follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 06-18-2014, 10:29 PM   #29
thill

Drives: 2020 SS1LE (previous 13 BRZ owner)
Thanked 1,463 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reni View Post
Ugh, this political correctness type bullshit has got to stop.

Yes, it is possible for something to just simply be fucking stupid. Like stance.
This /thread
thill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:04 PM   #30
PoorMansRacing
Anorexic

Drives: 2003 Honda S2000 Suzuka Blue
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchy View Post
what's the latest designer purse to come out this year
Couldn't tell you. All my spending money goes to car parts

PoorMansRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:20 PM   #31
spdfreak

Drives: GBS BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I thought it was because yolo swag?

Dog?
Old 06-23-2014, 01:49 PM   #32
stugray
Banned

Drives: 2013 GBS BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,445 Times in 711 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Ive always wanted to setup a car with no tires and just electrical tape wrapped around the wheels. Then roll through a low-rider car show throwing sparks, just to come back next week and see how many people copied you.....

And then are the people who complain about curb rash.... If your fukin wheels didnt "Poke-Out"maybe your tires would get the curb rash LIKE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO.
stugray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:59 PM   #33
f0rge
head of infinite swagger

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Garage
So many trends have come and gone, this one will do.

When was the last time you saw a riced out fast & furious style Civic? How about a psychedelic van with a wizard painted on the side and quadraphonic sound?

I prefer stanced cars over those stupid gigantic lifted "bro trucks".
2013 Ultramarine FR-S 6MT - Car Journal - SOLD
2004 AlpineWhite M3 6MT - SOLD
f0rge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:35 PM   #34
Ayoitszritchie

Drives: '14 DGM BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
its just a phase, like how everyone was blacking/murdering out their car, this will hopefully fade especially with idiotic negative camber.
Ayoitszritchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:51 AM   #35
noobcake

Drives: EVO X
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
To each is own, I appreciate there is a variety of stuff to see no matter how dumb I think it is. Even cars that are slammed, I would definitely lower my car to get rid of the wheel gap but when you have to constantly worry about scraping and all that bs that comes along with keeping the car slammed..its not even worth it .. Is there any use to negative camber besides looks? idk, I much prefer a subtle offset. I think that looks nice but then again there is another person out there ready to call me out on that. Cant please everyone, do what you do
noobcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:32 AM   #36
Carlitoz3

Drives: 2013 MT Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Atleast a hot babe came out of that whip
Carlitoz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:40 AM   #37
TylerLieberman

Drives: '24 GR86
Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,577 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobcake View Post
To each is own, I appreciate there is a variety of stuff to see no matter how dumb I think it is. Even cars that are slammed, I would definitely lower my car to get rid of the wheel gap but when you have to constantly worry about scraping and all that bs that comes along with keeping the car slammed..its not even worth it .. Is there any use to negative camber besides looks? idk, I much prefer a subtle offset. I think that looks nice but then again there is another person out there ready to call me out on that. Cant please everyone, do what you do
Yes camber serves a purpose. -10 degrees doesn't but there are benefits to dialing camber in an alignment. People use camber for different reasons though. Some use it to fit wheels and others use it simply for performance gains.

Some cars are on the extreme side but it's not like they're digging through peoples' wallets on this forum to pay for it. Who cares what they do? I'm not a big fan of some of things I see but I don't feel the need to go through everybody's thread and shit all over it cause I don't like it. Click the back arrow and move along..

This forum is just now.

Better question: Making another pointless thread about a subject that has been discussed 4,376 times on this forum is cool because?
TylerLieberman is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TylerLieberman For This Useful Post:
mx5 2nr (06-27-2014)
Old 06-27-2014, 08:28 PM   #38
NWFRS

Drives: ‘13 FRS
Thanked 1,502 Times in 634 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Because racecar.
NWFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:17 PM   #39
totopo

Drives: 370z
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWFRS View Post
Because racecar.
I thought that quote us usually used by stance people to make fun of "ricers". I thought everyone generally understood that stance is low and slow? Is there anyone who really thinks any part of stance/hellaflush improves performance?
totopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:28 PM   #40
Snowblind
Banned

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Most of this forum are stance fgts that ruined the car's performance by doing stupid mods to impress high school kids.
Snowblind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 08:23 AM   #41
TylerLieberman

Drives: '24 GR86
Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,577 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
Most of this forum are stance fgts that ruined the car's performance by doing stupid mods to impress high school kids.
Most of this forum is a bunch of pricks passing judgment on people they don't know....

I can't help but notice that a large majority of these "stance fgts" just keep to themselves on this forum. They post primarily only in their own build thread and their friends' and leave positive comments and enjoy each other's progress.

Meanwhile, a large group of everybody else who hates anything stance goes to all the threads relative to stance focused builds and leave nothing but negative comments and backhanded slaps to the face in the form of a positive comment. I.e. Looks like shit but to each their own. As if it's really necessary to even to post that much.

The "stance fgts" will continue doing their thing no matter what anybody tells them. Not everybody is pushing for lap times, and that goes for more than just those stance kids. There's like 30 build threads in here that are 10 pages long and consist of nothing but shift knobs, light bulbs, plastidip, and car washes.

The difference is all those "fgts" everybody doesn't like will compliment and push each other to push the boundaries and do new things. Meanwhile, everybody will look at them, scratch their heads, and get worked up over how something that has no direct affect on their own life pisses them off.

I'm not really big on it but I enjoy seeing people doing new things with the car and giving even more of a reason for aftermarket support to grow.

Lastly, I didn't know that being into stance could determine your sexual orientation. Interesting...
TylerLieberman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 08:53 AM   #42
FRS_FIEND
Whats next?

Drives: '13 Asphalt FRS MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerLieberman View Post
Most of this forum is a bunch of pricks passing judgment on people they don't know....

I can't help but notice that a large majority of these "stance fgts" just keep to themselves on this forum. They post primarily only in their own build thread and their friends' and leave positive comments and enjoy each other's progress.

Meanwhile, a large group of everybody else who hates anything stance goes to all the threads relative to stance focused builds and leave nothing but negative comments and backhanded slaps to the face in the form of a positive comment. I.e. Looks like shit but to each their own. As if it's really necessary to even to post that much.

The "stance fgts" will continue doing their thing no matter what anybody tells them. Not everybody is pushing for lap times, and that goes for more than just those stance kids. There's like 30 build threads in here that are 10 pages long and consist of nothing but shift knobs, light bulbs, plastidip, and car washes.

The difference is all those "fgts" everybody doesn't like will compliment and push each other to push the boundaries and do new things. Meanwhile, everybody will look at them, scratch their heads, and get worked up over how something that has no direct affect on their own life pisses them off.

I'm not really big on it but I enjoy seeing people doing new things with the car and giving even more of a reason for aftermarket support to grow.

Lastly, I didn't know that being into stance could determine your sexual orientation. Interesting...

Its not even worth arguing with closed minded people, bro. They'll continue to hate no matter what.
FRS_FIEND is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
d-bags hatin' on d-bags