follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 02-20-2015, 10:18 AM   #1
OkieSnuffBox

Drives: '23 BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,230 Times in 703 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
18x9.5 ET38 RPF-1 BBK clearance

Does anyone know if these will clear the Essex spring kit? I was hoping since the 17x9 ET 35 did, these would as well.

Can anyone confirm fitment?
OkieSnuffBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 10:53 AM   #2
OkieSnuffBox

Drives: '23 BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,230 Times in 703 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
They do, found this post searching in a different thread. I wish they would list it on their web site!

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...&postcount=102
OkieSnuffBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 07:10 PM   #3
FR-Shred

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Old thread but anyone know if +45 offset on 18x9.5 rpf1s will work with a wilwood 6 piston set? I saw the AP kit fit with +38 and that AP is a lot bigger than wilwood.
I also know a 17x7+42 set fits on the wilwood set.

If anyone has the +38 rpf1s could measure the space with their wilwood set for me that would be cool. Someone wants to trade me and his are +45.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:25 PM   #4
Estey

Drives: Scion FR-S, Ultramarine
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-Shred View Post
Old thread but anyone know if +45 offset on 18x9.5 rpf1s will work with a wilwood 6 piston set? I saw the AP kit fit with +38 and that AP is a lot bigger than wilwood.
I also know a 17x7+42 set fits on the wilwood set.

If anyone has the +38 rpf1s could measure the space with their wilwood set for me that would be cool. Someone wants to trade me and his are +45.
Found this from RR-Racing's BBK thread:
"Stage II will require a spacer to fit with RPF1's 18x9.5et38. RPF1's are a great wheel, but they have very poor caliper clearance. Enkei PF01's are much better for caliper clearance. Stage I's should fit your RPF1s, but please verify with the template."

It just depends on the type of caliper you're buying, because wilwood has the narrow superlites, and suplerlites which are wider and hold thicker pads

& heres their wheel template for their kit with the regular superlites:
http://www.rr-racing.com/v/vspfiles/...tageII-BBK.pdf
Estey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 07:44 PM   #5
FR-Shred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estey View Post
Found this from RR-Racing's BBK thread:
"Stage II will require a spacer to fit with RPF1's 18x9.5et38. RPF1's are a great wheel, but they have very poor caliper clearance. Enkei PF01's are much better for caliper clearance. Stage I's should fit your RPF1s, but please verify with the template."

It just depends on the type of caliper you're buying, because wilwood has the narrow superlites, and suplerlites which are wider and hold thicker pads

& heres their wheel template for their kit with the regular superlites:
http://www.rr-racing.com/v/vspfiles/...tageII-BBK.pdf
I wouldn't mind the narrow superlites, I don't see pad wear being an issue for me. Maybe I'll see if the guy wanting to trade me wheels can check with a template for me. +45 I'm not too worried about fitting on the car just worried about the BBK. I don't have the BBK yet just in the beginning stages of a swap, part out starts next weekend of my current build, and with the added weight and power I'll be needing the added braking power with a BBK for it.
I guess I could always trade the guy wheels and if when I put the BBK on it doesn't fit I could grab spacers for the front..
Old 04-24-2016, 08:07 PM   #6
Estey

Quote:
I wouldn't mind the narrow superlites, I don't see pad wear being an issue for me. Maybe I'll see if the guy wanting to trade me wheels can check with a template for me. +45 I'm not too worried about fitting on the car just worried about the BBK. I don't have the BBK yet just in the beginning stages of a swap, part out starts next weekend of my current build, and with the added weight and power I'll be needing the added braking power with a BBK for it.
I guess I could always trade the guy wheels and if when I put the BBK on it doesn't fit I could grab spacers for the front..
Yeah I have the same spec WedsSport SA-10R's and they fit perfectly. I dont think you would have any clearance issues, but you should definitely have the guy check with the superlite template to know for sure. http://www.rr-racing.com/v/vspfiles/...StageI-BBK.pdf
Old 04-24-2016, 09:25 PM   #7
FR-Shred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estey View Post
Yeah I have the same spec WedsSport SA-10R's and they fit perfectly. I dont think you would have any clearance issues, but you should definitely have the guy check with the superlite template to know for sure. http://www.rr-racing.com/v/vspfiles/...StageI-BBK.pdf
+45 offset? 9.5"? And the narrow super lights?!

How much room do you have? If you could snap a picture that would be awesome too.. I may just trade the guy. Let's see.
Old 04-25-2016, 01:55 AM   #8
Estey

Quote:
+45 offset? 9.5"? And the narrow super lights?!

How much room do you have? If you could snap a picture that would be awesome too.. I may just trade the guy. Let's see.
I have the same spec wheels but no bbk yet haha, sorry man

But the issue with rpf1's is that their spokes are more recessed, which is why people might have issues fitting some big brakes. My weds sports are super concave so I'm not worried about clearance issues when I upgrade to big brakes.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:57 PM   #9
FR-Shred

Ft86speedfactory actually took the template to the wheels and tested them for me. They didn't have the +45 in stock on that size but said there's a bit of room on the +38s so guessing the 7mm extra should fit.