follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 02-11-2014, 09:01 AM   #15
7thgear
i'm sorry, what?

Drives: Canada
Location: I rock a beat harder than you can beat it with rocks
Thanked 2,506 Times in 1,268 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
so much sketch in this thread
Old 02-11-2014, 09:39 AM   #16
7thgear
i'm sorry, what?

Drives: Canada
Location: I rock a beat harder than you can beat it with rocks
Thanked 2,506 Times in 1,268 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Because i’m a bored asshole:

I have over 100 miles on both the coilovers and the catback.
Better: I have driven over 100 miles with the coilovers and catback installed.

The suspension feels stiff but it is not overwhelming, everything feels just right.
??How can you have overwhelming suspension.?? Better would be: The suspension is a touch on the stiff side but firm overall.

I have taken some corners near my house at about 60 with ease,
What kind of “corners”? Sweepers, 90-degree turns? Also what is 60, mph or kph? This is important.

the rear end seems to push itself through turns alot more agressively while still retaining traction and staying planted on all 4's.
“ALOT” IS NOT A WORD
So is your rear end pushing out or are you planted?

There is little to no sway anymore like there was with the factory struts.
Hyperbole.

The car stays completely upright during fast turns and cornering.
This is physically impossible.

Everything feels tighter and more rigid.
Better: tight and rigid… but you already said that in the beginning.

The front end doesnt seem to dive at all anymore during braking thanks to it being lower to the ground.
Incorrect assumption of cause and effect.

I am beyond pleased with both the right comfort and the peformance balance.
What is beyond pleased, can you describe it?

The new look doesnt hurt either.
If looks could kill.

Compared to the stock ride quality and comfort levels, the only difference Ive noticed is the obvious "bounce" the streets in my area are full of dips pot holes and wavy streets and the comfort level feels a lot like it did with the factory struts its almost like nothing even changed... that is until you turn that steering wheel.
Mr.Comma has drowned in his own tears from being neglected.

Everything feels completely perfect.
Redunant.

I am beyond impressed with this set of coilovers.
You’re certainly beyond a lot of things.

You can tell that they really did there research and did not rush the designing process on these.
You can tell that, really?

Everything is built right and is perfect for this vehicle. This is money well spent, and I am very happy with my decision..
That’s amazing.

So onto the catback. The car sounds amazing now.
Also amazing.

Through each shift you get that nice kick,
Your exhaust has little to do with whether you get a kick, this ain’t turbo boost.

letting the rpms drop going into a lower gear from a higher rpm range you get that nice putter and pop.
Not actually a good thing.

Performance wise you can definitely feel a slight power gain like the car can breathe better and now its ready to show you what it can do.
GAME FACE.

Its like the stock muffler was a gas mask restricting the car and now that its off and it can breathe its in better physical shape then it every will be.
Been a long time since I heard anyone use a gas mask as a metaphor for anything.

It produces a nice deep muffle and purrs like a big cat.
As opposed to a small cat?

Starting it up, it's pretty loud it quites down as it warms up.
Kinda like all cars.

From initially starting it to being warmed up it cuts the volume in half,
So precise.

but driving it it gets alot louder especially if you get on it I usually rev limit around 5000 rpm to get those nice fast shifts and really get to hear the exhaust.
I didn’t know this about exhausts.

I dont think that I should ever have a problem with the police,
CUZ YOUSA BUSTA

but if I ever spot one I do plan on trying to drive it quiet.
BUSTA

Basically I am thrilled with my new parts. I already have the racing ball joints I am just waiting for the front and rear control arms to be released by Buddy Club to install them. I also plan on getting the borla UEl header and injen air intake.
Balla holla

I would like to hear your opinions. I also would like to know if anyone has taken there car in anywhere to get the suspension adjusted and tuned professionally? My car now has camber front and back and must have a toe increase Im not sure how to exactly go about adjusting everything so that it is even all around. Thank you for reading my post I will update as I go. I apologize for my lack of photos I also plan on making a video for the catback.
My opinion: Learn to compact your thoughts, avoid generic hyperbole and any information that would generally already be known to your audience.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:40 PM   #17
boredom.is.me
Custom User Title

Drives: Asphalt FR-S MT
Thanked 1,182 Times in 697 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Is there any shock travel left?

@7thgear - I wasn't reading that otherwise. I also agree with every point.

Tags
buddy club, buddy club racing, buddy club usa, death to commas, mad typing skills yo, review, stanced