follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 06-25-2016, 03:21 AM   #1
mav1178

Drives: 2005 Toyota Camry
Thanked 6,092 Times in 3,029 Posts
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Issue resolved w/ Diode Dynamics.

Edit 2:
Seems like the email server did not like the formatting of my previous email(s). Even though it was cleared up on 6/6, the response for my address never went through to the right channels.

This is cleared up and RMA is taken care of. I was under assumption that a reply on original order confirmation email would help, but the formatting/headers of the email clearly caused an issue.

Thanks for clearing it up DD.

(Original post below for clarity.)

I do not understand why it takes so long to get something replaced under warranty.

I bought a pair of LED license plate bulbs in Feb 2015. It's been acting up in the last 6 months, but finally both decided to die after April.

I contacted them May 28 about warranty. No reply. June 1, no reply. June 2, no reply.

I contacted them on Facebook on June 3rd and was told there was a server issue preventing my emails from going through. I got an email on June 6th asking to verify my address, and I replied the same day with my address. (Edit: they replied to my original email on Monday June 6th and I confirmed the same day on my shipping address)

I sent an email today (6/24) asking for an update, because nothing has been sent to me.

@Diode Dynamics please respond to my email and let me know what else I can do to warranty these defective bulbs.

-alex

Last edited by mav1178; 06-28-2016 at 02:10 AM.
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mav1178 For This Useful Post:
chaoskaze (06-25-2016)
Old 06-25-2016, 02:56 PM   #2
Joyride86

Drives: 15 FR-S Firestorm MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I had a warranty claim with them in the past and they shipped the replacement part to my door within 2 days. I called them directly and they were very responsive. I think a phone call is always best for these things. Hopefully this gets sorted out for you.
Diode Dynamics Tail as Turn, LEDs, HIDs | Yospeed Custom Plaque and Frame | Suntek Carbon Tint | Spyder Smoked Side Markers | GrimmSpeed License Plate Relocator and Hood Struts | Five:AD Spoiler | JDM Armrest | Beat-Sonic Backup Cam | Moddiction Anvil 2 | Invidia N2 |
Joyride86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 03:19 PM   #3
chaoskaze
The Fail Boat

Drives: CWP S.B.
Thanked 1,293 Times in 873 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
They need to hire more. I been too lazy to contact them since my friend didn't get a good response with his DRL alway on kit.

*My DRL always on kit is broken now.
chaoskaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 03:40 PM   #4
mav1178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyride86 View Post
I had a warranty claim with them in the past and they shipped the replacement part to my door within 2 days. I called them directly and they were very responsive. I think a phone call is always best for these things. Hopefully this gets sorted out for you.
But I replied the same day, a couple hours after they responded to me by asking me what my mailing address was.

I can call but it really doesn't solve the first problem of communication. If I confirm my mailing address upon request, shouldn't it just be processed for RMA from that point on? I offered pictures or any other step(s) for warranty claim, and all I was asked was to provide my shipping address.

-alex
Old 06-25-2016, 04:32 PM   #5
Joyride86

Drives: 15 FR-S Firestorm MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
But I replied the same day, a couple hours after they responded to me by asking me what my mailing address was.

I can call but it really doesn't solve the first problem of communication. If I confirm my mailing address upon request, shouldn't it just be processed for RMA from that point on? I offered pictures or any other step(s) for warranty claim, and all I was asked was to provide my shipping address.

-alex
No arguments from me there. I completely agree that there is a communication issue.

For most transactions, a phone call always lights a fire under whoever you talk to. Whatever the problem is, it would normally be acted on right then. Just trying to give advice so you get this resolved immediately.
Diode Dynamics Tail as Turn, LEDs, HIDs | Yospeed Custom Plaque and Frame | Suntek Carbon Tint | Spyder Smoked Side Markers | GrimmSpeed License Plate Relocator and Hood Struts | Five:AD Spoiler | JDM Armrest | Beat-Sonic Backup Cam | Moddiction Anvil 2 | Invidia N2 |
Joyride86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 07:05 PM   #6
soulreapersteve
Contract? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Drives: An orange cone with flappy paddles
Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,703 Posts
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Weird, I also had a license led go out on me last month and once I put in an RMA ticket, I received confirmation next day and received a replacement pair within a couple of days.

Hope everything works out for you!
The Twins make me smile
soulreapersteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 11:39 PM   #7
mav1178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyride86 View Post
No arguments from me there. I completely agree that there is a communication issue.

For most transactions, a phone call always lights a fire under whoever you talk to. Whatever the problem is, it would normally be acted on right then. Just trying to give advice so you get this resolved immediately.
I appreciate the advice but I think the point is missed... whomever that is managing their email/CS communication is either 1) not following up, or 2) they should find a better email CRM system to use. It clearly is not working, even when I send a follow up email to contact@diodedynamics.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulreapersteve View Post
Weird, I also had a license led go out on me last month and once I put in an RMA ticket, I received confirmation next day and received a replacement pair within a couple of days.

Hope everything works out for you!
Yes, weird, because they had no issues responding to Facebook inquiries.

-alex
Old 06-27-2016, 09:49 AM   #8
Diode Dynamics

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 1,761 Times in 877 Posts
Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
OP,

I apologize for any inconveniences you've experienced, but our team is very effective and responds to all emails within 24 hours during the work week.

If you send an email to contact@diodedynamics.com with your order number, we will have a warranty replacement sent out same day or next day typically. If you prefer to call, we are open Monday through Friday from 9am-5pm CST: (314) 205-3033

Please send us a PM with your order number and I will personally create an RMA and ensure you receive warranty replacements.

Thank you,
Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:00 AM   #9
ZionsWrath
Thanks

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 3,100 Times in 1,498 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
I agree that phone call is always best option. However if a company has a customer service email it should be prompt as well. IMO an email unanswered after 1 business day is not acceptable even if that reply just says they got your message and are looking into it.

I prefer email because I work night shift and and I am asleep during most of the 9-5 business day so I will usually send any emails or whatever in the early morning hours. Email is very convenient for my circumstances and if a company doesn't respond it turns me off.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:03 AM   #10
Diode Dynamics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZionsWrath View Post
I agree that phone call is always best option. However if a company has a customer service email it should be prompt as well. IMO an email unanswered after 1 business day is not acceptable even if that reply just says they got your message and are looking into it.

I prefer email because I work night shift and and I am asleep during most of the 9-5 business day so I will usually send any emails or whatever in the early morning hours. Email is very convenient for my circumstances and if a company doesn't respond it turns me off.
Our customer service is exceptionally prompt, all it takes is an email or a phone call. Sounds like we didn't receive the email because it was either sent to the wrong address, or possibly ended up in a spam folder by mistake.

We pride ourselves on making sure customers receive the best service and support in the industry and we are extremely quick to respond to warranty related messages.

I apologize for the confusion, but I assure you taking care of our customers is our biggest priority and always has been.

Nick C.
The Following User Says Thank You to Diode Dynamics For This Useful Post:
ZionsWrath (06-29-2016)
Old 06-27-2016, 11:16 AM   #11
JazzleSAURUS

Drives: 15 BRZ LTD, 05 FXT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
I've had a few license plate LED's pop from Diode Dynamics and they've been very quick about getting replacements to me through their online form.

I think that it would be an exception if something was missed, based on my personal experience. Looks like you've got Nick to help you out now at the very least to see what went wrong
SOLD: 2015 WRB BRZ Limited ('02 WRX BBS, S-04's, Stoptech Sport pads, MXP SP, AVO drop in filter, Mishimoto Intake tube, decatted header, OFT 93 Stage 2 EL Tune, Kartboy rear shifter bushing, Whiteline transmission and subframe lockout bushings, ST Coilovers, SPC Camber bolts w/smaller crash bolt, SPC LCA's & SPC Toe Arm bushings, Red TOMs, TRD Wing.)
JazzleSAURUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 11:33 AM   #12
swarb

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,271 Posts
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
@Diode Dynamics I have a very specific question about the always on module and it was answered before with a "watch the video" and the video does not help, it only mentions function of the jumper/module on the ON position and does not describe the function with the jumper in the OFF position.

Always on module.
Function I want=
Day time DRL ON, Boomerangs ON.
Night time DRL OFF, Boomerangs ON.
1. Is it possible with one setting?
2. With the DRL jumper on OFF position, how does the DRL function at day/night?
3. With the Boomerang jumper on OFF position, how does it function at day/night?
4. What if the jumper is removed completely? Will it function like stock? Can I just use the jumper on the ON position for the boomerang and remove the jumper completely for the drl to get my desired setting?
swarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 11:40 AM   #13
Diode Dynamics

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarb View Post
@Diode Dynamics I have a very specific question about the always on module and it was answered before with a "watch the video" and the video does not help, it only mentions function of the jumper/module on the ON position and does not describe the function with the jumper in the OFF position.

Always on module.
Function I want=
Day time DRL ON, Boomerangs ON.
Night time DRL OFF, Boomerangs ON.
1. Is it possible with one setting?
2. With the DRL jumper on OFF position, how does the DRL function at day/night?
3. With the Boomerang jumper on OFF position, how does it function at day/night?
4. With the jumper on the off position, is it always off? What if the jumper is removed completely? Can I just use the jumper on the ON position for the boomerang and remove the jumper completely for the drl to get my desired setting?
Unfortunately, this isn't an effect you'll be able to achieve with our Always-On™ module

Nick C.
Old 06-28-2016, 02:14 AM   #14
mav1178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
I apologize for any inconveniences you've experienced, but our team is very effective and responds to all emails within 24 hours during the work week.
Thanks for clearing it up.

Just so everyone knows, basically my original reply to DD was received without error messages sent back. Email was sent via Gmail from a desktop Chrome browser.

The only thing I can think of is that because the original email had a [abc-123-45678] header to the email, perhaps the server flagged it but did not forward it to proper inboxes.

I sent a completely separate email w/ a screenshot of my original email with a subject line without the formatted header, and it was received properly.

Something worth mentioning in case others attempt to do RMA or follow up emails in the same manner.

-alex
The Following User Says Thank You to mav1178 For This Useful Post:
aegisdrgn (07-07-2016)