follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 03-26-2015, 01:08 AM   #1821
0351USMC

Drives: 2014 FRS JRSC'd
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScionOfHorus View Post
Pfff, you hated yours so much you sold it
Its going to a good home at least!!!
Old 03-26-2015, 01:39 AM   #1822
RevoG

Drives: Hot Lava 86 MT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew025 View Post
I'm obviously not saying spend money you don't have, but there's always *something* that's considered better to spend the money on besides a car (if you have the disposable income).
I could have put the money on my house but it's essentially a drop in the bucket so I said screw it and ordered a kit.
Otherwise I probably wouldn't have ever ordered it.

Same here. You make choices in life and this was one of those choices I made for me, and me alone. Completely selfish and still smiling...
JR Supercharger, JR RS Pulley, JR Oil cooler, JDL UEL header, Dual resonated 3" JDL Overpipe Front pipe, Perrin 3" resonated cat back exhaust, Upgraded Koyorad radiator, ECUTek tune, Enkei RS05RR 18x9.5, Bridgestone RE003 265/35/18, KW V3 Coilovers, Valenti sequential taillights, Kartboy short shifter kit
RevoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 02:02 AM   #1823
Massimopirrone

Drives: 2014 frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Patiently waiting for my kit to arrive... I can't wait
Massimopirrone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Massimopirrone For This Useful Post:
BRZerk (03-26-2015)
Old 03-26-2015, 09:17 AM   #1824
BRZerk
Some guy in a white car

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massimopirrone View Post
i could only imagine the excitement lol.

i will have a JRSC one day. I thought I wanted a turbo but the simplicity and reliability of the JRSC is really attractive....
Old 03-26-2015, 05:09 PM   #1825
sprintamx

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Not responding to any post in particular . . .

I had my JRSC setup on track for the first time last Saturday. Rather than shameless gushing, I'll just say that I ran out of gears and brakes--in that order. What a package! I need to do some tweaks with the tuning and possibly make the move to the Torque app for some real-time sensor data, but the car ran like a champ and kept me very, very alert.

It was a very interesting event in my experience in the Northeast: 3 Twins and 5 S200s at this event. Usually it's Porsche, BMW and Corvette with the occasional Civic, WRX or Mitsu. I'm happy to see more and more Twins at the average track day.

Cheers.
sprintamx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sprintamx For This Useful Post:
Budo (03-26-2015)
Old 03-26-2015, 05:19 PM   #1826
keithr

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited (DGM)
Garage
When I saw the announcement for the new Edelbrock SC kit being released for the twins it gave me pause on my intentions to go with the Jackson.

Admittedly, it looks pretty cool, and it's a different setup than most of what we've seen for this car. However, it hasn't been released yet, and I don't feel like waiting to see what the real numbers are (power, price, etc.) and wait for them to go through a couple revisions to work out bugs.

The Jackson seems to be rock solid, well-supported, and a reasonable value. I've made my decision, I'll be ordering mine early next week when I get home from my weekend away.
keithr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 05:23 PM   #1827
ScionOfHorus

Drives: 2015 Series.Blue BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithr View Post
When I saw the announcement for the new Edelbrock SC kit being released for the twins it gave me pause on my intentions to go with the Jackson.

Admittedly, it looks pretty cool, and it's a different setup than most of what we've seen for this car. However, it hasn't been released yet, and I don't feel like waiting to see what the real numbers are (power, price, etc.) and wait for them to go through a couple revisions to work out bugs.

The Jackson seems to be rock solid, well-supported, and a reasonable value. I've made my decision, I'll be ordering mine early next week when I get home from my weekend away.
Well it depends. JR has only done 1 release of the SC kit, because of how much testing they did before release. So as long as Edlebrock does the same, the first version could be perfectly good. But that'll take a lot of time.
Old 03-26-2015, 05:29 PM   #1828
keithr

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited (DGM)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScionOfHorus View Post
Well it depends. JR has only done 1 release of the SC kit, because of how much testing they did before release. So as long as Edlebrock does the same, the first version could be perfectly good. But that'll take a lot of time.
I wasn't necessarily referencing revisions to hardware; minor updates to tunes, etc., once the bugger is out in the wild being field-tested by early adopters is what I had in mind.

Seems the JR has both the hardware and their packaged tune pretty dialed-in at this point. It's about as plug-and-play as you can get for something like this.
keithr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 05:53 PM   #1829
dp1
driving smoother faster

Drives: Sold
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dp1 View Post
13k miles, all with the kit.

The Good:
Love it.

The Unfortunate:
Had a slow leak at one of the sc radiator connections (possibly installation error, connector was just a little bit loose), noticed early and fixed quickly. Also had a slow leak from the oil cooler pipe where it connects to the AN fitting (pipe had a small crack), possibly another one from the seal under the thermostatic oil adapter. Bought everything new from JR for the oil cooler kit aside from the oil radiator and radiator mounting bracket, had them replaced and shipped old parts to JR for inspection. Waiting to hear from JR if I'll get any refunds for parts under warranty.

The Conclusion:
None of this was a big deal - I'd buy the JR SC kit and the JR oil cooler again without hesitation, great upgrade for this car.

Update: Given that both leaks may have been caused by installation error (wouldn't be surprised given my other experiences with the shop), I didn't expect more than an explanation, but JR helped me out anyway. Leaks are long gone now and JR earned my business for life.
dp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dp1 For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (03-26-2015)
Old 03-26-2015, 07:34 PM   #1830
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,177 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoG View Post
Thanks Mike, can I use the galley plug for the pressure sensor? I do not want to cut or make changes to the current oil cooler set up.
Sure can!
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:36 PM   #1831
CSG Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massimopirrone View Post
We had some kits shipped today if you ordered from us
Old 03-26-2015, 07:37 PM   #1832
CSG Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintamx View Post

I had my JRSC setup on track for the first time last Saturday. Rather than shameless gushing, I'll just say that I ran out of gears and brakes--in that order. What a package! I need to do some tweaks with the tuning and possibly make the move to the Torque app for some real-time sensor data, but the car ran like a champ and kept me very, very alert.

It was a very interesting event in my experience in the Northeast: 3 Twins and 5 S200s at this event. Usually it's Porsche, BMW and Corvette with the occasional Civic, WRX or Mitsu. I'm happy to see more and more Twins at the average track day.

Cheers.
Holy hell you ran out of gears???!??

We can help you with the brakes
Old 03-26-2015, 07:38 PM   #1833
CSG Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithr View Post

Let us know how CSG can earn your business
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
funwheeldrive (03-28-2015), keithr (03-31-2015)
Old 03-26-2015, 08:46 PM   #1834
dp1
driving smoother faster

Drives: Sold
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintamx View Post

Cheers.

I remember the feeling...may be time for AP Racing BBK...what a difference in stopping power from stock + longer lasting pads
dp1 is offline   Reply With Quote