follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > New England

New England MA, ME, NH, RI, VT

User Tag List

Old 05-16-2016, 03:42 PM   #1
Timmy_Jones
Spun

Drives: 17' Focus RS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone been in touch with AJW Performance?

I absolutely cannot get in touch with them. Its been 3.5 weeks since I paid for a Vortech SC kit and they cannot provide an update other than, 'we will call you back'.

The thing that really gets me; they update their social media a few times a day, but someone who spent over$4k in parts, they can't return a call or email?

Been to their shop before and had nothing but a great experience.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105848
Timmy_Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 03:45 PM   #2
ZionsWrath
Thanks

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 3,100 Times in 1,498 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Cancel your order?

There are a ton of shops to drop that coin with. There is limited competition on price, they should be winning you over with customer service.
Old 05-16-2016, 03:49 PM   #3
Timmy_Jones
Spun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZionsWrath View Post
Cancel your order?

There are a ton of shops to drop that coin with. There is limited competition on price, they should be winning you over with customer service.
Re-assuring to not think I am crazy here. The very last bit of info I got (two weeks ago) was from one of their customer reps...he said, 'Vortech is waiting on tabs for the shipping box'. Now I cannot get back to him, after he promised an immediate follow up.

Thanks, hopefully I can find another shop around me. Last time I was at @AJW Performance they were great, couldn't have been happier.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:54 AM   #4
Timmy_Jones
Spun

Folks, let me leave some of the facts surrounding this issue and let everyone form their own opinion.

December 2015; sent an email to them, more of a feeler asking for their thoughts on the Edelbrock kit for the FRS, they replied promptly saying they would look into it
January 2016; no word back yet…not an issue, still too cold to drive the car
February; I reach out and ask for an update, few days go by and I was assured that someone would get back me. They eventually do. Jorel steps in and offers to help.
March; we email back and forth a few times, early in the month and decide that Vortech is the best route for me. So I ask for an estimate with some other small exhaust parts.
April; it has been a month, no contact. Several emails sent, and I get nothing back. I call and speak with Meryl, she is extremely helpful, once I explain to her that Jorel hasn’t responded to emails in about a month now. She offers to help, and I call her the next day to order the Vortech kit. I am re-assured that I will be kept up to date on the status of the order and she hopes it will arrive by the beginning of May. We speak April 15th and place the order for the kit. Then, as Andrew said above…I emailed him last at the end of April. Zero contact just asking for an update on the order. I call the first few weeks of May…nothing. Finally got Andrew in the office last week, he directs my call to Jorel, who promises an update the next day, from Vortech. Jorel, then doesn’t call me again, until a few hours after this thread is created. Unfortunately, it took creating this thread to get in touch with them.

All while this was going on, their Facebook is updated nearly every day, multiple times on most days.

I have since called again (no answer) and then later on asking for a refund for the kit.
Old 05-17-2016, 09:16 AM   #5
[YOYO]
Amazing Member

Drives: 2014 Whiteout FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy_Jones View Post
Folks, let me leave some of the facts surrounding this issue and let everyone form their own opinion.

December 2015; sent an email to them, more of a feeler asking for their thoughts on the Edelbrock kit for the FRS, they replied promptly saying they would look into it
January 2016; no word back yet…not an issue, still too cold to drive the car
February; I reach out and ask for an update, few days go by and I was assured that someone would get back me. They eventually do. Jorel steps in and offers to help.
March; we email back and forth a few times, early in the month and decide that Vortech is the best route for me. So I ask for an estimate with some other small exhaust parts.
April; it has been a month, no contact. Several emails sent, and I get nothing back. I call and speak with Meryl, she is extremely helpful, once I explain to her that Jorel hasn’t responded to emails in about a month now. She offers to help, and I call her the next day to order the Vortech kit. I am re-assured that I will be kept up to date on the status of the order and she hopes it will arrive by the beginning of May. We speak April 15th and place the order for the kit. Then, as Andrew said above…I emailed him last at the end of April. Zero contact just asking for an update on the order. I call the first few weeks of May…nothing. Finally got Andrew in the office last week, he directs my call to Jorel, who promises an update the next day, from Vortech. Jorel, then doesn’t call me again, until a few hours after this thread is created. Unfortunately, it took creating this thread to get in touch with them.

All while this was going on, their Facebook is updated nearly every day, multiple times on most days.

I have since called again (no answer) and then later on asking for a refund for the kit.
Too many shops like this always make me very weary when buying parts. Fortunately, there are great shops with amazing customer service out there. Get your money back and go somewhere else. No point dealing with a bunch of jokers
Timmy_Jones (05-17-2016)
Old 05-17-2016, 01:49 PM   #6
Timmy_Jones
Spun

Not sure how, but they 'found' my vendor review and finally got in touch! The power of the forum worked. Hope to have everything straightened out with them here shortly. All I asked for was a refund and a receipt.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...58#post2654958
Old 05-19-2016, 08:27 AM   #7
Timmy_Jones
Spun

Money was refunded today. AJW was quite responsive, once this thread was created.
The Following User Says Thank You to Timmy_Jones For This Useful Post:
TheMaummar (05-19-2016)
Old 05-19-2016, 11:26 AM   #8
TheMaummar

Drives: GT 86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy_Jones View Post
Money was refunded today. AJW was quite responsive, once this thread was created.
Gotta love the internet age! You dink around with people and Google will show you suck till the end of time! haha
Glad you got your money back.
TheMaummar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMaummar For This Useful Post:
Timmy_Jones (05-19-2016)