follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 03-13-2014, 01:16 AM   #29
regal

Drives: Scion FR-S/Toyota Yaris
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXimus View Post
Hi All,

Sorry it's been a while. I have owner a Forester from brand new to over 110,000km trust me I know full well about torque dip and boxer motors.

Anyways finally got AFM technical team involved and after several days the have confirmed direct injection issue. I've told them to also check spark plugs considering the related issues.

I'll post back once I get the car and see if I can ask for original parts with some photos for you guys. Interesting to know I don't have a CEL and the issue doesn't seem to be like anyone else with DI issue.

Cheers,

Sam

Thanks for the update, it was hard to hear the pop but its there. You have just been initiated into the 2012 build date DI failure club. There is no fix thru warranty as the 2013 builds have a calib flash that so far has taken car of the issue. Edit: 2 years later the finally issued a TSB unrelated but it updates some of the issues that blow DI seals, tell you dealer your idle dips.

Who is the AFM Technical Team?

Mods:
Clear fender side lights
Tactrix ZA1JB01C 2014 Calib

Last edited by regal; 03-13-2014 at 07:36 AM.
regal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:03 AM   #30
MaXimus
Meh!

Drives: Satin White, 86, Manual
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal View Post
Thanks for the update, it was hard to hear the pop but its there. You have just been initiated into the 2012 build date DI failure club. There is no fix thru warranty as the 2013 builds have a calib flash that so far has taken car of the issue. Edit: 2 years later the finally issued a TSB unrelated but it updates some of the issues that blow DI seals, tell you dealer your idle dips.

Who is the AFM Technical Team?
Thanks,

Toyota dealer within United Arab Emirates is Al Futtaim Motors (AFM) they have an in-between company/team/entity that are called Toyota Technical Team. We have already had issues that we show TSB and AFM will not validate warranty because Toyota technical team has not issued the related NSB (National Service Bulletin 0.o?) Still have that stupid shifter rattle.

Anyways, injectors have been replaced and apparently issue is now resolved. So I will be going on Saturday to test drive the car and check everything is ok.

My only concern now after speaking to technician apparently was a small leak if spark plugs are damaged (Bank 1 my guess) or if they are fine. Dunno how much I can push them to check spark plugs as well.

Cheers!

Sam
RAYS TE37V 17X9 / MICHELIN 245/40/R17 / KW V3 / RACESENG TOP HATS / MOTUL 5.1 + BRAIDED LINES / FERODO DS2500 BRAKE PADS / NEXUS 7 IN DASH / VDS UEL HEADERS / CRAWFORD POWER BLOCKS/ K&N DROP IN FILTER / Custom 3 inch header back catless exhaust / Varex 3in Muffler / HT AUTO LIP KIT / VALENTI TAIL LIGHTS / MORIMOTO PROJECTOR + HID.
MaXimus is offline   Reply With Quote