follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 08-11-2013, 08:22 PM   #15
WHITE
Thats pretty neat

Drives: LOADING......
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
those who dont want to spend +/-50$ on a new pedal can try this instead, its not using your heel and toe but it achieves the same thing without the need to turn your foot sideways.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeRPE8o-HUs"]fancy feet? - YouTube[/ame]
WHITE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WHITE For This Useful Post:
akahenry (04-08-2015), Pseud0logik (05-24-2014), ssyed (03-15-2015)
Old 08-11-2013, 11:54 PM   #16
wootwoot

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
I heel toed with the edge of my foot like that for a while. Once I started going to the track I found it didn't work so well. You have such a small surface area of your foot on the bake that, for me anyway, it was difficult to brake really hard... Just my opinion.
wootwoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:33 AM   #17
Panman

Drives: 86 GTS
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWookiee View Post
Sorry Bud. Canadian. "Z" is pronounced "Zed."

As it is everywhere except the US
Panman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:35 AM   #18
Panman

Drives: 86 GTS
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wootwoot View Post
I heel toed with the edge of my foot like that for a while. Once I started going to the track I found it didn't work so well. You have such a small surface area of your foot on the bake that, for me anyway, it was difficult to brake really hard... Just my opinion.

Funny, I found the reverse - the harder I brake, the more overlap and more control certainly with the Cusco
Panman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:12 AM   #19
WHITE
Thats pretty neat

Drives: LOADING......
Quote:
Originally Posted by wootwoot View Post
Weird, Ive never had any issue's hard braking like this
WHITE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:04 AM   #20
WhiteRose

Drives: 2013 Genesis Sedan
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
I drove the fr-s I don't quite own one yet but driven it enough times for me to know that it's not that hard to heel toe if you have big feet it's actually quite easier to do so.
WhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:27 PM   #21
flashburn

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWookiee View Post
Hey guys,

I just put in my Cusco Accelerator Pedal and it makes quite a bit difference for me. I know lots of people on the forum don't have any issues heel and toeing in this car, but I'm not quite as flexible as some other drivers. For around $50 it's a bit pricey, but I feel like it's made a pretty big difference.

I don't know if this belongs in Cosmetic Modification, because I feel like it's definitely a part that helps with performance. Hopefully this video I made can help you guys decide on picking one up or not:

Stupid question, but how did you hold down the nuts on the top bracket? I was able to get a socket around the bottom bracket, but the top bracket doesn't have enough clearance for a socket, and I can't seem to get a good enough grip on it with needlenose pliers. It's fucking ridiculous how I thought this was going to be a 5 minute install, and here I am after 40 minutes and I still don't have this done. So pissed off right now. I must just be retarded or something, because your video skipped over actually attaching it, so I figured that meant it was so easy, it wasn't worth the time to show people how to install it.

The way it attaches to the pedal seems really poorly thought out, it's just a royal pain the ass to attach. Especially having to squeeze down there to do it.
flashburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:58 PM   #22
BRZNutt

Drives: 2014 DGM Subaru Impreza 2.0i 5 Door
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Remove the 2 nuts holding the pedal assy to the firewall with a 10 mm socket and disconnect the electrical connector. Take it out of the car and install the Cusco cover. Much easier than trying to monkey yourself into the footwell. (It can be done with an open end wrench if you insist on being a contortionist...)

Old 02-04-2014, 10:03 PM   #23
Wes

Drives: JRSC'd Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
I can heel and toe just fine, but this would make it so much easier.

As for rolling your foot off, I used to do that when I began driving, but noticed it doesn't really give you the power to brake if you need to if you gotta stop in a pinch while heel and toeing.
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wes For This Useful Post:
superleggera (07-03-2016)
Old 02-05-2014, 05:52 AM   #24
flashburn

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZNutt View Post
Remove the 2 nuts holding the pedal assy to the firewall with a 10 mm socket and disconnect the electrical connector. Take it out of the car and install the Cusco cover. Much easier than trying to monkey yourself into the footwell. (It can be done with an open end wrench if you insist on being a contortionist...)

Well shit, that'd make it a ton easier. Thanks a lot for that suggestion.
flashburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:54 AM   #25
CrazyWookiee

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Oh yeah, sorry. I forgot to mention that part in the video. Regular size pliers I couldn't get between the footwell and the pedal, so I had a smaller set of pliers and I used those to hold the nut while I screwed in the pedal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashburn View Post
Stupid question, but how did you hold down the nuts on the top bracket? I was able to get a socket around the bottom bracket, but the top bracket doesn't have enough clearance for a socket, and I can't seem to get a good enough grip on it with needlenose pliers. It's fucking ridiculous how I thought this was going to be a 5 minute install, and here I am after 40 minutes and I still don't have this done. So pissed off right now. I must just be retarded or something, because your video skipped over actually attaching it, so I figured that meant it was so easy, it wasn't worth the time to show people how to install it.

The way it attaches to the pedal seems really poorly thought out, it's just a royal pain the ass to attach. Especially having to squeeze down there to do it.

"I'm the real Peter Lau" - Peter Lau
CrazyWookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:45 AM   #26
ハチロク

Drives: 2014 Ultramarine FR-S
Garage
I just got the Cusco pedal about a week ago. It is very helpful in learning how to heel & toe but but once I start really braking hard it might end up getting in the way. Another thing I noticed about it that I am surprised no one mentioned yet is that it is very slippery. If you are wearing grippy shoes it isn't bad at all but I commute to work and with my dress shoes (which have no grip) the gas pedal slips a lot! the stock pedals have rubber inserts though and grip just fine no matter what shoes I'm wearing.
ハチロク is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ハチロク For This Useful Post:
funwheeldrive (01-22-2015), zdr93523 (05-15-2014)