follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #71
track_warrior
Track Junkie

Drives: Faster than the Stig!
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iShaveWithKatana View Post
Well, thanks for that refreshing honesty.

It does look your note on your video seem a little, or a lot, lame, though, when you proclaim that you "ultimately overtook" an E92 at the track, in response to whatever some others have said/written.

I'm sure anyone with an E92 who comes across your video might be as initially confused as me. You may want to do a postscript, or something, in the interest of full disclosure.
Well i did pass him, if you have ever been on a track day when some one is tailing your but and you cant seem to shake him off you let him pass because it means he is faster than you. We are not wheel to wheel racing but i could keep a faster pace around the corners. Even he admitted he would not keep up in the corner entry or exit he just had brute power.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:46 PM   #72
Ricepuddin
Get a Bowl

Drives: 2017 BRZ PP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcasso87 View Post
Nope i think Hawaiian is right, he meant to say Red ink as in highlight my errors and write what is wrong on my post and the douche didn't even spell that right lol. First he said proof reading which is actually proofreading, now this. I dont really care about grammar this is a car forum its what we are here to discuss but i hate douches.

Read Ink does not make sense, Red Ink does. Teachers use this method to correct students.
Yeah I am not sure Wtf I was reading when I posted. I need a monster

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #73
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race

Drives: Subaru Libird
Thanked 2,718 Times in 1,079 Posts
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Not sure what the whole story is behind this one but here's Moto's FR-S passing two well known supercars starting at the 3:45 mark.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCnbJR17_Gk"]Club4AG Laguna Seca Shakedown with Scion FRS - YouTube[/ame]
Old 08-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #74
track_warrior
Track Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricepuddin View Post
Yeah I am not sure Wtf I was reading when I posted. I need a monster

Dont drink monsters those things are pure sugar, very bad. Get some B12 tropical splash, natural b12 energy with very little sugar.

They taste good too.
http://www.vitacost.com/high-perform...tropical-blast
HotLeopardMama (08-13-2012)
Old 08-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #75
flippy

Drives: 2013 Firestorm Scion FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
minus well.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:02 PM   #76
track_warrior
Track Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iShaveWithKatana View Post
Okay, so you're contradicting yourself.

I'm just trying to understand one simple thing:

Did you catch up to and "overtake him," or did he let you pass him (for whatever reason)?

You seem to say both, and they're mutually exclusive.

He let you pass him because you were going to anyways? Is that it?

I guess the other thing, now that you mention it, is that you've contradicted yourself about whether you think the FR-S is OR is not faster than the E92, around the track.

Whatever, brah.
No i havent you are manipulating what i am saying. If you have ever been on a track day you know you are not racing and competing against other cars for 1st place. Rule #1 is if someone is following close to you and you cannot shake him you make way for a faster driver & car this being the case he let me through since he would not shake me let me through with the intention of letting a faster car that was catching up to him in corners so even though he slowed down for me to pass i still consider it an overtake. After we got back into the pits he said he knew our cars were very even through the track since he would get me in the straights and i would get him in the corners he admitted after he let me pass he could not stay with me in corner speed. Im guessing if we started and i was given a power handicap and managed to stay in front of him in the first corner he would not have the ability to pass me easily, same thing if i was behind him in the first corner my car would not have the power to over take him since he would get me back in the high speed stuff.

BTW the video is just one of our many runs that day and pretty much all day this was the story if i was ahead he could not pass if i was behind i could not pass.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:07 PM   #77
Ricepuddin
Get a Bowl

Drives: 2017 BRZ PP
Quote:
Dont drink monsters those things are pure sugar, very bad. Get some B12 tropical splash, natural b12 energy with very little sugar.

They taste good too.
http://www.vitacost.com/high-perform...tropical-blast
I actually have a case of those, I alternate my choice of caffinated beverage

I usually do the sugar free Monsters or the low sugar rehabs. The Monster company also does a lot of Wounded Warrior events (without advertising it).

Old 08-13-2012, 02:08 PM   #78
track_warrior
Track Junkie

BTW @iShaveWithKatana you know how im sure his car and mine were pretty close as far as lap times.

MY C63 managed a 1.29.5 around that same track, it was not stock the car was pushing 420WHP and had good pads , fluid, and the stock wheels were wrapped in nt-05's. In my stock E-90 M3 my fastest lap time stock was a 1.31.4 and this was a cold day no passenger etc my friend and i have similar lines except he goes a bit wider when hugging the apex. I could see his car with a passenger on a 100+ degree day posting 1.32-1.33 lap times.

Last edited by track_warrior; 08-13-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:27 PM   #79
JTM

Drives: 2013 FRS-6MT Argento
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
pcasso87, just chill out; you are making the rest of us look bad. I find it interesting that I can can hang out with OHVers, drag racers, motorcyclist, Porche-philes, Mopar junkies, AutoXers,... and the only negativity I get is one or two OHVers that call my car "The RTI Ramp".

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatoni View Post
i dont doubt his ignorance but even a broken clock is right twice a day. i feel like youre going to have a tough time in texas until you learn to ignore those guys
No, he will have a tough time in Texas till he can put his ego aside.

Quote:
For some reason i am biased to light weight and i hate american cars so i would rather not comment on why i think the FR-S is a better car all around. I guess different strokes for different folks?
Quit being a douche. You are provoking the comments you are getting; why don't you just become an Auto Enthusist and quit being a fan boy. It should also be noted that he is probably having fun at your expense and showing your comments to his friends, saying "look at this stupid ricer, he doesn't even know what a legitimate pass is".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guff View Post
Why don't you just unfriend him on FB? Problem solved.

There will always be idiots. We can't reform them all.
Logic for the win.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:49 PM   #80
Silp3

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I still can't believe you made a thread about some guy bashing the FR-S on FB. I think you have other problems to worry about, like being a little girl.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silp3 For This Useful Post:
FBaxteR-S (08-13-2012), Hanakuso (08-13-2012), Kel O Tron (08-13-2012)
Old 08-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #81
FBaxteR-S

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

/thread
Old 08-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #82
Mr. Mcoupe

Drives: ExigeS,M3,S2k,MCpe,MR2T,T4R,Sienna
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Phook. I feel like going Hog hunting now.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:10 PM   #83
driftartist
Kurenai Samurai

Drives: Red and manual
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
wait so it ISNT a drag car!?!? shiiiiit now i gotta trade it in and buy a camaro....damn it
The Following User Says Thank You to driftartist For This Useful Post:
YW-Slayer (08-14-2012)
Old 08-14-2012, 01:17 AM   #84
track_warrior
Track Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silp3 View Post
I still can't believe you made a thread about some guy bashing the FR-S on FB. I think you have other problems to worry about, like being a little girl.
I did not make a thread about a guy bashing on FB im trying to understand why this car is being hated on so much. I dont like american cars but i dont bash them i respect them for what they are, as i respect commuter cars etc. Im not being a little girl i am expressing my opinion and defending what i think is right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTM View Post
pcasso87, just chill out; you are making the rest of us look bad. I find it interesting that I can can hang out with OHVers, drag racers, motorcyclist, Porche-philes, Mopar junkies, AutoXers,... and the only negativity I get is one or two OHVers that call my car "The RTI Ramp".

Quit being a douche. You are provoking the comments you are getting; why don't you just become an Auto Enthusist and quit being a fan boy. It should also be noted that he is probably having fun at your expense and showing your comments to his friends, saying "look at this stupid ricer, he doesn't even know what a legitimate pass is".

Im the douche bag and provoking the comments when i had not said or posted anything on my facebook? So where does the part of generalizing that FR-S drivers all drive like if they are the shit in super cars fit into all of this? And calling an FR-S slow for its straight line acceleration? Its a free world and you like it or not i can express my opinion on this and try to defend my argument against you and my friend. I respect his Supra for what it is a high powered monster, would i build one? Nope but i still know his build was meant for drag and not for corners and respect the car for what it is. Turn the cards around and its like if i was bashing on him for buying a supra and putting a gazzilion horsepower on it for the track and make fun of it when the car is made for a different purpose, thats why i gave him that example.

BTW im not a fanboy i am an auto enthusiast thats why i try to educate as much people i can on why cars are built for a different purpose so people dont bash on the first car they see thats different than theirs. And no i am not a ricer, in fact i am certain you have little to no clue that when you are not wheel to wheel racing but on a track day a pass is considered when some one catches up to you. Regulations state you need to get the hell out of the way for them to pass since they are faster. I caught up to him, he could not shake me he followed the rules of pulling aside for a faster driver.

If we were actually wheel to wheel racing i would have not have had the power to overtake him since he would have gotten me in the acceleration on the straights. However being light weight i would have had a chance to stay close to his bumper waiting for him to make a mistake or his brakes and tires start to take a beating and then use that to my advantage. Any driver knows being behind your mark you have an advantage on pressuring your opponent and hoping for his mistake, you can study his driving technique and see his weakness. In the FR-S i had a chance to stay close to him and see and compare how my car handled against a heavier more powerful car and i am still glad i could keep up and eventually have him slow down and give me way.

Dont think people besides an idiot like your self would think i am a stupid ricer by comparing cars that i have owned (M3, R35 GT-R, 996TT, C63, Evo X, ) to a car i just bought (FR-S) and imo has great potential to rival more expensive and powerful cars out there on the track. In fact i would get very interested while i was driving a high powered monster when i saw miatas and s2000's out brake and corner me. No kidding i actually had to give way for a S2000CR on my GT-R and i even took it easy after he passed me since he overtook me before entering a straight. After the first few corners i continued my pace and never saw his tail lights again. I consider him a better driver and a better car suited for that track i do not consider him a ricer and even if he would have said he passed me i would agree since he caught up to me and i followed regulation and let him pass.

Fun part about the internet is when you share your experience there will always be idiots that were not there that day that want to speak as if they were in the drivers seat.

Here is my main reason why i tired to explain that not every car is built for straight line speed:

Closed Thread