follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 04-20-2018, 01:16 AM   #1
milkydude12

Drives: none
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Seicane S6936 Android Headunit

After much debate and lots of research, i've decided to swap out my OEM head unit with this

https://www.seicane.com/en/double-di...-camera-s6936g

I was wondering if anyone else had this unit and could possibly give me some tips in regards to any extra wires I may need to get this unit up and running properly with FM radio/Backup camera/steering wheel volume controls/the factory usb located right in front of my manual shifter.

Thanks
milkydude12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:26 PM   #2
Milquetoast

Drives: Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
From the looks of it, I have the same unit but from a different Chinese manufacturer. I'm in the process of installing it into my '14 FR-S and getting really frustrated trying to match up all the leads, RCA jacks, USB/Aux port(s), and the rearview camera; the latter especially, because mine didn't come with one from the factory. Thank goodness I don't have steering wheel controls, and another good thing is that the bracket(s) holding the old head unit in place will screw right into the sides of the new head unit and it'll bolt right in, no problem. That, and it fits nicely inside the snap-on plastic surround. =)
Milquetoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 11:05 PM   #3
milkydude12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milquetoast View Post
From the looks of it, I have the same unit but from a different Chinese manufacturer. I'm in the process of installing it into my '14 FR-S and getting really frustrated trying to match up all the leads, RCA jacks, USB/Aux port(s), and the rearview camera; the latter especially, because mine didn't come with one from the factory. Thank goodness I don't have steering wheel controls, and another good thing is that the bracket(s) holding the old head unit in place will screw right into the sides of the new head unit and it'll bolt right in, no problem. That, and it fits nicely inside the snap-on plastic surround. =)
Hahaha, nice!

Ya, im having the same issue, im trying to get my USB/AUX/Radio/OEM Backup Camera/steering wheel controls working.

From my understanding, I need a SWC controller for the steering wheel controls and I need a 12v to 6v converter for the backup camera. (not too sure as to how to get the USB/AUX working)

Name:  aftermarketheadunitpic.png
Views: 2381
Size:  486.2 KB
Name:  aftermarketinstalledheadunit12.jpg
Views: 2293
Size:  66.8 KB
Name:  aftermarketinstalledheadunit2.jpg
Views: 2324
Size:  221.1 KB
Attached Images

Last edited by milkydude12; 05-03-2018 at 11:06 PM. Reason: I derped up
Old 05-08-2018, 04:12 PM   #4
Milquetoast

Hey, have you had any luck wiring your unit up correctly? From the pictures you posted, you have the exact same set-up as I do, just with a different company stamped on it; I received all the same things/accessories in my box, too. The only help with steering wheel controls I can offer is that I have the SW App icon on my screen that you'd use to set up those button functions -- once you get them wired in, obviously. I'm getting sound out of my dash and rear speakers with the two smaller, thicker bundles and/or connectors in the loom but no sound out of the door speakers, so there's not much bass on hand yet. The 28-pin connector has no equivocal space on any of the things that came in the box, so it's just sitting there, not doing anything, behind the HU. I'm guessing that the amp leads are probably somewhere in that thing, but I have zero clues what to do next. It's very frustrating that not much is offered in the way of help, so far, online. =|
Milquetoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 12:53 PM   #5
KR-S
Sporadic Member

Drives: 2016 Halo FR-S M/T
Thanked 3,552 Times in 1,746 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkydude12 View Post
Hahaha, nice!

Ya, im having the same issue, im trying to get my USB/AUX/Radio/OEM Backup Camera/steering wheel controls working.

From my understanding, I need a SWC controller for the steering wheel controls and I need a 12v to 6v converter for the backup camera. (not too sure as to how to get the USB/AUX working)
For the USB, I used AX-TOYUSB (found on Amazon). 100% plug-and-play.

Don't buy AX-TOYUSB2; it's apparently not the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HueyLooie View Post
Nah, homes. It's your dadda's hot goopey goop.
KR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:38 AM   #6
milkydude12

I eventually gave up n got toyota to install it for me (lack of wrenches/a driveway to install it on/lack of time right now...).
Old 05-20-2018, 11:09 PM   #7
Milquetoast

Thanks for the info? How's the thing working now? Was the Toyota dealer able to get everything working? I'm still stuck, lol.
Old 02-22-2019, 04:24 PM   #8
milkydude12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milquetoast View Post
Thanks for the info? How's the thing working now? Was the Toyota dealer able to get everything working? I'm still stuck, lol.
Sound works, steering wheel controls work, however I could never get radio working for the life of me
Old 02-27-2019, 12:16 AM   #9
TMXSTAR
I'm bad at English

Drives: Subaru BRZ 2016 M/T

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
TMXSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 03:07 AM   #10
Kiyora

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ / 2013 Scion FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkydude12 View Post
After much debate and lots of research, i've decided to swap out my OEM head unit with this

https://www.seicane.com/en/double-di...-camera-s6936g

I was wondering if anyone else had this unit and could possibly give me some tips in regards to any extra wires I may need to get this unit up and running properly with FM radio/Backup camera/steering wheel volume controls/the factory usb located right in front of my manual shifter.

Thanks
Any luck with the audio? I have the same exact headunit but I’m receiving no sound or bass from the door speakers.
Kiyora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 09:43 AM   #11
ir1064

Drives: 6MT, C7P
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyora View Post
Any luck with the audio? I have the same exact headunit but I’m receiving no sound or bass from the door speakers.
i used to have similar head unit in my MY13, please remember to wiring up your amp, you should be able to find the information in the forum.
ir1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 08:56 PM   #12
B-R-Z
I love peanut butter

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
I've had one of these in my MY13 since 2014, still working great. It has its quirks here and there but overall it has treated me well. I am running all speakers on amps so can't speak to the output directly from the unit, but the outputs to RCA feed the amps clearly.

Also installed a backup cam to this and integrates perfectly.
B-R-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 07:27 PM   #13
milkydude12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyora View Post
Is it wired correctly? I'm not too sure about your issue, but my speakers all work.
Old 05-13-2019, 07:29 PM   #14
milkydude12

I'll most likely do a video of my headunit working soon, to show what works and mention a few of its quirks