follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 09-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #421
rfdunnjr

Drives: BRZ Limited Auto Satin White Pearl
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
JK Subaru in Nederland, Tx

I was quoted a black limited AT BRZ at retail price on Sept.5th by the sales manager.

Yesterday, the sales manager contacts me to say that same BRZ is in, but the dealership added a "$1000 Market Adjustment" to the price.

My response - I'll wait on the BRZ and deal with a dealership that honors their quotes.
rfdunnjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:12 PM   #422
Tbxgz

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirnice View Post
Fitzgerald Auto Mall, Gaithersburg MD

I went for a test drive there last week and was told to make it short. Right after I pull out of the dealers lot, I was told immediately to make a U-turn after 2 traffic lights down the street.
I feel very uncomfortable test driving the car, obviously that defeats the purpose of test drive since I didn't get to TEST the car. My top speed was under 40mph with that short 5 min drive. WTF!!! Ohh don't bother asking them to appraise for a trade in because they will LIE about the KBB value to LOW BALL the shit out of you. Never going back there and will warn friends, coworkers and relatives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirnice View Post
Seems like all the Subaru dealers are shady and greedy. Scion is easier to get but is the BRZ interior that much better? In the longer run these Subaru stealer will end up hurting from (lack of) sales and when these cars are available in numbers, they'll have to discount them below invoice.
Fitzgerald is a joke. I'm shocked that people continue to do business with them. I've heard from multiple people that used to work there, that the owner is the biggest scum bag in town.

There are good Subaru dealerships in the area if your willing to wait. I got my BRZ at Herb Gordon for 700 over invoice.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:46 PM   #423
xdbuix

Drives: 2013 Galaxy Blue Limited BRZ
Garage
Hey I know there's a blacklist against Stamford Subaru. I want to let you know about my experiences there. I literally just bought a BRZ there today. I specifically told my salesperson, Tony, about what happened before with the other member here. Tony told me there was no Markup. To be completely sure, I had him sign the purchase order and all that to guarantee the MSRP price. When I went up there, he was very professional and was very direct. I was done quick and was under no pressure with no markup.

So i want to throw that out there. Btw the car=awesome
Old 10-02-2012, 10:32 AM   #424
The Fitzway

Drives: Toyota Camry
Test Drive

Hello. I work for Fitzgerald Auto Malls and would like to look into this for you, but I need some more information first. Could you please send me your name, the FitzMall location you were shopping at, and the people you were working with? You can send it to socialmedia@fitzmall.com. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
The Fitzway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #425
Jayde

Drives: 2013 Satin White Pearl BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdbuix View Post
Hey I know there's a blacklist against Stamford Subaru. I want to let you know about my experiences there. I literally just bought a BRZ there today. I specifically told my salesperson, Tony, about what happened before with the other member here. Tony told me there was no Markup. To be completely sure, I had him sign the purchase order and all that to guarantee the MSRP price. When I went up there, he was very professional and was very direct. I was done quick and was under no pressure with no markup.

So i want to throw that out there. Btw the car=awesome
Keep in mind that when I went there, this was March/April/May time. I don't recall without looking back through some posts. Like I said in a previous post about Stamford Subaru, it's possible that they changed their selling procedure since I went there. Or maybe it's because you mentioned the fact that you're on the forums and they didn't want more heat on them from trying to mark you up. But either way, I'm glad you got the car from them at MSRP.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #426
Spocktaculous

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Please add Marin Mazda Subaru to blacklist:

Satin White Premium MSRP + $3995.
Limited Dark Grey Metallic MSRP + $4995.
Spocktaculous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:42 PM   #427
Kabong

Drives: 1999 Accord v6; 2017 CWP BRZ Ltd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spocktaculous View Post
Please add Marin Mazda Subaru to blacklist:

Satin White Premium MSRP + $3995.
Limited Dark Grey Metallic MSRP + $4995.
FYI, Markup on MSRP shouldn't put dealers on a blacklist...Just shady dealings (like when they tell you MSRP, you agree, go to financing and they throw a markup then.... or order your car with deposit, agree to MSRP, car comes in, then they throw a 3k markup)...

Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kabong For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (10-24-2012), tripjammer (01-12-2013)
Old 10-24-2012, 04:17 PM   #428
Tbxgz

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fitzway View Post
Hello. I work for Fitzgerald Auto Malls and would like to look into this for you, but I need some more information first. Could you please send me your name, the FitzMall location you were shopping at, and the people you were working with? You can send it to socialmedia@fitzmall.com. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
The damage is done. IDK what location you work with, but the Gaithersburg location is awful and has a terrible reputation. I can't even count how many people I've talked to who have had bad experiences with them. Even this thread has 4 or 5 people who have had stories with how poor their experience was. If your really that interested, my story is on the front page.

I'd also like to point out that the problem wasn't entirely the staffs fault. They lied and were unhelpful but ultimately, it was the greedy owner who slapped on a 2k mark up fee THE DAY THE ORDERS OPENED.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:32 PM   #429
LeeMaster
Red wine

Drives: Subaru BRZ(R.I.P)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Dealer: Brooklyn Park Subaru, Minnesota

They posted their advertisements on cars.com and all over the internet with the real MSRP. When I walked inside the dealership, their car was even stickered with the MSRP. Normally you would see a price adjustment somewhere on the car but this was not the case. The salesman even told me on that first day that the price of the vehicle will be what it is posted on the paper. I was excited about the opportunity of paying MSRP and put on a $500 deposit and told them I will come back the next business day and bring my car for trade-in.

A few days later: "Hey, im back!" all excited for nothing, sat down with the salesman, I let them test drove my would-be trade-in car. test was good, and then it happened... a slap to my face with a $1,000 markup. I just sat there looking at the paper and tried to argue with them about it. The sales manager even gave me a bullshit KBB paper saying that my trade-in car was worth $4,000 less than the actual trade-in value that was listed on the real KBB website(Glad I did my research before I got there). After a few minutes of jabs and punches I just basically told them, "you know what, Scion is offering $1,000 off of any new car purchases for people in the military and I got a $1,000 markup from you. Goodluck doing business in the future because this bad experience will be spread all over to everyone that I know."

PS
Morries dealership is offering a "Buy Happy free oil change" for any car purchased at their dealerships. DO NOT BUY! I am warning you, they will still charge you for labor cost and you will still pay for Synthetic Oil. Not only that, you have to take your car in for the recommended mileage service otherwise they will void your so-called "Buy Happy free oil change" coupons because you did not complete the services at their dealership with 'their' certified ASE mechanic. I have a new nickname for this program, "Buy unhappy and blow me for not completing the required services".

Last edited by LeeMaster; 10-24-2012 at 06:27 PM.
LeeMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LeeMaster For This Useful Post:
Subie (10-24-2012)
Old 11-19-2012, 06:03 PM   #430
Khánh

Drives: sc00ter
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

This is Chris from Subaru of Glendale. Thank you very much for your interest in our 2013 Subaru BRZ's. Please click on the following link to view the incoming as well as in stock BRZ we have:

http://www.subaruofglendale.net/new-inventory/index.htm?listingConfigId=auto-new&year=&model=BRZ&internetPrice=&start=0&sort=&f acetbrowse=true

If you would like to insure one of these vehicles' availability I would highly recommend to put down a $1000 deposit on this vehicle. All BRZ's currently have a $7,500 Mark-up however , as an Internet Customer I can offer you a BRZ for $5,000 over MSRP.

Please let me know if you would be interested in going through with a deposit, or if you have any questions, you can reach me either via email or directly @ 818 726 9623you can also text me at this number.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to helping you!

Best regards,

Christopher Garchitorena
Internet Customer Relations Manager
Subaru of Glendale
1308 S Brand Blvd Glendale CA 91204
818-726-9623 you can also text me at this number
818-396-3900 be sure to ask for Chris
www.subaruofglendale.net
Khánh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #431
bdbx18

Drives: Present MDX, Civic Hybrid, BRZ
Subaru of Glendale, Ca and their $5k - $7.5k markup. I guess it won't be fair to blacklist them for markups.

But I'm definitely not going to even think about them on my next Subaru nor would I direct anyone to them because of this.
bdbx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #432
Jayde

Drives: 2013 Satin White Pearl BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
$5,000 to $7,500 markup...? Greedy *insert your favorite bad word here*
Old 11-20-2012, 02:20 PM   #433
arleewa

Drives: 2013 Satin White Pearl Subaru BRZ
hey guys,

just wanted to put my 2 cents in...

i know renick subaru of fullerton was selling brz's at $5,000 over MSRP...they would claim that people would line up at 8:30 am to get the car too (what a load of crap)

i got my BRZ from puente hills subaru. from what i was told, a new sales manager was hired right before i walked in. i know they are on the blacklist already, but i can tell u that i called in to inquire about a brz and was told they had what i was looking for. i asked about a mark-up and they told me there was none so i immediately drove over.

sure enough, they offered me the car without markup just like they said. they DID try to swindle me into a 7% apr because they figured i wouldnt know the difference as a first time car buyer, but i eventually brought them down to 2.75%. i guess the 7% apr thing is pretty shady but hey, if you fall for that you probably didnt do ur homework beforehand anyway.

long story short they told me what they were offering in terms of price over the phone and they stuck to it. be sure to negotiate hard for a lower apr as aggressively as possible (they were pretty tough about this). other than that everyone was really cool. my sales rep was philip and the sales manager's name was tony if i remember correctly.

anyway, it might be time to reconsider their blacklist label, that is if someone else can confirm that they hired a new sales manager since the OP's first listed complaint on them.
arleewa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:51 PM   #434
Khánh

Drives: sc00ter
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleewa View Post
hey guys,

just wanted to put my 2 cents in...

i know renick subaru of fullerton was selling brz's at $5,000 over MSRP...they would claim that people would line up at 8:30 am to get the car too (what a load of crap)

i got my BRZ from puente hills subaru. from what i was told, a new sales manager was hired right before i walked in. i know they are on the blacklist already, but i can tell u that i called in to inquire about a brz and was told they had what i was looking for. i asked about a mark-up and they told me there was none so i immediately drove over.

sure enough, they offered me the car without markup just like they said. they DID try to swindle me into a 7% apr because they figured i wouldnt know the difference as a first time car buyer, but i eventually brought them down to 2.75%. i guess the 7% apr thing is pretty shady but hey, if you fall for that you probably didnt do ur homework beforehand anyway.

long story short they told me what they were offering in terms of price over the phone and they stuck to it. be sure to negotiate hard for a lower apr as aggressively as possible (they were pretty tough about this). other than that everyone was really cool. my sales rep was philip and the sales manager's name was tony if i remember correctly.

anyway, it might be time to reconsider their blacklist label, that is if someone else can confirm that they hired a new sales manager since the OP's first listed complaint on them.

great job! thanks for sharing!
Khánh is offline   Reply With Quote