follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 04-29-2013, 10:32 PM   #771
jarviz

Drives: Raven FRS MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
shaddup everybody... knicks all the way!
jarviz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jarviz For This Useful Post:
M-17 (04-30-2013)
Old 04-30-2013, 07:59 AM   #772
2forme

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,552 Times in 843 Posts
Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelbyat07 View Post
That's something my friend's ex gf would say. Good thing he got rid of her...
I was speaking solely in the context of the NBA. I don't wear a tinfoil hat. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post
Certain games are swayed one way or another based on "awesome" officiating, betting interests and several other stuff, yes....

But to say the team who wins the championship is 100% of the time manipulated... Don't believe the hype

In 2011, the league suffered a huge loss when it was unable to properly manipulate the outcome and convince Dallas to let Miami win.... Or, they convinced the the Heat this was the right thing to do.

After all, Stern loves Mark Cuban and could not resist the urge to see him raise a championship banner.... Lololol.
Do I think it's 100%, no. Do I think there are briefings before each game enlightening the officiating as to what the NBA's best interest would be. Yes. Does it constantly affect games? Absolutely. Why do you think there is no accountability on behalf of the NBA? Dwayne Wade can break a guys elbow or nose or drop kick someone and get a slap on the wrist (or a foul called on the other player), because he's part of the leagues image. The players know it, and take advantage of it...

Look at last year's ECF. That's all you need. lol. The NBA sells an image, not a game. They NEED superstars or no one would tune in. The sad reality is that a majority of superstars today are manufactured... your LeBron James is a perfect example. Imagine his stats if he was treated like a regular bench player by officiating. The day of people using raw talent to obtain stardom is over. The Tim Duncans and Kevin Garnetts of the world are getting too old.

I would read the book published by that referee who came out with all the dirty laundry of the NBA. While I don't believe it's 100% true, it does bring a lot to light as to how professional sports can be influenced for profit.
2forme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 2forme For This Useful Post:
M-17 (04-30-2013)
Old 04-30-2013, 09:07 AM   #773
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,343 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forme View Post

Look at last year's ECF. That's all you need. lol. The NBA sells an image, not a game. They NEED superstars or no one would tune in. The sad reality is that a majority of superstars today are manufactured... your LeBron James is a perfect example. Imagine his stats if he was treated like a regular bench player by officiating. The day of people using raw talent to obtain stardom is over. The Tim Duncans and Kevin Garnetts of the world are getting too old.

I would read the book published by that referee who came out with all the dirty laundry of the NBA. While I don't believe it's 100% true, it does bring a lot to light as to how professional sports can be influenced for profit.
Yeah, LeBron has no talent. It's all because the refs give him everything. The argument is so stupid when the guy is hitting 60-70-80-90% of his field goals. What happens then? The league gives him a special rim seeking ball?

Game 6 ECF really ???? The refs gave him the game? He didn't score something like over 60% Fg? How were the refs pushing the ball through the basket? You honestly think that? Give me a break.....

Oh and by those same Wade standards, it has happened the other way around too. You just look at one side of it.

I don't want to say they are never favored in any call. Of course they are given calls but it's so over used the whole "stars get every call". You can watch a game between the bobcats and the cavaliers impartially and you will notice refs are humans and they miss calls.

With Jordan it was that the league kept wanting him to him because he made them money. Then how do you explain the Spurs winning 4 titles? The league does not benefit at all from that. Small market boring team.

What about the Pistons Spurs finals? Another instance where the league had no benefit in it happening... But it happened.

Everytime a superstar wins it's because the league wants him???? How stupid is that???

Let me tell you a little story. I loved KG before in Minnesota, loved him first year with the Celtics and was happy for him he got his championship. After that, he's become a bullying punk. There is a lot of bad blood between Celtics and Heat, and in a huge part it's because of punk plays by Garnett.

Wade is no saint, he has done some stupid shit too. But he's not exempt or alone in it. Last year he got smacked by Hansbrough and the league did not do a thing. But you don't ser that because the Heat in your view are favored in every way.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by Sportsguy83; 04-30-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sportsguy83 For This Useful Post:
M-17 (04-30-2013)
Old 04-30-2013, 09:15 AM   #774
JDMenrique
DEEEERP

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Garage
ECF Game 6. LeBron went full retard in a performance I'll probably never see again. And if you REALLY want to see influenced refereeing see the 2011 NBA Finals. Shit was a joke.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:23 AM   #775
Snoopyalien24
Mr. Sarcasm

Drives: 2016 VW Jetta TSI Sport 5-Speed
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMenrique View Post
ECF Game 6. LeBron went full retard in a performance I'll probably never see again. And if you REALLY want to see influenced refereeing see the 2011 NBA Finals. Shit was a joke.
Wait you're from MA and you like the Heat? Heck, you like LeBron?

Props for sports!
Snoopyalien24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:27 AM   #776
Snoopyalien24
Mr. Sarcasm

Drives: 2016 VW Jetta TSI Sport 5-Speed
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
I was speaking solely in the context of the NBA. I don't wear a tinfoil hat. LOL

Do I think it's 100%, no. Do I think there are briefings before each game enlightening the officiating as to what the NBA's best interest would be. Yes. Does it constantly affect games? Absolutely. Why do you think there is no accountability on behalf of the NBA? Dwayne Wade can break a guys elbow or nose or drop kick someone and get a slap on the wrist (or a foul called on the other player), because he's part of the leagues image. The players know it, and take advantage of it...

Didn't know setting records was "manufactured"..

4 games Inna row with 30+pts and 60FG% RIGGHHT

By those standards, it was all started by Jordan anyways - having star treatment. BTW I guess you didn't watch the Olympics where it is ruled by the NBA and Stern is the Olympics Director and all the refs are David Stern..

Please
Snoopyalien24 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Snoopyalien24 For This Useful Post:
M-17 (04-30-2013)
Old 04-30-2013, 10:16 AM   #777
2forme

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopyalien24 View Post
Didn't know setting records was "manufactured"..

4 games Inna row with 30+pts and 60FG% RIGGHHT

By those standards, it was all started by Jordan anyways - having star treatment. BTW I guess you didn't watch the Olympics where it is ruled by the NBA and Stern is the Olympics Director and all the refs are David Stern..

Please
lol yea. Rather easy when you're allowed to play differently than other players.

Consider this, Jordan currently has 6 years on LeBron, career wise. Yet there is a discrepancy of < 1000 free throw attempts between them. Oh and LeBron averages just under 800 FTA per year.

24% of LeBron's career point total, came off the free throw line. 15.8% of Larry Birds career point total, came off the free throw line. 17.6% of Kareem Abdul Jabaar's career point total, came off the free throw line. Basketball shouldn't be played at the free point line. Plain and simple.

Dude has talent, but he's not as good as the NBA makes him out to be. Hell, I'd put Kobe above LeBron, talent wise.

Quote:
Yeah, LeBron has no talent. It's all because the refs give him everything. The argument is so stupid when the guy is hitting 60-70-80-90% of his field goals. What happens then? The league gives him a special rim seeking ball?

Game 6 ECF really ???? The refs gave him the game? He didn't score something like over 60% Fg? How were the refs pushing the ball through the basket? You honestly think that? Give me a break.....

Oh and by those same Wade standards, it has happened the other way around too. You just look at one side of it.

I don't want to say they are never favored in any call. Of course they are given calls but it's so over used the whole "stars get every call". You can watch a game between the bobcats and the cavaliers impartially and you will notice refs are humans and they miss calls.

With Jordan it was that the league kept wanting him to him because he made them money. Then how do you explain the Spurs winning 4 titles? The league does not benefit at all from that. Small market boring team.

What about the Pistons Spurs finals? Another instance where the league had no benefit in it happening... But it happened.

Everytime a superstar wins it's because the league wants him???? How stupid is that???

Let me tell you a little story. I loved KG before in Minnesota, loved him first year with the Celtics and was happy for him he got his championship. After that, he's become a bullying punk. There is a lot of bad blood between Celtics and Heat, and in a huge part it's because of punk plays by Garnett.

Wade is no saint, he has done some stupid shit too. But he's not exempt or alone in it. Last year he got smacked by Hansbrough and the league did not do a thing. But you don't ser that because the Heat in your view are favored in every way.

Statistics don't lie man. The age where people had to score points without help is over. A quarter of LeBrons points are made in a relaxed stationary free shot.

Not saying he doesn't have talent. Just saying it's blown out of proportion. That and he's barely got any mental toughness.

If you'd like me to post the fouls for and against for your beloved Miami Heat, I'd be more than happy to. Tis not I who is turning a blind eye. I love the flopping rule too, if only it would actually be enforced on stars.

Last edited by 2forme; 04-30-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:35 AM   #778
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Garage
Quote:

Statistics don't lie man. The age where people had to score points without help is over. A quarter of LeBrons points are made in a relaxed stationary free shot.

Not saying he doesn't have talent. Just saying it's blown out of proportion. That and he's barely got any mental toughness.

If you'd like me to post the fouls for and against for your beloved Miami Heat, I'd be more than happy to. Tis not I who is turning a blind eye. I love the flopping rule too, if only it would actually be enforced on stars.
So the guy relentlessly attacks the basket and is not fouled often, really??

Oh and if statistics don't lie, how are his shots going in? Almost 56% FG for a season and 40% from three?? He's plenty talented.

He was not mental tough before I'll completely give you that. But he has grown and changed. His game is as complete a game as there has ever been.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:40 AM   #779
2forme

Garage
Quote:
So the guy relentlessly attacks the basket and is not fouled often, really??

Oh and if statistics don't lie, how are his shots going in? Almost 56% FG for a season and 40% from three?? He's plenty talented.

He was not mental tough before I'll completely give you that. But he has grown and changed. His game is as complete a game as there has ever been.
I think you're drinking the kool aid too much. He only has a "complete" game because he's allowed to. He gets away with much more than your average player who's TRYING to play better. The leniency seems to somehow relate to how profitable a player is off the court

He's not the only one. You see a big jump in FTA's under the current Stern Gestapo than prior. Not to mention the greats of yesteryear had to earn their keep with less fouls...and they still put up better numbers.

LeBron is great, but no where near the greatest.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:45 AM   #780
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Garage
Quote:
lol yea. Rather easy when you're allowed to play differently than other players.

Consider this, Jordan currently has 6 years on LeBron, career wise. Yet there is a discrepancy of < 1000 free throw attempts between them. Oh and LeBron averages just under 800 FTA per year.
800 Ft a year?? ONLY One season over 800,

Real average, 662 per season

Last three years?

All while anyone and everyone can agree he has gotten better every year. Again, its all about the free throws... really??
Old 04-30-2013, 12:29 PM   #781
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Garage
Quote:
800 Ft a year?? ONLY One season over 800,

Real average, 662 per season

Last three years?

All while anyone and everyone can agree he has gotten better every year. Again, its all about the free throws... really??

The whole discussion is pointless as we will never reach an agreement. I'll agree to disagree.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:35 PM   #782
WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,561 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
i don't know basketball...but my city is feening to get back into the NBA for a long time, ...i feel really sad and mad about not getting the Kings to become the Sonics even if i really don't care that much. Also, F*ck David Stern.........

>Random Basketball Rant Over
Old 04-30-2013, 12:38 PM   #783
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage

Oh boy... what did I miss?

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M-17 For This Useful Post:
2forme (04-30-2013), Snoopyalien24 (05-01-2013), Sportsguy83 (04-30-2013)
Old 04-30-2013, 01:15 PM   #784
JDMenrique
DEEEERP

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopyalien24 View Post
Wait you're from MA and you like the Heat? Heck, you like LeBron?

Props for sports!

Born and raised in the county of DADE!!

Tags
nbasux