follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 01-05-2011, 03:52 AM   #1
Maxim

Drives: 2010 GTI 2dr Tornado Red
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What little things you want to see

Everybody is all concerned about the big stuff still, since we don't know any of it, so maybe this is premature, but the everyday details can really make or break a car. With that said, what "little things" would you like to see on the production version of this car?

My list of do want:

- one touch up and down windows
- fold flat rear seats
- SD card slot linked to the sound system for easy audio so I don't have to put my zune in a cup holder
- FULLY defeatable traction/stability controls
- interior map lights using red light (allows you to see stuff in the car at night without turning on the overhead lights, and preserves your night vision)
- REAR WIPER
- no, seriously. Rear wiper
- sequencial rear turn signals of some sort (one of the coolest exterior features of the 2010+ mustang)
- Rear window defroster that WORKS. Japanese cars tend to be a bit weak in this area in my experience
- if it gets a turbo, a boost gauge
- a nice fat steering wheel with a flat bottom
- optional recaros
- readouts for fuel economy (instant and average)
- ability to get a loaded model without navigation
- cloth upholstry that doesn't look like crap
- ecu tuning which does not hold onto revs (this is used to lower emissions in modern cars but it's hellishly annoying for rev matching and hurts the sound of the engine....if it must be included, please give me a "sport" button with more aggressive throttle calibration which eliminates it)

Ok that's everything I could think of off the top of my head that is reasonably easy to implement and would t send costs soaring. What'd I miss?
Maxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:01 AM   #2
Maxim

Bah, I forgot. A Toyota version of the 370z's synchro rev match would be awesome, as that system truly works wonders.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:02 PM   #3
ScurrilousKnave

Drives: '96 AE102
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
- SD card slot linked to the sound system for easy audio so I don't have to put my zune in a cup holder
Wouldn't you rather have a USB port in the glovebox or center console so you could play and charge your Zune while having it hidden? Personally, I would. I probably wouldn't even touch it except to add more music then!
Old 01-05-2011, 01:25 PM   #4
Dark
Elite Padawan

Drives: '15 WRX, 15 GLA250, and 2 feet
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
Bah, I forgot. A Toyota version of the 370z's synchro rev match would be awesome, as that system truly works wonders.
I started the threat about Synchro Rev here. Statistically, majority don't want it.

As I remember, there was a report from Lexusclub saying that Toyota will have it own version media device connection or whatever it is like Ford's Sync. Toyota claimed that it will be better than Sync.

And No, I think they should have rear light set up like Lexus IS-F and LS460 (LED light).

And ability to get a load model without nav is making it's a Scion which is what majority of people don't want.

Based on my observation, Toyota cars will get a hard and cheap plastic for interior (hope they improve the quality).

FT-86 will get flat bottom steering wheel. You just look at tC, CT200h and LFA. Those new models come with flat bottom.

SD slot? seriously? It's a sport car, not an laptop. Get aftermarket player.

All I want is, Toyota should have a OEM part buy back program because there will be a lot of parts with be replaced. LOL
Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:20 PM   #5
Maxim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
I started the threat about Synchro Rev here. Statistically, majority don't want it.
That's here. This forum is hardly representative of the target market for the car....this is a super hardcore crowd. For those that don't want it....well there's an off button....

As I remember, there was a report from Lexusclub saying that Toyota will have it own version media device connection or whatever it is like Ford's Sync. Toyota claimed that it will be better than Sync.
Well, Sync is AWESOME so that would be cool.

And No, I think they should have rear light set up like Lexus IS-F and LS460 (LED light).
Maybe you didn't get what I meant? I dont mean make them look like the new mustang tail lights. I mean make them sequential...which would be even easier to do with LEDs. Sequential as in first one part of the tail lights turn on, then the next, then the next. Kind of like an animated road sign with arrows in concept, instead of the whole tail light turning on at once.

And ability to get a load model without nav is making it's a Scion which is what majority of people don't want.
Erm...what? How does that have anything to do with Scion. I want most of the tech goodies but I dont want nav in my car because I have my own nav unit that I can take from car to car and don't wish to tack on 2000 dollars to the price of my car for something that quickly becomes out dated. Many automakers lump NAV in with other options, forcing you to buy it. I HATE this.

Based on my observation, Toyota cars will get a hard and cheap plastic for interior (hope they improve the quality).
I don't really care if the interior is hard plastic, as long as the touch points are soft. Elbow rests, steering wheel texture, etc. My GTI has a fully soft-touch interior on almost every surface and guess what? I never touch it. I'm not in the habit of lovingly caressing my dashboard. If they can keep the cost of the car down by only making the parts I put my hands and elbows on soft, that's fine.

FT-86 will get flat bottom steering wheel. You just look at tC, CT200h and LFA. Those new models come with flat bottom.
Awesome.

My current car has an SD slot (as well as a jack for an iPod, PLUS another auxiliary input, so I can theoretically hook 3 different music playing devices up at once....). I've never even bothered plugging my zune into it, because with the SD card slot, it takes up no room at all, and I don't have to remember to bring my zune out to the car with me every time I want to drive. SD card slot is HIGHLY convenient because of this, and since it's just a memory storage device, the stereo doesn't have to try to interface with the iPod/Zune. Mine's 100% touch screen, allowing me to cycle through all the artists, songs, etc, easily. It's HIGHLY convenient and since this is gonna be a daily driver, I would like some nice conveniences from the factory. Forcing me to buy the car with a shitty stereo system which I then have to replace is ridiculous. They should just put in a good one from the start.

All I want is, Toyota should have a OEM part buy back program because there will be a lot of parts with be replaced. LOL
There's this thing called Ebay.....

Responses in blue We've obviously got really different priorities when it comes to cars though, since I disagreed with almost all of your points lol
Old 01-05-2011, 02:24 PM   #6
Maxim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuanrang View Post
Wouldn't you rather have a USB port in the glovebox or center console so you could play and charge your Zune while having it hidden? Personally, I would. I probably wouldn't even touch it except to add more music then!
No, definitely not, for the exact reason you just said. I use my Zune ALL the time, for working out, listening to music AT work, etc. Having to keep hooking it up and unhooking it and taking it outta my gym bag and just messing about with it means that it's NOT going to just sit in my car. But the SD card can. The only reason it ever comes out is to add music off my laptop. And it doesn't take up any space in a glove compartment or cup holder. Plus the stereo doesn't have to try to interface with the Zune or iPod that way (which with some systems can be VERY slow)
Old 01-05-2011, 02:45 PM   #7
OldSkoolToys
Is a Monster

Drives: AE86, MA70
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Power nothing
Cloth seats
Heat, AC, CD player the only comforts
No GPS
No Computer console thingy
LSD
Good ole-fashioned 6speed shifter. No computer aided B.S.
Oil-Pressure gauge. No dummy light BS.
No traction control on the car at all anyways, it doesn't belong, at all, ever, and ever, never, not here, fucking take that shit and shove it up your ass, no, I don't even want the holes cut into the firewall for the extra wiring if it were to be ever added or wanted to be added take it all and make it a suppository and then shove itu p your ass.

If I want gizmo's and comforts and stupid computers telling me that I can't slide around even though I explicitly turned off Traction Control, I'll get a car I don't care about.
OldSkoolToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:05 PM   #8
Snaps
Supra Owner

Drives: 1995 Toyota Supra UK Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
You seem to be forgetting that most cars now don't use DIN-sized headunit slots, the player controls are usually built into the dash...
Old 01-05-2011, 03:21 PM   #9
zigzagz94
BRZerhood Lurker #13

Drives: 15 DGM BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Having a eclipse/RSX/Celica style liftback option would make all the difference to me. I love the extra cargo space and utility it adds to my DD vehicle which the FT will be.
zigzagz94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:25 PM   #10
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolToys View Post
Power nothing
Cloth seats
No GPS
LSD
No traction control on the car at all anyways, it doesn't belong, at all, ever, and ever, never, not here, fucking take that shit and shove it up your ass, no, I don't even want the holes cut into the firewall for the extra wiring if it were to be ever added or wanted to be added take it all and make it a suppository and then shove itu p your ass.

If I want gizmo's and comforts and stupid computers telling me that I can't slide around even though I explicitly turned off Traction Control, I'll get a car I don't care about.
+100!
Old 01-05-2011, 06:35 PM   #11
Neutral_Eyes
Softparker

Drives: 2002 Mazda Miata
Unfortunately, all cars in the US will be required to have some stability control by 2012. As long as it's able to be defeated, I'm fine with it. I agree with oil pressure gauge, or at least an optional electronic display for it. A rev matching system would be cool if the pedals aren't properly placed for easy heel-toe, but it'd increase cost, so... proper pedal placement! Seats with good side bolstering!

I don't really care about infotainment systems in cars like this; if I had my way I'd go with a radio/navi delete option, especially with a high-revving boxer. Wipers and defrosters and crap like that can go in a cold weather package, I'd only be taking it out on nice days anyhow. I suppose a not-so-small thing I'd like would be a targa top. That won't happen, but I'm fine with it.

Really, if they make a true sports car, everything I'm personally looking for should fall into place.
Neutral_Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:52 PM   #12
Dark
Elite Padawan

Drives: '15 WRX, 15 GLA250, and 2 feet
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolToys View Post
Power nothing
Cloth seats
No GPS
LSD

Agree, but Toyota mentioned that they will have 5 safety features on EVERY TOYOTA VEHICLE, so I don't hold my hope up. But hey, if those assists are disabled, I'm satisfied.
Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:22 PM   #13
70NYD

Drives: RX8 S1
The sequential tail lights are awesome ( have been around Ages ago then they stoped for whateve reason)
The concept shows USB slots next to the shifter, this would be fine, as you can get a USB to sd adapter, or simply stick a micro USB drive in there that won't protrude more than 10mm out
Old 01-05-2011, 09:06 PM   #14
4agze

Drives: Toyota Corolla SR5
Garage
this are not deal breakers for me but I'd like to see them on my FT86

Entune kinda like the sync from ford, i was reading more about this on CES C.NET
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/01/04/c...lmost-w-video/

on/full off traction control

on/off ABS will be cool

real nice cloth bucket seats but comfortable w/ easy to remove rear seats

comfortable steering wheel 350 mm Diameter will do

4 piston calipers front, 2 piston calipers on rear

LSD
4agze is offline   Reply With Quote