board, so I don't care.

The point is.. with so many dealerships having so few cars allocated, and most of those had orders put on them in the first day.. I thought people might appreciate the opportunity to place an order with a dealer that will have a reasonable amount and is not charging a premium over sticker..
If I'm wrong about that.. no biggie.. mods can delete this thread and forget about it.
eikond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:47 PM   #7
Brett
First 86

Drives: Whiteout MT FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Good point. If I were closer I might put one down. I already have one on an FRS, but I'm still a bit on the fence. Hopefully the pricing will help me with that decision.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:44 PM   #8
borge12

Drives: Tie Fighter
Quote:
For some reason the folks in NE Ohio are a little slow to jump on the BRZ, so I am the only pre-order in the system right now.

I'm also in NE Ohio, and the Subaru dealer I talked to said they haven't had anyone sign up either. Weird.

I've heard it snows up here?
borge12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:34 AM   #9
tripjammer

Drives: WRB BRZ limited 6MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by borge12 View Post
I'm also in NE Ohio, and the Subaru dealer I talked to said they haven't had anyone sign up either. Weird.

I've heard it snows up here?

hmm i need to look to the north then....pricing better come out tomorrow.
tripjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:48 AM   #10
Subaruwrxfan

Drives: 2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Thanks for the info, I'm planning on placing my pre-order today (Friday). I have 3 dealers in mind, if all of them try to screw me with mark-ups or don't have good allocations, I'll be giving this dealership a call tomorrow.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:26 AM   #11
Tainen

Drives: First SWP BRZ-L
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
I'd like to throw another recommendation on here.

Joe Spitz from Carter Subaru in Shoreline, WA. He's the guy that runs cars101.com- super straight up guy, and they are getting TWENTY BRZs. He has two confirmed pre-orders and can most likely get more people in on the first shipment, and is gauranteeing MSRP pricing to *everyone* saying their dealership never charges over MSRP.

Here's his phone number:
206-769-7821
Tainen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:46 AM   #12
pithy_logorrhea

Drives: 2007 STi
Cool. I put my order in with Halpert Subaru in Mentor. They are only getting 2 cars, but they've been helpful and informative. Can't say the same for Ganley....
pithy_logorrhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:36 AM   #13
ubersoph

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Same thing with Evanston Subaru, who is charging msrp for BRZs. Also sick pricing on WRXs. You do need to talk to the internet guy though on NASIOC MWSOC

EDIT:: also a refundable deposit pending test drive

Last edited by ubersoph; 03-02-2012 at 01:12 PM.
ubersoph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:59 AM   #14
Mango22
Winter is Coming

Drives: GBS BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by subatoy View Post
^ what he said.
Mango22 is offline   Reply With Quote