follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 05-02-2014, 03:35 PM   #1
Fastbrew

Drives: 2014 Pearl White BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stoked - Nameless exhaust ordered

I have a 2014 pearl white BRZ that is 3 weeks old.

I just placed my order for a Nameless 2.5" Axelback and high flow cat package. I went with 5" mufflers and a resonator. I added the resonator because I will eventually add their header and a tune once I feel like voiding my warranty or it expires.

I missed their current production round and will take delivery in early June.

Cannot wait!

I will post back with results after install.

Here is my stock auto:

So much fun.
Fastbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fastbrew For This Useful Post:
daibunjau (05-03-2014), Gunman (05-02-2014), Ryan@Nameless (05-09-2014), SirBrass (05-02-2014)
Old 05-03-2014, 02:44 PM   #2
daibunjau

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Nice. I ordered my nameless axleback on 4/11 and they are still making it. The wait is killing me!
daibunjau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:35 AM   #3
Fastbrew

Drives: 2014 Pearl White BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daibunjau View Post
Nice. I ordered my nameless axleback on 4/11 and they are still making it. The wait is killing me!
The headers sound like they can take even longer. It's cool though - there are plenty of other things to add in the meantime
Fastbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:47 AM   #4
Pseud0logik

Drives: '13 Firestorm FRS MT
Damn. Somebody has some talent with a camera. That's desktop wallpaper material right there.
Pseud0logik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:30 AM   #5
Drive
Crickets...

Drives: FR-S 10 Series
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Don't hold your breath, you'll be waiting at least 3 months before Nameless will even start building your exhaust. I wouldn't recommend them - they need to have better communication with their customers and better delivery times.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:23 PM   #6
kludger

Drives: '13 Boxter S, '13 BRZ(gone)
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
I was in the same boat last summer for same exhaust, waiting for delivery a few weeks seemed like forever, but they actually showed up earlier than expected and the quality and sound has been well worth it.
kludger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kludger For This Useful Post:
daibunjau (05-05-2014), Ryan@Nameless (05-09-2014)
Old 05-05-2014, 04:34 PM   #7
itisthumper

Drives: WRB BRZ MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive View Post
Don't hold your breath, you'll be waiting at least 3 months before Nameless will even start building your exhaust. I wouldn't recommend them - they need to have better communication with their customers and better delivery times.
Their communication has been very good in my experience. They quickly answer any inquiries I have. I didnt end up buying anything though.
itisthumper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itisthumper For This Useful Post:
Ryan@Nameless (05-09-2014), SirBrass (05-07-2014)
Old 05-05-2014, 06:50 PM   #8
N1rve

Drives: 2019 BMW ///M4
Thanked 1,167 Times in 714 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
I see that you're double parked... LOL

Sound clip when you exhaust plox!

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
N1rve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:30 AM   #9
Buurz

Drives:
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Yeah I ordered my axle back on 4/02 and it still says awaiting fulfillment so apparently they didn't start building it yet.

I can't wait though, it'll fill out those cutouts and sound good.

If it takes a while that's fine, cause I like to support companies that produce good quality products and involve the community

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Buurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 01:31 PM   #10
Buurz

Drives:
The videos on YouTube I find to be pretty sparse and low quality if you do find them, but do their headers make the car raspy or negatively affect the sound?

I've heard the exact exhaust that I've ordered in person and I love it.

Want full exhaust, but don't want the sound to be negatively affected

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Buurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:56 PM   #11
SirBrass
Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Drives: 2019 WRX Limited (WRB)
Thanked 1,251 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive View Post
I was at the very bottom of the waiting queue when I put in my order for a catted/resonated fp/op from them. 6 weeks. That's a month and a half. When I got the email update that my order's build queue had come up, it was about a week or less till the package arrived (about 2 days after I got the email notification about it being shipped... tracked with sign-for-delivery).

They are VERY responsive to questions and will take the time to explain things. It will take a while from when you put in your order, but if you call or email to ask where things are in how long to wait till it is starting to be built, you'll get an honest answer. They don't leave you hanging.

And the wait is worth it.

If I hadn't gone with headers as well, I'd have gone with the 5" axlebacks as well. However, I needed a quieter exhaust than that. I think I went a little too quiet with the q300, but it's not so quiet that I'm going to immediately switch it out for something else. Maybe if nameless gets a 2.5" catback going (b/c I no longer have the stock midpipe, so axlebacks won't hook up to invidia's q300 midpipe) for a good price, I will. But they've said they aren't interested since straightening the stock midpipe doesn't give enough appreciable gains for it to matter, thus not worth the effort on their part. In that, I'd agree. But... it would have been nice. Oh well... *shrug*

Anyway, the point is that you're wrong. They have excellent communication with their customers. Sure they may be a bit slow on email response, but just give the shop a call during business hours and you'll get a live someone on the line (usually Ryan) who can tell you what's up with what. And their delivery times are excellent as well. It's not overnight air (that'd be way too expensive), but they use good ground delivery and it gets to you in a reasonable time for ground shipment. FedEx may not be AS good as UPS, but that doesn't mean they suck. As far as the wait time from order input to it getting built, they are a very small shop that builds to order and they have become very popular, not just with 86's, but with AWD subies, and other vehicles. To keep the chaos down and to make sure that they have the parts they need, they do things in batches. Your order is on a first-come-first-serve with respect to the batches, and if they have that batch open when you order that part, it'll go in line and you may have your part very shortly. For most of us, we have to wait for that batch to come up in the queue. It helps ensure their quality.

TL;DR version: don't bitch

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^
SirBrass is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SirBrass For This Useful Post:
cdrazic93 (05-22-2014), Ryan@Nameless (05-09-2014)
Old 05-08-2014, 03:56 AM   #12
MagicBobert

Drives: 2014 WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Just installed this exact package (Nameless FP/OP combo with high flow cat, axleback with 5" mufflers and resonator) about 2 weeks ago. I'm absolutely loving it. Build time was reasonable from order to delivery (3-4 weeks, I think) and the quality was absolutely top notch.

It's on the stock header at the moment, but I ordered an OpenFlash UEL header that will go on as soon as it arrives.

Here's a video comparison from stock to full Nameless to make the wait even harder.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGtXeoXXYC4"]BRZ Nameless Exhaust FP/OP Combo with Axleback - YouTube[/ame]

The only tricky part of the install was raising the engine a couple inches to get the clearance to get the overpipe out. We had the car on a two post lift, put a tall 2-ton jack under the front of the transmission, and dropped the car until it lifted the engine. It took several tries because the engine would only go up an inch or two before it started lifting the car off the front pads of the lift, which made me pretty uncomfortable. Eventually we got enough clearance to get the overpipe out and the new FP/OP combo pipe in, though.
MagicBobert is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MagicBobert For This Useful Post:
Ryan@Nameless (05-09-2014)
Old 05-08-2014, 04:57 AM   #13
Tainen

Drives: First SWP BRZ-L
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicBobert View Post
Just installed this exact package (Nameless FP/OP combo with high flow cat, axleback with 5" mufflers and resonator) about 2 weeks ago. I'm absolutely loving it. Build time was reasonable from order to delivery (3-4 weeks, I think) and the quality was absolutely top notch.

It's on the stock header at the moment, but I ordered an OpenFlash UEL header that will go on as soon as it arrives.

Here's a video comparison from stock to full Nameless to make the wait even harder.

The only tricky part of the install was raising the engine a couple inches to get the clearance to get the overpipe out. We had the car on a two post lift, put a tall 2-ton jack under the front of the transmission, and dropped the car until it lifted the engine. It took several tries because the engine would only go up an inch or two before it started lifting the car off the front pads of the lift, which made me pretty uncomfortable. Eventually we got enough clearance to get the overpipe out and the new FP/OP combo pipe in, though.

beautiful car.

That sounds AMAZING.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:29 PM   #14
Beeboo4life

Drives:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicBobert View Post

Wow, sound nice. Is it loud? Like the N1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beeboo4life is offline   Reply With Quote