follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs)

Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) Wash, Wax, Details, Repairs

User Tag List

Old 06-24-2012, 09:50 PM   #15
Luken10

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I find that the foam gun is a great way to keep more suds on the car. The thicker the lather, generally the less damage you do to your clear coat. If you are striving for perfection then it is a good tool to have in your arsenal. If you want the absolute thickest foam that won't run off your car too quickly then you should invest in a power washer and a foam cannon attatchment. Is it absolutely necessary? Of course not, but you are going to get the best results that way.
Luken10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:45 PM   #16
michaelahess

Drives: '13 GBS BRZ Lim, 2006 Dodge RAM MC
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miniata View Post
Yeah, it was too much. First time using the foam gun, I figured I'd rather err on the side of too much soap than not enough. I still had about 1/4 of the mixture left over when I was done. I'll probably use half as much next time, and keep going down from there. Are you using that little of soap in 10 years with a foam gun or conventional washing?
Conventional, less water to the amount of soap, suds up more than I probably need even. I only fill my bucket half full with a cap of wash fluid. Unless I'm doing my big truck, then two caps and a full bucket.
michaelahess is offline   Reply With Quote