follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 04-20-2017, 10:47 AM   #15
timmydatooth

Drives: Scion Frs
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRyderx2 View Post
You wont really "ruin" the glue that holds it. It will still look and feel the same and it will not be loose after you put it back on. If you leave the car in the sun for little while that will warm up the glue and make it easier to take off. Its not a one time use glue, it's more of a rubber/silicone type of adhesive.
cool trying this later today. thanks
timmydatooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 02:04 PM   #16
timmydatooth

So I got the rubber ebrake part off, but still for the life of me cannot get the silver button off. i double checked to see if the rod was broke and its not spinning when i turn the silver knob. Im starting to think its like permanently threaded on the rod. any suggestions?
Old 04-20-2017, 02:39 PM   #17
15limited

Drives: BRZ
Must've stripped the knob. Try puting outward pressure on it while twisting.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk
Perrin Transmission Bolt, Drift Button,Intake Tube, Radiator Hoses, Engine Mounts, Gurney Flap Diode Dynamics Always On Module OLM 3k HID Foglights GCS Smoked Side Markers Motul Gear 300/300 V OE Acantara arm rest Password JDM Dry Carbon rear diffuser Rally Armour Mud flaps H.I.C side & rear visor Gruppe-S UEL header/OP HKS Front Pipe Leg Sport Cat Back Koyorad aluminum radiator Wheelhaus CF low pro 3rd brake light Toms JDM Clear Tail Lamps
15limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 02:49 PM   #18
timmydatooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15limited View Post
Must've stripped the knob. Try puting outward pressure on it while twisting.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk
if it was stripped couldnt I just yank the thing off? is there a way I can just crush the thing with some pliers and break the button off? I just dont want to damage the thread on the rod.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:27 PM   #19
KnightRyderx2

Drives: 2014 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
You may not have spun the knob enough to the point where you can just pull it off. The knob is plastic and the rod is metal. So you can sit there and keep turning it till it is stripped enough to get it off. Or you can use something to just cut or crush the knob. Maybe a vise grip and move it back and forth or wobble it loose so it pulls off. It may take some persuasion at this point.

I'll say again make sure to take care while pulling because once it snaps off you could find your hand or the tool in the head unit or part of the dash, I'm sure you wouldn't like that.
KnightRyderx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KnightRyderx2 For This Useful Post:
timmydatooth (04-20-2017)
Old 04-20-2017, 05:38 PM   #20
timmydatooth

So I finally got it off and swapped it out for the red button. Words can't describe the feeling of finally getting that damn thing off hahaha. I'd like to thank all you guys for sticking with me through those tough times. Lol if we ever meet one day beers on me!
The Following User Says Thank You to timmydatooth For This Useful Post:
norcalpb (04-20-2017)
Old 04-20-2017, 07:08 PM   #21
KnightRyderx2

Drives: 2014 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmydatooth View Post
So I finally got it off and swapped it out for the red button. Words can't describe the feeling of finally getting that damn thing off hahaha. I'd like to thank all you guys for sticking with me through those tough times. Lol if we ever meet one day beers on me!
Cool. How did you get it off? Did you just end up spinning it till it pulled off or did you use some force and pull it off?
KnightRyderx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:45 PM   #22
timmydatooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRyderx2 View Post
Cool. How did you get it off? Did you just end up spinning it till it pulled off or did you use some force and pull it off?
Just kept spinning. But I swear and I'm not even exaggerating I must have spun this thing like at least 500 times haha. I just bought the carbon fiber e brake handle so I'm gonna have to wiggle that black rubber part off again but that was easy compared to the button