follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 07-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #15
pmdc

Drives: Raven FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsie View Post
Nice. But the problem I see with the Five Axis is I think the front lip is protruding too much. Is it just me?
I agree. They made it a tad too ricey. I prefer the stock front end.
pmdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #16
Enraged21
#RememberTheBuster

Drives: Firestorm FRS MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figo View Post
I am new here, hah.
Here is my FR-S Whiteout.
I love your sig man
Enraged21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:21 PM   #17
5th 86

Drives: 2013 BRZ SPORT TECH
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
Those look like the stock rims, the Five axis gun metal rims are pretty pricey
Oh ya didnt even notice from he pic, guy i met had the 5a rims, assumed he got them as part or the package, guess not... Cant tell if he has the duck bill either
5th 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:26 PM   #18
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th 86 View Post
Oh ya didnt even notice from he pic, guy i met had the 5a rims, assumed he got them as part or the package, guess not... Cant tell if he has the duck bill either
those 5A rims are pricey, $1560 for a set? A set of Enkeii that look nice in black would be around $1200 something.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:56 PM   #19
Figo

Drives: Vortech Supercharged FR-S
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I am thinking about getting a set of TE37, which is really sick and really pricey.

Quote:
those 5A rims are pricey, $1560 for a set? A set of Enkeii that look nice in black would be around $1200 something.

( White Tiger ) - FiGo's 車誌.
Figo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:00 PM   #20
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Smile

Quote:
I am thinking about getting a set of TE37, which is really sick and really pricey.
Volk wheels are pricey but really nice, but I wouldn't doubt that they are very durable, some drift cars have been using the titanium ones and others have been using the open market ones, nice choice but you should invest in some sticky tires with them.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
Old 07-11-2013, 05:14 PM   #21
Figo

I am also looking for some other brand like advan racing VARRSTOEN that has similar outlook, cuz TE37 are too pricey. I ran over brands like BBS and enkei and did not see anything i like. I just like the 6-spoke look of TE37. But it is kinda hard to find a similar rim.
Do you have any suggestion.

Quote:
Volk wheels are pricey but really nice, but I wouldn't doubt that they are very durable, some drift cars have been using the titanium ones and others have been using the open market ones, nice choice but you should invest in some sticky tires with them.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:18 PM   #22
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Smile

Quote:
I am also looking for some other brand like advan racing VARRSTOEN that has similar outlook, cuz TE37 are too pricey. I ran over brands like BBS and enkei and did not see anything i like. I just like the 6-spoke look of TE37. But it is kinda hard to find a similar rim.
Hmm. It would be better to post that question here:http://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24
I'm not very qualified to answer that its a huge aftermarket now so it won't be hard, but I would do engine mods and what not first because bigger rims and stickier and bigger tires, from reviews I have seen, tend to exacerbate the torque dip and power issue.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:37 AM   #23
Conn

Drives: g37
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Hello I recommend staying away form Varrstoen (just my opinion). If you like the 6 spoke wheel design check out the Gram Lights 57d. They're cheaper than the TE37, but much better quality than the Varrstoen. Good luck
Conn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:11 AM   #24
Figo

Hah thanks. I'v already order a set of Rota Grids. Varrstoens are great, but Rota Grids look exactly the same as TE37. And there are with high quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn View Post
Hello I recommend staying away form Varrstoen (just my opinion). If you like the 6 spoke wheel design check out the Gram Lights 57d. They're cheaper than the TE37, but much better quality than the Varrstoen. Good luck