follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List
MisterSheep

Old 01-07-2016, 11:08 AM   #211
KslayFRZ

Drives: 2013 Frs asphalt
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I've been running it for over 50k. Currently at 75000 miles

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
KslayFRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:12 AM   #212
NyC Zn6

Drives: 10 Series #974 6m/t
Thanked 1,141 Times in 669 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
i am a noob when it comes to stuff like this. Can someone show me how to do this to my current tune?
NyC Zn6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 01:02 PM   #213
_gt86_user
Inactive

Drives: .
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyC Zn6 View Post
i am a noob when it comes to stuff like this. Can someone show me how to do this to my current tune?
Super easy, just open one of the screenshots and copy the blue highlighted lines in the designated area. Only change Base Timing table B in the lowest load range. Like others for me the novelty wore off very quickly I only ran it to see flames once then back to my original tune.
_gt86_user is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to _gt86_user For This Useful Post:
NyC Zn6 (01-07-2016)
Old 01-07-2016, 01:52 PM   #214
NyC Zn6

Drives: 10 Series #974 6m/t
Thanked 1,141 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _gt86_user View Post
Super easy, just open one of the screenshots and copy the blue highlighted lines in the designated area. Only change Base Timing table B in the lowest load range. Like others for me the novelty wore off very quickly I only ran it to see flames once then back to my original tune.
thanks bro i appreciate it
NyC Zn6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 02:07 PM   #215
_gt86_user
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyC Zn6 View Post
thanks bro i appreciate it
No problem! Have fun with it!
Old 01-07-2016, 03:43 PM   #216

Drives: 2014 86 GTS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I may be entirely wrong in this assumption but doesn't the cam advance/retand get controlled through oil pressure? If so does the large advance delta from -10 to 40 or so request more oil and potentially reduce oil flow in more critical areas? As far as I understand in this car, oil flow splits and simultaneously takes care of cams and bearings so that could make it have a larger impact?

That's the biggest concern of mine in terms of engine safety, oh and the possibility if more fuel dilution

Just stirring the pot to spark good discussions
504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 08:13 PM   #217
_gt86_user
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504 View Post
I may be entirely wrong in this assumption but doesn't the cam advance/retand get controlled through oil pressure? If so does the large advance delta from -10 to 40 or so request more oil and potentially reduce oil flow in more critical areas? As far as I understand in this car, oil flow splits and simultaneously takes care of cams and bearings so that could make it have a larger impact?

That's the biggest concern of mine in terms of engine safety, oh and the possibility if more fuel dilution

Probably, which is why I only tried it and went back to normal within a day. Lol.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:19 PM   #218
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 504 View Post

q

your altering ignition timing not cam timing to achieve the pops
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
504 (01-08-2016), DustinS (01-08-2016), FRSBRZGT86FAN (01-08-2016)
Old 01-08-2016, 01:57 PM   #219
rawafoo

Drives: Orange GT86
Guys yes the fact that Fuel consumption is increased by a 10000% and the fact that exhaust mufflers get raped, but to be honest that dosnt concern me at all, the ONLY concern is engine saftey

To ALL tuners and experinced guys with this pops and crackles on other cars, whats the worst that can happen and the MAJOR question wich im.guessing alll of us are asking is IS THIS SAFE!!!??

Thanks guys ❤
rawafoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:48 PM   #220
donthaveoneyet

Drives: i don't own one yet, but i will...
pretty sure it's safe, i currently have a 92 SC400 with the 1uz V8 and it crackles sometimes when warm simply because the engine runs so rich. it's completely stock by the way with 244k miles, so yea, safe i guess.
donthaveoneyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 08:57 PM   #221
eddieflyinv

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Not an expert here, but how is it that using the ALPHA - OVERRUN FUELING tables in RomRaider, and potentially the ALPHA - BRZ Desired Overrun Mass Airflow Tables (no description so I have no idea if they would actually help...) we cannot have the pops and crackles happen after letting off the throttle..

Overrun Enrich RPM Delta Activation - Set Properly would define when it happens
Overrun Initial Injector Enrichment (pulsewidth) - Set how long the enrichment would last (I imagine thats how much fuel you would be wishing to dump measured by how long the enrichment lasts in ms)
Overrun Fueling Cut Counter RPM Threshold - Set the High Limit to i.e 7400rpm (unmodified it is 3500) so that the injectors dont actually cut off during overrun until after their initial enrichment ?? (assuming everyone that tries this is going for the high rpm crackles)

And the only other Tables related to Overrun that I can find are Desired Overrun Mass Airflow A,B,C but I have no idea what they are for and therefore cant really try figure out the logic of what they do..

anyone tried using these tables ? I read this thread and as far as I know the only thing related that was adjusted was the RPM Delta Activation, but using all 3 above I would imagine you could create the same effect ? or would this result in Injectors not stopping fueling at all during overrun ? :/

Last edited by eddieflyinv; 01-11-2016 at 10:45 PM.
eddieflyinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 02:16 AM   #222
rawafoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieflyinv View Post
Not an expert here, but how is it that using the ALPHA - OVERRUN FUELING tables in RomRaider, and potentially the ALPHA - BRZ Desired Overrun Mass Airflow Tables (no description so I have no idea if they would actually help...) we cannot have the pops and crackles happen after letting off the throttle..

Overrun Enrich RPM Delta Activation - Set Properly would define when it happens
Overrun Initial Injector Enrichment (pulsewidth) - Set how long the enrichment would last (I imagine thats how much fuel you would be wishing to dump measured by how long the enrichment lasts in ms)
Overrun Fueling Cut Counter RPM Threshold - Set the High Limit to i.e 7400rpm (unmodified it is 3500) so that the injectors dont actually cut off during overrun until after their initial enrichment ?? (assuming everyone that tries this is going for the high rpm crackles)

And the only other Tables related to Overrun that I can find are Desired Overrun Mass Airflow A,B,C but I have no idea what they are for and therefore cant really try figure out the logic of what they do..

anyone tried using these tables ? I read this thread and as far as I know the only thing related that was adjusted was the RPM Delta Activation, but using all 3 above I would imagine you could create the same effect ? or would this result in Injectors not stopping fueling at all during overrun ? :/
i wouldn't play with the overrun settings or that, just look at the first page where andrew the OP changes just the timing base to negative 9 or whatever number and Stay Popin
Old 01-12-2016, 02:24 AM   #223
Snyperiflex

Drives: Scion FR-S Release Series 1.0
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawafoo View Post
i wouldn't play with the overrun settings or that, just look at the first page where andrew the OP changes just the timing base to negative 9 or whatever number and Stay Popin
I think what eddie is suggesting is being able to get pops during the overrun without touching the throttle
This is something I'm interested in as well

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Snyperiflex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Snyperiflex For This Useful Post:
eddieflyinv (01-12-2016)
Old 01-12-2016, 04:37 AM   #224
rawafoo

wouldn't that just be kinda annoying to hear the pops and cracks every single time you remove your leg from the gas?
not to mention the fact that the police arnt the biggest fans of this mod?
so the fact that we can control the pops is a huge + ( thats just my opinion)

To answer that question i have no Idea, maybe quote the OP he may have some answers