follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 10-30-2017, 11:40 PM   #1
justinco
btr.life

Drives: 2022 GR86
Thanked 1,094 Times in 491 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lightbulb Uninstalling my Sparco EVO race seats

It's that time of year.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaOkyfmaPjs[/ame]
Old 04-20-2018, 04:57 PM   #2
SuperTom

Drives: C5 Corvette, '17 Toyota 86, Jeep XJ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
sorry can't watch the video at work if this is answered. Are they comfortable enough for daily driving? Don't care about heated or needed to getting into the backseats as that is removed. Mainly looking for the weight loss, but like the comfort of the stock seats.
Old 04-20-2018, 05:42 PM   #3
justinco
btr.life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTom View Post
sorry can't watch the video at work if this is answered. Are they comfortable enough for daily driving? Don't care about heated or needed to getting into the backseats as that is removed. Mainly looking for the weight loss, but like the comfort of the stock seats.
They are not as comfortable as stock, but they are not terrible by any means.

FYI, with Buddy Club rails you save about 16bs over stock. With Sparco base and side mounts, you don't save hardly any weight.
Old 04-20-2018, 05:54 PM   #4
slacker221

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I have been daily driving with the same Sparco Evo II for about 2 years now and it is pretty comfortable for me. I am a skinny guy so the seats fit me very well. I preffer the sparco's over the stock even for daily driving because of how well it holds you in the seat. It may not be for everyone, but I like it. My only issue with it, is it a pain in the ass to get out of the car with, you cannot have anything in your hands as it takes at least one hand on the door sill to climb out of the bucket seat. And with my car being lowered it does not make it any easier. But if you dont mind that, then its a great seat. I have even done some smaller road trips with the seat and stayed comfortable. I have some bad lower back issues and I was suprised that im actually comfortable, and the seat does not hurt my back while driving, even on some bumpy roads.
slacker221 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to slacker221 For This Useful Post:
norcalpb (04-22-2018)
Old 04-22-2018, 09:29 PM   #5
SuperTom

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinco View Post
They are not as comfortable as stock, but they are not terrible by any means.

FYI, with Buddy Club rails you save about 16bs over stock. With Sparco base and side mounts, you don't save hardly any weight.
Thanks for opening my eyes up to the buddy club sliders. Wasn't looking for sliding mount setup but if they are only 9lbs that is about the same weight as side mounts + steel base.

I am looking at these seats as they have a lower thigh bolster which should make getting in and out easier. 22lbs isn't too heavy and I'm not sure if they are including that side mounts with that weight. My main goal is to lose weight while still be DD able and of course a budget is always good.
https://www.jegs.com/i/Scat/942/80-1780-61/10002/-1
Old 04-23-2018, 12:45 PM   #6
justinco
btr.life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTom View Post
Thanks for opening my eyes up to the buddy club sliders. Wasn't looking for sliding mount setup but if they are only 9lbs that is about the same weight as side mounts + steel base.

I am looking at these seats as they have a lower thigh bolster which should make getting in and out easier. 22lbs isn't too heavy and I'm not sure if they are including that side mounts with that weight. My main goal is to lose weight while still be DD able and of course a budget is always good.
https://www.jegs.com/i/Scat/942/80-1780-61/10002/-1
Just remember the stock seat weighs about 42lbs. It says a slider and adjustable side mounts come with the seat. So, you would need something like a Sparco base mount. The base mount plus that slider will put seat close to the stock seat weight. Or, don't use their slider and side mounts and just use the Buddy Club ones.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:26 PM   #7
SuperTom

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinco View Post
Just remember the stock seat weighs about 42lbs. It says a slider and adjustable side mounts come with the seat. So, you would need something like a Sparco base mount. The base mount plus that slider will put seat close to the stock seat weight. Or, don't use their slider and side mounts and just use the Buddy Club ones.

That would be the plan to ditch the procar slider/mounts and just use the all in one Buddy Club. Im just hoping the 22lb weight includes their mounts. They could be 18lbs without, + 9lbs for buddy club would be 27lbs total. A 15lb saving per side for about $350 a seat ($190 seat + $160 buddy club mount) would be great.