follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 02-07-2014, 08:48 PM   #183
OmarGC
My FR-S has 5 gears

Drives: FRS/280z/Tundra
Thanked 1,065 Times in 572 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Lol 93

2JZ - 6870 - stock block - 1000whp?

Instagram: 2jzus
OmarGC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OmarGC For This Useful Post:
Calum (02-07-2014), PRORICAN (02-07-2014)
Old 02-07-2014, 08:52 PM   #184
PRORICAN

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@DeliciousTuning's magic!
PRORICAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:54 PM   #185
Zach3794

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S, Raven, Manual
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Grabbed a Kraftwerks kit tonight....installing tomorrow. Next Saturday I will be working with @Delicious Tuning using Infamous Performance's dyno to perfect the base tune. This was mentioned earlier in the thread by Bill to be done for all current owners by the end of this month. I will keep you all updated with the progress being made on the tuning front, and hopefully be able to provide a detailed photo log of the install.

Cheers

Zach
Zach3794 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zach3794 For This Useful Post:
digital_assassin (02-09-2014), kombatlion (02-10-2014), PRORICAN (02-07-2014)
Old 02-09-2014, 03:50 AM   #186
Zach3794

Little update...after a long day of drinks and car stuff...the kit is installed! Couple of mishaps, first of which was that not all the hoses for the transmission cooler were provided, and that the crankcase breather extension hose was missing entirely as well. Perhaps the biggest fail was the absence of the MAP sensor that was supposed to be included. Nevertheless, I got everything I needed in quick time (it uses a honda accord map sensor), loaded up the Delicious Tuning basemap, and took her for a spin. With all aids on, in a straight line, she will gladly break loose if pushed. Very fun to drive, and we will see what further tuning next Saturday brings!

-Zach
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zach3794 For This Useful Post:
digital_assassin (02-09-2014), Freeman (02-09-2014), normancw (02-09-2014), PRORICAN (02-09-2014)
Old 02-09-2014, 12:33 PM   #187
mit_peid
Boosted Noob

Drives: '13 FRS MT KW SC, '05 4Runner 4WD
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach3794 View Post
Little update...after a long day of drinks and car stuff...the kit is installed! Couple of mishaps, first of which was that not all the hoses for the transmission cooler were provided, and that the crankcase breather extension hose was missing entirely as well. Perhaps the biggest fail was the absence of the MAP sensor that was supposed to be included. Nevertheless, I got everything I needed in quick time (it uses a honda accord map sensor), loaded up the Delicious Tuning basemap, and took her for a spin. With all aids on, in a straight line, she will gladly break loose if pushed. Very fun to drive, and we will see what further tuning next Saturday brings!

-Zach

Of the S/C kits out there I'm most intrigued by the Kraftwerks kit, but this write-up gave me the impression that KW does not care enough to get simple things right (ie complete part list). If simple QA like this is missed, makes me question about quality of everything else. Seems unacceptable for a $5k kit.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:37 PM   #188
Zach3794

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. As I'm testing for @Delicious Tuning, I highly doubt this was a kit that you'd order from a normal vendor. Not a typical scenario. In any case, the quality of all the parts is really extremely nice. The MAP sensor I'm sure was either an honest oversight or perhaps something that just wasn't going to be included in this test kit, and a $5 hose really doesn't bother me. I'm going to drive it around a bit today and see what else I can come up with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.delicioustuning.com/node/209
Kraftwerks Supercharged
Old 02-09-2014, 06:25 PM   #189
Zach3794

Gotta say....being able to spin the wheels through the first three gears is quite the experience. And I mean spin, not chirp. One other thing I noticed is that the middle intercooler pipe on the cold side (passenger) was not a good fit for me. It did not reach properly at first and actually ended up blowing the pipe off. My good friend who helped me install this kit happened to have a much beefier and better sized coupler from his EVO that ended up doing the job at the end. If a couple hoses, cheap sensor, and one bad coupler were all that needed to be done to boost this car...I'm extremely satisfied.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:51 PM   #190
utekineir
blowhard

Drives: frs, project forester
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:

-Zach
Just put on my kit today.

I think I got your map sensor, I did not get extra hose though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mit_peid View Post
Of the S/C kits out there I'm most intrigued by the Kraftwerks kit, but this write-up gave me the impression that KW does not care enough to get simple things right (ie complete part list). If simple QA like this is missed, makes me question about quality of everything else. Seems unacceptable for a $5k kit.

My kit had everything, my only real complaint is that the oil loop instructions could have been better.

That and finishing up. Opening the ecutek Box and finding a piece of paper that says email during business hours for basemap is a bit of a downer.

Other than that the most trouble I had was with the bumper. Which is no fault of kW.
utekineir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:04 PM   #191
PRORICAN

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Whoever is boxing these kits up needs to put the beer down! Lol
PRORICAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PRORICAN For This Useful Post:
cobrabyte (02-10-2014), OmarGC (02-09-2014), Ralph Spoilsport (02-09-2014)
Old 02-09-2014, 11:18 PM   #192
Zach3794

Quote:
Originally Posted by utekineir View Post
Just put on my kit today.

I think I got your map sensor, I did not get extra hose though.

My kit had everything, my only real complaint is that the oil loop instructions could have been better.

That and finishing up. Opening the ecutek Box and finding a piece of paper that says email during business hours for basemap is a bit of a downer.

Other than that the most trouble I had was with the bumper. Which is no fault of kW.

Oil routing instructions were definitely sub par. Neither of us got the crankcase extension hose clearly. Did you get two map sensors? lol

And yes, the bumper is a bitch. Mine does not fit flush...we got done around 1am and I was not about to fiddle with it to try and make it fit perfectly. Any words of advice for when I decide to tackle it again later this week?
Old 02-09-2014, 11:20 PM   #193
Zach3794

Oh and here's a little pointer for you guys. The place they ask you to mount the oil filter is pretty lame, but I have a better way if you wanna buy about $10 worth of same size hosing. On the left side (passenger) of the big mounting bracket are two extra holes from where the pre production kit had the oil reservoir mounted. I decided to mount the oil filter there to avoid a lot of unnecessary ass backwards hose routing. Less bends and kinks, much more straight forward. I'll take a photo soon.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:41 PM   #194
utekineir
blowhard

Quote:
Oil routing instructions were definitely sub par. Neither of us got the crankcase extension hose clearly. Did you get two map sensors? lol

And yes, the bumper is a bitch. Mine does not fit flush...we got done around 1am and I was not about to fiddle with it to try and make it fit perfectly. Any words of advice for when I decide to tackle it again later this week?
Yup 2 map sensors in my box,

did you remove the 2 shrouds from the sides of the grill before putting the bumper back on? i didn't notice that had to be done till the bumper was hanging by the directionals which kinda sucked.

going to pull it again tomorrow, need to rotate the screw of the ic couplers out of the way of grill, think thats the 1/2' i'm lacking atm.

the filter took me awhile to position with smooth routing still not really happy with the location, but it should be workable.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:54 PM   #195
Zach3794

Yeah you definitely got my map sensor lol.

And yes, the 2 factory shrouds for directing air to the radiator had to be removed so the bumper would go back on at all. And yeah, mine definitely needs to be pulled again when I'm feeling motivated so that I can make space to have it align properly.

Where did you mount your filter? The place they recommend, by the factory intake bracket, is a terrible location. My place works much better. I'll go take a picture right now.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:58 PM   #196
utekineir
blowhard

i mounted at the suggested location but spent about 10 minutes fiddling with different positioning before finding something acceptable since the instructions just said use the hole but not which way to stick things