follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 04-24-2013, 10:19 AM   #1
nabil_frs

Drives: Argento FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
DO NOT GO HERE

Hey guys i just wanted to post about my experience with servicing and getting warranty work done. I have been going to Meadowvale Toyota located at 401 and Winston Churchill, they do not know anything about the FR-S or how to service it or diagnose problems (my car doesn't start 5% of the time and they have witnessed it but can not find a problem) not only this there techs can not drive standard, after pulling into the service department and do all the paper work a tech gets in my car and attempts to pull away but goes no where cause he left the e-brake up and the car just makes a weird noise and goes no where and on his second attempt he stalls outs, personally i would never trust me car here and not mention the service manger Arthur is the biggest Ahole in the world

DO NOT GO TO MEADOWVALE TOYOTA
nabil_frs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:34 AM   #2
Myv

Drives: SWP BRZ Limited MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Not going to get anything warranty related serviced until I get my dashcam installed, leave it on during the service.
Myv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #3
djdnz

Drives: 2013 BRZ WRB S/C
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myv View Post
Not going to get anything warranty related serviced until I get my dashcam installed, leave it on during the service.
So you can stare at the hood propped open I guess that's the best case scenario though lol...

Sorry about your bad experience. I doubt they get many standard cars though, so they may be a little rusty. At least you didn't catch them racing around the street or something.

Last edited by djdnz; 04-24-2013 at 11:05 AM.
djdnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:21 AM   #4
m.wood0213
Driving Enthusiast

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
part of the reason why I bought the Subaru
“This isn’t a supercar, it’s a sports car. It sacrifices rear seats yes but it just feels alive. Pure, direct, immediate. The other two are going to get all the admiring looks yes, that’s my point. I’m not driving around in this for other people’s benefit. I’m driving around in this BECAUSE I LOVE DRIVING IT. END!”
-Richard Hammond, Top Gear, USA Supercar Road Trip, 2011 Porsche GT3 RS.
My BRZ
m.wood0213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #5
BioRage

Drives: ~_~
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
I recommend @Jereina at Markville Scion.

He just put a TRD intake in his FR-S aswell

(Would PM him though if you're actually serious about making him work on your car lol)
Old 04-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #6
Myv

Drives: SWP BRZ Limited MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdnz View Post
So you can stare at the hood propped open I guess that's the best case scenario though lol...

Sorry about your bad experience. I doubt they get many standard cars though, so they may be a little rusty. At least you didn't catch them racing around the street or something.
That's true, but there is also voice recording and g-shock meter, so you'll know if they bumped into something during the service or gunned it on a test run/joy ride when you asked them not to. There was someone who had their Lexus serviced, caught them bumping into something inside the service garage, but I think they investigated and it wasn't anything serious.
Myv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:11 PM   #7
Kiai!

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 6MT-Ultramarine
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I've been here a few times, and found them incredibly accommodating and helpful. I didn't deal with anyone named Arthur though.
My advisor was named Brian and he even did a few things for me free of charge. Granted I didn't bring my FR-S for anything but an oil-change and wheels/tires switch... he was very chatty and helpful.

When did you go? I've only been three times. Two times I was in an hour before closing, and once, first thing on a Saturday. Again, they were always super helpful.
Kiai! is offline   Reply With Quote