follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Scion FR-S and Toyota 86

User Tag List

Old 07-23-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
brichard0625

Drives: 2013 Scion Frs(Scarlet)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My frs review and build thread(ScarletT)

So quick little review of my first thoughts of this car!
So after a long and somewhat frustrating journey to obtaining my FRS, i finally took her in july 19th. To make the long story short on why i was frustrated, i ordered my FRS from one dealer who told me car would be here in two weeks and somehow ordered a white auto instead of manual. Therefore my journey was extended and patience began to grow thin due to lack of communication from my dealer. a month and some chance later i Ended up calling another dealer who had a firestorm in stock and i just took that one instead.
Okay now to the review! Coming from a tC2(2011+ scion tC) you can already tell theres going to be smiles on my face during my review. Now comparing it to cars i have driven(350z, integra, scion tC, bmw 328xi,civic si,s2k) this car in my opinion is number 1 on my list and s2k in a close second. As soon as finished paper work and sat in my frs, i felt welcomed into the car. I am 5'8 155lbs and of course this little car fits me perfect and ive never ever felt this comfortable in my car. After setting up my shift light, setting the dash to display the gears i finally start the car up and drive off. I live in new york so roads aren't the greatest and i will say the car felt bumpy(car has 200miles on it now, and the suspension is breaking in and feels so much better now).
Now for the experience on the road i have to say i was more than satisfied. Being that i am breaking in the car and shifting when the car told me to shift i was still having fun shifting at 2500k-3000k which is this cars so called dead spot!(which i have to say doesn't bother me and i really dont even notice it, stop making big deals!). This car definetly has good power and i kept reading reviews that the car doesnt have passing power in 6th gear and i beg to differ! Coming from my tc and into this car, in 6th gear going from 60-80 is great alot better than other cars, this car actually moves when u press that gas. i did get a chance to revv her up to 5500 and this car comes alive in high rpm and for 200hp and 151tq this car might seem slow on paper but this car moves so dont be discouraged!
As for handling this car is AMAZING! making my first actually big turn in this car i was literally smiling! i've been watching reviews on this car since last year and seeing ppl smile as they give their reviews and im here like look at this douche! like hes never driven a car before. Well i guess im one too because i smiled my whole way thru the turn(in my head i was like i want to do that again!). This car stays so planted on the road and when u turn u can feel the car lock into the turn. When they say this is a drivers car...THIS IS A DRIVERS CAR, it literally responds to what u want it to do.
As for exterior and interior i think the car is beautiful and in the interior to me doesnt feel as cheap as everyone made it out to be. I've had ppl sit my car and cant believe this car only costs 25k. I even had someone ask me if they have to take their shoes off in my car because the interior looked so nice!
Pros and cons for this car.
+ Excellent handling and more agile than i thought
+ Fun no matter what rpm shift at
+ Comfortable and interior has above average finish
+ Love the shift light and gear indicator
+ Excellent mpg avg 38.5 on a 127 mile trip and after being stuck in traffic 36.1mpG
(31.7 combined currently 200miles on my trip and still more than half a tank left :-D)
- Not a fan of the rims
- Ride seems to a tad harsh but as its breaking in it feels a little better
- Does really have that rumble

Last edited by brichard0625; 07-23-2012 at 11:27 AM.
brichard0625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
brichard0625

Old 07-23-2012, 11:27 AM   #3
Neekowahhhh
Enthusiast

Drives: Crystal Black BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Love the review! Can't wait to see what you do with her
Old 07-23-2012, 11:29 AM   #4
brichard0625

just recieved my red tailights overlays yesterday in the mail and i will take pics later to show u guys what it looks like.. ordered from premiumautostyling.com