follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 03-12-2014, 09:41 AM   #1
JayDee

Drives: 2013 White BRZ / 2014 White GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smoke and burning rubber smell

I know this is stupid!

So my BRZ was in the shop and my brother gave me his 2010 Bmw 535i for 2 days. I was bored and decided turn traction off and pull some drifts, then I started smelling burnt rubber smell, and saw a bit of smoke coming out of the hood. Its got 140,000km on it (I know I sudn't be messing with it). Then I just parked the car in the drive way and left it there. Hopefully tomorrow morning it will be better.

Do you think its going to get better? Did I burn the clutch? What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance!
JayDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:51 AM   #2
STV3
Señor Member

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 1,322 Times in 645 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
So you were drifting a car and are now wondering why you smell burnt rubber and see smoke?........
STV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:08 AM   #3
Kimsey47

Drives: 2016 STI DGM
Thanked 1,460 Times in 662 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Four things:

1. Is your BRZ in the shop for multiple days because you hooned it as well?
2. Does your brother use the Internet? Because you just posted something that post your being guilty for the issue forever...
3. Would you have appreciated it if your brother did that in your car and just left it without any notification/apology/offer to fix it?
4. Are you a troll and am I feeding you?
Old 03-12-2014, 12:12 PM   #4
sshole
Banned

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
BMWs have organic, free range, self-healing clutches. Leave it alone for at least 2 weeks for the clutch to grow back to original spec.

In the mean time, to get rid of the burning rubber smell, you should spray the interior of your vehicle with arsenic and cyanide. It is toxic, but if you can smell it burning your nostril hairs, that means it's working to rid the interior of the rubber smell.

Hope this helps.
sshole is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sshole For This Useful Post:
OrbitalEllipses (03-12-2014), sklimo (03-13-2014)
Old 03-12-2014, 08:10 PM   #5
JayDee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimsey47 View Post
Four things:

1. Is your BRZ in the shop for multiple days because you hooned it as well?
2. Does your brother use the Internet? Because you just posted something that post your being guilty for the issue forever...
3. Would you have appreciated it if your brother did that in your car and just left it without any notification/apology/offer to fix it?
4. Are you a troll and am I feeding you?
@Kimsey47
No, I'm not a fucking troll. I already said this was stupid and I shouldn't of been messing with it. and plus I apologized in advance. Im just seeking for advice if I made any permanent damages to car, so I can fix it. And I didn't just "left it", I said left it on "MY" driveway, so I can go inside and gather some information because it was late at night. I read on other forums that I've just burnt the clutch and it's fine, the smell will go away. But I was just making sure. Plus, I gave my younger brother my 535i when I got my c63 as a sweet 16 gift. I don't care if he sees this, even if he did this, I will be paying for it anyway. So don't judge when you don't know shit. I was just hoping to get some advice.

Edit: @sshole.
And yes, the smell did go away, I went to the repair shop the next day and they said everything was fine and I probably just burnt the clutch. Thnks for all the sarcasm......

Last edited by JayDee; 03-13-2014 at 10:54 AM.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:52 AM   #6
JayDee

Quote:
Originally Posted by STV3 View Post
So you were drifting a car and are now wondering why you smell burnt rubber and see smoke?........
Haha! now that I looked at my post again, it sounded kinda stupid, but hey I did say the "engine" was smoking LOL
Old 03-13-2014, 02:29 PM   #7
Kimsey47

Drives: 2016 STI DGM
Thanked 1,460 Times in 662 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee View Post
@Kimsey47
No, I'm not a fucking troll. I already said this was stupid and I shouldn't of been messing with it. and plus I apologized in advance. Im just seeking for advice if I made any permanent damages to car, so I can fix it. And I didn't just "left it", I said left it on "MY" driveway, so I can go inside and gather some information because it was late at night. I read on other forums that I've just burnt the clutch and it's fine, the smell will go away. But I was just making sure. Plus, I gave my younger brother my 535i when I got my c63 as a sweet 16 gift. I don't care if he sees this, even if he did this, I will be paying for it anyway. So don't judge when you don't know shit. I was just hoping to get some advice.

Edit: @sshole.
And yes, the smell did go away, I went to the repair shop the next day and they said everything was fine and I probably just burnt the clutch. Thnks for all the sarcasm......

I wasn't judging because your question seemed to obviouslyanswer itself, and also display that you’re very inconsiderate outside of yourown self concern. I also really had no intention of being insulting but wasactually wondering if this was some kind of smart ass trolling post. So you gotreally mad and are cursing for no reason...

As someone who's had to work hard to obtain the items I ownit sounds like you were a irresponsible jerk (brother or no brother) to someoneelse's property... Now after reading about your comments regarding nothing todo with the situation in where you’ve owned c63's and 535i's for “sweet 16s” you'veverified yourself as a completely spoiled millennial who has everything handedto them.

Since you want everything handed to you, here is some advice:

1. Don’t ask stupid questions if you don’t want stupidanswers.

2. Treat others like you want to be treated.

3. “Sweet 16’s” are for girls.

4. Grow up because if you carry your attitudeoutside of the Internet you’ll probably get hurt

5. This is all the attention I'm going to direct your way so don't waste your time replying to me.

Kimsey47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kimsey47 For This Useful Post:
chrisl (03-13-2014), diss7 (03-15-2014), sshole (03-18-2014)
Old 03-15-2014, 10:25 PM   #8
diss7
Banned

Drives: AE86, 2x GT86, TE27
Thanked 1,179 Times in 522 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
"Let's ban people like jamesm, but leave people like this"
diss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to diss7 For This Useful Post:
sshole (03-18-2014)

Tags