follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Scion FR-S and Toyota 86

User Tag List

Old 02-01-2013, 12:19 PM   #435
ekset

Drives: Five Axis Edition Toyota Prius
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_86 View Post
Got mines not to long ago I do have a problem with the side skirts it seems that the double stick tape is not sticking probably a cheap brand just wondering if anyone else had this problem
Hi Sith_86,

My name is Matt and I work for FIVE:AD/Five Axis. Your FR-S is looking good and thank you for the support of FIVE:AD! Regarding your concern on your side skirts, we have encountered a few instances where the installing dealership did not correctly use the supplied hardware, which includes what is called adhesion promoter, which can lead to the tape not sticking correctly.

Please do us a favor and e-mail us directly at info@fivead.net with more info. We have a way to remedy the problem. We can work with you and your dealership to get eveything buttoned up. Talk to you soon.

Thanks!
ekset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #436
Sith_86

Drives: firestorm scion fr-s
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekset View Post
Hi Sith_86,

My name is Matt and I work for FIVE:AD/Five Axis. Your FR-S is looking good and thank you for the support of FIVE:AD! Regarding your concern on your side skirts, we have encountered a few instances where the installing dealership did not correctly use the supplied hardware, which includes what is called adhesion promoter, which can lead to the tape not sticking correctly.

Please do us a favor and e-mail us directly at info@fivead.net with more info. We have a way to remedy the problem. We can work with you and your dealership to get eveything buttoned up. Talk to you soon.

Thanks!

Hey Matt thanks for the help I sent an email already so ill be looking foward to your help.
Sith_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #437
ekset

Quote:
Hey Matt thanks for the help I sent an email already so ill be looking foward to your help.
Sounds good. We will keep a lookout for your e-mail and be in-touch.

Thanks!
Old 02-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #438
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
I have a similar issue with my 5:AD kit. It was installed in the summer, promoter and adhesion strips used. The driver side rocker doesnt sit flush to the edge of the front wheel well. A blob of autoglass sealant was put underneath to help it stay down, and it was taped for days to set. You can see a few milimeters gap at the part behind the front wheel where it should sit flat on the fender as well all along the rocker from there back the adhesive is peeling open. There is dirt visable where the rocker is lifting.

I'm guessing either the rocker panel is a 1/2" too long or the vehicle has a bit of variance size tolerance which messed up the fit.

I have considered removing ther rocker and maybe putting it back with some type of spacer at the front wheel well area where the rivets go in.

It sucks feeling like I messed up an otherwise new car.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #439
ekset

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
I have a similar issue with my 5:AD kit. It was installed in the summer, promoter and adhesion strips used. The driver side rocker doesnt sit flush to the edge of the front wheel well. A blob of autoglass sealant was put underneath to help it stay down, and it was taped for days to set. You can see a few milimeters gap at the part behind the front wheel where it should sit flat on the fender as well all along the rocker from there back the adhesive is peeling open. There is dirt visable where the rocker is lifting.

I'm guessing either the rocker panel is a 1/2" too long or the vehicle has a bit of variance size tolerance which messed up the fit.

I have considered removing ther rocker and maybe putting it back with some type of spacer at the front wheel well area where the rivets go in.

It sucks feeling like I messed up an otherwise new car.
Hi wbradley,

We have also seen that there is a variance in the fitment of the stock vehicle body panels that can dictate the fitment of the side skirt. From vehicle to vehicle we have noticed that the gap between the front fender and door can vary in width, just slightly. This variance can then cause undue stress on the side skirt.

Please feel free to send us more info on your concern as well to info@fivead.net and we will do what we can to help you assess what you have encountered.

Thanks!
Old 02-01-2013, 04:51 PM   #440
86 FRS
P i N O Y P R i D E

Drives: 86 C7P MT
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
This is the front top view of the car
looks like a FiveAd Badge is missing on your side skirt. Mine it came with it. and if it was missing u can always ask @ekset or Matt about it. and send u the badge. if ur a FiveAxis Edition Vehicle u also need the Interior Bagde Five Axis Edition.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:24 PM   #441
ekset

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86 FRS View Post
looks like a FiveAd Badge is missing on your side skirt. Mine it came with it. and if it was missing u can always ask @ekset or Matt about it. and send u the badge. if ur a FiveAxis Edition Vehicle u also need the Interior Bagde Five Axis Edition.
86_FRS, good eye!

Sith_86, we will be sure to get the sideskirt badges your way. Also, if you do end up going with FIVE:AD wheels to complete the Five Axis Edition package, we will also be sure to get the Five Axis Edition interior badge sent to you as well. We did receive your e-mail as well and did reply.

Thanks!
Old 02-01-2013, 05:37 PM   #442
violentknight

Drives: scion frs , toyota celica gts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Hi Sith_86,

Thanks!
you work with f axis ? could you tell me if my dealership is bs ing me , iv been waiting over a month for my kit which still isnt here and the dealership keeps pointing the fingers at u guys, they are telling me now that u guys are re doing the molds so that the kit will fit better , is this true
thanks
violentknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #443
ekset

Quote:
Originally Posted by violentknight View Post
you work with f axis ? could you tell me if my dealership is bs ing me , iv been waiting over a month for my kit which still isnt here and the dealership keeps pointing the fingers at u guys, they are telling me now that u guys are re doing the molds so that the kit will fit better , is this true
thanks
Yes, I do work for Five Axis/FIVE:AD products. For the FIVE:AD Scion FR-S aero kit production, we did have some standard production updates that has delayed turnaround time on orders that have come in over the last month or so. We are now shipping FR-S aero kits and spoilers weekly and catching up on all outstanding orders.

Please feel free to e-mail us directly at info@fivead.net and we would be happy to answer any questions you have on your order.

Thanks!
Old 02-01-2013, 05:51 PM   #444
violentknight

Garage
Quote:
Yes, I do work for Five Axis/FIVE:AD products. For the FIVE:AD Scion FR-S aero kit production, we did have some standard production updates that has delayed turnaround time on orders that have come in over the last month or so. We are now shipping FR-S aero kits and spoilers weekly and catching up on all outstanding orders.

Please feel free to e-mail us directly at info@fivead.net and we would be happy to answer any questions you have on your order.

Thanks!
thanks that makes me feel a lil better , been feeling burnt by my dealership lately, so its nice to hear the same thing from you
Old 02-01-2013, 05:55 PM   #445
ekset

Quote:
thanks that makes me feel a lil better , been feeling burnt by my dealership lately, so its nice to hear the same thing from you
Not a problem. It sounds like your dealership has been spot on for the info they have given you. Also, from your profile it appears you are in Canada. We can say that one bulk shipment for FIVE:AD Scion FR-S aero kits and spoilers has arrived to our Canadian distribution center this week, with more arriving next week. So you should be hearing from your dealership soon.

Again, any questions, feel free to let us know by e-mailing us at info@fivead.net. And thank you for your patience as well!

Thanks!
Old 02-01-2013, 05:57 PM   #446
violentknight

Garage
Quote:
Not a problem. It sounds like your dealership has been spot on for the info they have given you. Also, from your profile it appears you are in Canada. We can say that one bulk shipment for FIVE:AD Scion FR-S aero kits and spoilers has arrived to our Canadian distribution center this week, with more arriving next week. So you should be hearing from your dealership soon.

Again, any questions, feel free to let us know by e-mailing us at info@fivead.net. And thank you for your patience as well!

Thanks!
awesome thanks for the help , yes i live near vancouver in bc
Old 02-01-2013, 06:00 PM   #447
ekset

Quote:
awesome thanks for the help , yes i live near vancouver in bc
Again, not a problem. I imagine you will be hearing word sometime next week on the status of your order. Not sure how long it does take for bulk orders to get through customs and then getting the product ready for shipment once it gets to our Canadian distribution center. Either way, it is all in motion.

Thanks!
Old 02-01-2013, 06:19 PM   #448
86 FRS
P i N O Y P R i D E

Drives: 86 C7P MT
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
86_FRS, good eye!

Sith_86, we will be sure to get the sideskirt badges your way. Also, if you do end up going with FIVE:AD wheels to complete the Five Axis Edition package, we will also be sure to get the Five Axis Edition interior badge sent to you as well. We did receive your e-mail as well and did reply.

Thanks!
thanks

hey Matt do u guys have any fivead decal stickers? just wondering tho.