follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 03-10-2014, 09:32 PM   #43
ZZT86

Drives: BR86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
OK, engine failure caused rear to lockup & spin the car. I reckon the dealer doing the work appear to be somewhat incompetent & unwilling to help you :/ Perhaps you can contact the Tech Div @ TSA directly & speak to them ? Perhaps go to another dealer? You need to be diplomatic with them to get action & results. Toyota usually come to the party.
ZZT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:57 PM   #44
Jacques Blom
Turbo 86

Drives: Toyota 86 Turbo
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
I had an srange experience this week. I had a P0351 error on Morning.. did a OBD scan and seen the Coilpack.. so light was on....car still driving good. .. so on Theusday driving in a strait line... my traction contol kicked in, but no spin.. still driving with the enigine error Theusday afternoon during driving the error went of. . did a new OBD scan no error....so what the helll. . is our cars cursed.
Jacques Blom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:07 PM   #45
sshole
Banned

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Blom View Post
I had an srange experience this week. I had a P0351 error on Morning.. did a OBD scan and seen the Coilpack.. so light was on....car still driving good. .. so on Theusday driving in a strait line... my traction contol kicked in, but no spin.. still driving with the enigine error Theusday afternoon during driving the error went of. . did a new OBD scan no error....so what the helll. . is our cars cursed.
Just yours, seems like.
sshole is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sshole For This Useful Post:
Fast_Freddy (09-09-2014), Jacques Blom (07-13-2014)
Old 09-01-2014, 05:02 PM   #46
DB86

Drives: Toyota 86 Pearl White
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
You should definitely get the car checked out. I had 2 separate incidents similar to yours early 2013 (before my accident) due to the P0351. Its almost like the car goes into limp mode in the background and then becomes super-sensitive to any perceived tyre slippage and tries to compensate. The software update I had seemed to have stopped that effect.

Had another forum member from SA contact me in May this year, his traction light also started blinking while in a straight line before the wheels locked up and he ended up having a serious accident. Didnt seem like a mechanical failure but just software.

Btw, my second engine blew after 5000 kms. No harsh driving at all. Car is with Toyota for the last 7 weeks and a third engine has been fitted. They have no idea what caused it.

I am expecting more early spec cars to start having problems as the mileage/wear and tear gets closer to the levels I was at.
DB86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 09:46 AM   #47
Deep Six

Drives: 2013 FRS / 2013 427 Vert
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
This is a real issue. My 351 cel came at a track event, I cleared the code and went back out next session and drove it relatively easy. As soon as I revved about 6500 the cel came back. The car was in the 5 sec traction off mode when suddenly the rear brakes applied themselves in a 90 mph curve and the TC light was blinking at the same time. Somehow the traction control system goes hyper sensitive if this cel is active even if the off mode was selected.
2013 FR-S Asphalt BC Coils/Rev Works UEL header/HKS Front Pipe/Racing Brake BBK/Shorai LW Battery/ACT 6 Puck Clutch/FBM Radiator & Oil Pan/JR Oil Cooler/Jackson Racing High Boost C30/Rev Works Built Motor
2016 Audi TTS APR Tuned
Deep Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 07:35 PM   #48
cookiesowns

Drives: WRB BRZ Series.Blue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Six View Post
This is a real issue. My 351 cel came at a track event, I cleared the code and went back out next session and drove it relatively easy. As soon as I revved about 6500 the cel came back. The car was in the 5 sec traction off mode when suddenly the rear brakes applied themselves in a 90 mph curve and the TC light was blinking at the same time. Somehow the traction control system goes hyper sensitive if this cel is active even if the off mode was selected.
Interesting. What base map version are you on?
cookiesowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 03:05 PM   #49
Jacques Blom
Turbo 86

Drives: Toyota 86 Turbo
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Just recieved my IP coil pack... Hope this fix my errors on coil pack.. Yesterday had a quick pull and slight drift. This time traction and ABS kicked in and stayed on... Could not switch traction on or off... Needed to stop dead swithc off and then on again... Will keep you posted on the IP Coil pack upgrade.
Jacques Blom is offline   Reply With Quote