follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 09-07-2016, 08:20 PM   #617
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,682 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dp1 View Post
I currently use Delicious FNG tune with C38 and standard pulley and I've been told that, since it's a speed density tune, it will adjust to HBP as is. In a few weeks I will have HBP on C38 with a built engine (designed for >400whp and >10k rpm) and running 93oct and with extensive cooling mods.

I wouldn't use HBP on a c38 with a stock engine even with ethanol and big cooling mods but experts will keep me honest if that's ok.
The Flash & Go can compensate for boost levels anywhere from 0 to 32psi. That being said, running a high boost pulley on a C38 charger is a combination intended purely for use on built motor applications, as you point out. Hope this helps!

-Zach
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 07:49 AM   #618
COO86L

Drives: 2015 86 GTS + Mitsi Lancer GSR
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by COO86L View Post
OKAY REVIEW TIEM!!!!

Last week my turbo kit arrived. Second hand Sydney Motorsport Engineering Borg Warner EFR 6758 kit.

I worked 3am to 11am all week and after each shift, I worked on installing the kit (myself, with poor instructions). Took me three afternoons. I finished Friday afternoon/night. Flashed the car, did some quick logs for Zach and went to bed to start at 3am Saturday morning. Time difference meant 3am my time was the start of the day at Delicious Tuning

From the ABSOLUTE GET GO, the car did exactly that. It went. And it went hard. I could not believe that with a single flash tune, it could go that good.

Did some logs and reviews Saturday morning with no changes needed what so ever (on my old sprintex kit there were a few adjustments needed so I am quite surprised none are needed)

I then proceeded to drive 3 hours up the road with no worries at all. On the way back, I got curious to see how much boost we were making so I connected the OBDII up and we were making like, 8 PSI. I couldn't believe how AMAZING the car runs on just 8 PSI. That's amazing stuff!!

All in all, very very much loving the Flash & Go tune and how it just simply works immediately!!! Very very satisfying

Okay review part two!!!

Have been going back and forth with Zach over the last week 1 PSI at a time to make sure everything looks sweet. So far we have reached 14 PSI on 98 RON before the clutch slipped and the stock tyres wouldn't hold in 3rd.

- Oops hold on, back story. I got my Sprintex 210+/SPS tuned by Delicious (yes I changed from Sprintex only because I get bored easy). After about 13 or 14 revisions from the original tune, we had it down pat. Only had to do revisions due to the SPS system being more efficient and also 98 fuel and flex fuel. OKAY BACK TO MY STORY

I'm currently on the 3rd revision ONLY due to take off. I attribute this to the fact that this is an Aussie kit not sold except for here. Not ONE revision has been done due to increase PSI etc. Tune feels aaamazing, solid all the way through. Logs look gud too. And Zach even said it can keep going (but we set overboost to 15 PSI and my boost controller is set to the same).

All in all, super surprised at how well the tune/car performs and can't wait until we put some E85 in and the new clutch
COO86L is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to COO86L For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2016, 04:52 AM   #619
Sloww86

Drives: Argento FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Ok I'm new to this tuning aspect so if I sound retarded plus forgive.

I have an ECUtek tune already on my frs. If I buy a turbo kit (I'm deciding b/w AVO and Ptuning, both supported by Delicious) would I need a new ECUtek license, dongle, and flashNgo setup? And how much would that run in total as a package?
Sloww86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 05:29 AM   #620
SoCalArgento

Drives: 2014 Argento FRS
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloww86 View Post
Ok I'm new to this tuning aspect so if I sound retarded plus forgive.

I have an ECUtek tune already on my frs. If I buy a turbo kit (I'm deciding b/w AVO and Ptuning, both supported by Delicious) would I need a new ECUtek license, dongle, and flashNgo setup? And how much would that run in total as a package?

Since you said you have an ECUtek tune you should already have a dongle, cable and license, you should only need a FnG tune from delicious for your corresponding turbo setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SoCalArgento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 02:35 PM   #621
Sloww86

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalArgento View Post
Since you said you have an ECUtek tune you should already have a dongle, cable and license, you should only need a FnG tune from delicious for your corresponding turbo setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok. Thanks. I had the tune done by a shop. Do I have to ask them for the dongle cable and license or am I misunderstanding?

Is the dongle installed in my frs near the ECU or OBD port with the cable?

How do I get access to the license is there a registration number or
Something?
Old 09-17-2016, 05:49 PM   #622
menikmati

Drives: 2015 BRZ, 2005 STI
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Having an EcuTek tune does not necessarily mean that you own the cable and dongle, you only have a license for your ECU.

The cable and dongle retail for $350.
menikmati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:28 AM   #623
GsxrMe

Drives: Late 2014 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
Having an EcuTek tune does not necessarily mean that you own the cable and dongle, you only have a license for your ECU.

The cable and dongle retail for $350.
Correct, and most tuners dont give the cables unless you request it for a price. $350
FBM Turbokit: GTX3076R - ECUTEK HRI FlexFuel tune - FBM 3" Turboback Exhaust - 550cc Injectors - Walbro 485 Fuel Pump - 4bar Map Sensor - FBM Oil Pan - ACT SB7-XTSS - AMSOIL all fluids - Forester XT Oil Cooler - Cusco engine, trans mounts - Whiteline rear differential bushings - Perrin shifter bushing - Firehawk 235/45/17 - AEM Failsafe
GsxrMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 03:18 PM   #624
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,682 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
As above, if you've been tuned then you do have an EcuTek License already. If you'd like a cable kit, it is $350. However, if you'd just like us to tune the car in person without buying a cable kit, we can do that too.

-Zach
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 03:20 AM   #625
Sloww86

Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@delicioustuning.com View Post
As above, if you've been tuned then you do have an EcuTek License already. If you'd like a cable kit, it is $350. However, if you'd just like us to tune the car in person without buying a cable kit, we can do that too.

-Zach

so the pricing will be ~$350 w/tax for the tune and cable kit? or is the cable kit a charge separate from the tune?
Old 09-24-2016, 06:31 AM   #626
dp1
driving smoother faster

Drives: Sold
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
so the pricing will be ~$350 w/tax for the tune and cable kit? or is the cable kit a charge separate from the tune?

~$350 for cable kit only, tune is additional cost
dp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 09:11 PM   #627
Sloww86

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp1 View Post
~$350 for cable kit only, tune is additional cost

alright, appreciate all the help guys. its not just my car that's slow.. its also the owner lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Sloww86 For This Useful Post:
dp1 (09-25-2016)
Old 09-24-2016, 10:33 PM   #628
menikmati

Drives: 2015 BRZ, 2005 STI
Quote:
alright, appreciate all the help guys. its not just my car that's slow.. its also the owner lol
It's better to ask questions and learn now rather than be SOL down the line in the middle of a build.

As @sales@delicioustuning.com pointed out, most tuners will only charge you for the tune as they can use their own EcuTek cable and dongle to flash your ECU. In my case with Delicious, I specifically asked to purchase the cable and dongle and I ended up using it the same day to get a revised tune which I was able to flash at home.
menikmati is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to menikmati For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2016, 11:16 PM   #629
Sloww86

im very mechanically inclined, and my experience is based in aviation maintenance so working with ecu related issues is my pitfall. im just doing like you said and trying to save some ass pains l8r

ill be doing my build from almost scratch with all work done by me but yous guys have been super helpful
The Following User Says Thank You to Sloww86 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2016, 02:12 PM   #630
DHitHim

Drives: 2015 CWP Limited BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
How long does it usually take to finalize a flash and go tune for forced induction flex fuel say if you receive 1 revised map a day and send back required data logs back that same day? (Considering all things run correctly, O2 sensor is good, injectors are fine, no leaks in exhaust, etc)