follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 06-08-2010, 09:44 PM   #1
msrobley

Drives: None
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Opinion on sideview mirrors, rear seats, steering wheel, and dash?

I like the steering wheel and the dash for the driver, but not so much the passenger. Kind of boring.

Rear seats look like they'd be hard to take and throw in a roll cage without seriously messing up the center console due to the fact that it seems as though goes from the shifter to the rear seats. Would you take out the rear seats? Why or why not? Do you like the design of them? I don't care because I would remove them.

I really like the mirrors' shape and the carbon fiber on the bottom. It badass.

Also, do you like the G-Sports more or the regular? I like the G-Sports a LOT better than the regular. Don't get me wrong, the regular is great and would still be happy if they didn't make the G-Sports and only the regular, but given the choice between the two, G-Sports comes out on top easily. I would import one if not available in America, as long as it was legally drivable, unlike the Skyline R34.

What do you think?

Last edited by msrobley; 06-08-2010 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Adding picture of G-Sports Concept
msrobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:57 PM   #2
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,051 Times in 8,326 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
My feedback, I like regular ver more. Regular ver has better chassis flow (well to me anyways). G-Sports ver is nice looking, but it has too much stuff going on. Some of the hood vents parts I get it, but I don't get the rear fender vent. It's not Mid or Rear engine, so I don't see why it needs one in that high part of the chassis.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:34 PM   #3
Midship Runabout
formerly Dixie Normous

Drives: The ladies wild!
hmmm im actually the opposite of itchitaka, there is something about the side vents I really like. But the rest of the G-sport I dont like, Especially the front bumper.

As far as rear seats it depends on if i plop a baby inside some fine lady anytime soon. If not I will probably remove them.

Mirrors are cool. They wont make it into production due to this price range they are looking for.

Dash is ugly. Front seats are ugly. IMO
Midship Runabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:10 PM   #4
msrobley

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
My feedback, I like regular ver more. Regular ver has better chassis flow (well to me anyways). G-Sports ver is nice looking, but it has too much stuff going on. Some of the hood vents parts I get it, but I don't get the rear fender vent. It's not Mid or Rear engine, so I don't see why it needs one in that high part of the chassis.
I get the hood vents as well, but that is pretty much the one thing I don't like about the G-Sports. You say the rear vent isn't needed, and I agree but think it looks badass anyway.
msrobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:59 PM   #5
Dark
Elite Padawan

Drives: '15 WRX, 15 GLA250, and 2 feet
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
I prefer a flare rear body rather than the rear vents.
Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:12 AM   #6
Franisco

Drives: D31a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
I prefer a flare rear body rather than the rear vents.
I guess it depends on how it plays into the whole body shape. The GT3 looks better with flares, but the R8 and Gallardo would look weird with a flare instead of a vent. But in this car's instance, its a FR. The vents would be nonfunctional and therefore stupid.

I thought the rear seats were really cool and different in this prototype. Though, I can see people not liking them if they're looking to strip the car. I would take 'em as a DD.

Don't really care about the mirrors, and like Dixie said they aren't going to make it to production anyway.

As far as the steering wheel goes, if they pull the bottom carbon fiber(?), make it smaller and chunkier it would be perfect.

If you look past the prototype flair of the dash, the general layout kind of reminds me of an S2000...it'll do.
Franisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:49 AM   #7
Lexicon101
Inexperienced

Drives: Crappy old '90 civic. Frankie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Normous View Post
As far as rear seats it depends on if i plop a baby inside some fine lady anytime soon. If not I will probably remove them.
Ladies love a dude whose name references his genitalia, so.. that could happen.
Lexicon101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:07 PM   #8
Franisco

Drives: D31a
Hahah
Franisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:34 PM   #9
Siriusly.Andrew

Drives: 1995 Civic DX
I really like the driver display, that is simply amazing. I'm usually not a fan of digital read outs, but that looks so awesome how can I not like it lol. I'd always take analog clusters > digital, but Im making my first exception lol.

The dash itself is ok, I like the start button / usb area -- thats a cool design. Could care less if its zipped up tight, but I think a regular looking dash would be fine. Stereo looks fine. Take some getting used to (control wise) but I think it'd work out well.

Back seat area looked neat in the concept, it'll let you drive somewhat spirited with a full car (taking the corners a little faster than normal I guess?) without your passengers getting tossed about.

I don't have much experience with different steering wheels. I mean stock vs stock I can make some notes on differences between a civic and a matrix, or what ever..but a regular wheel vs a racing wheel.... I have no idea how much different it would feel.

I like the simplicity of the regular version, I'm with Ichitaka05, I think the reg version has a nice design that flows from the front to the back seamlessly. My favorite thing on the G-Sport is the intercooler, but that doesn't mean I can't do that on my Reg model if I wanted to. The G-Sport is a race car, and I want a car -- with a little bit of race. The reg version would be fun enough for me, and with a few extra bucks you can make a few changes.
Siriusly.Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
design, g-sports, mirrors, seats, sports