follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 06-20-2018, 09:05 PM   #211
Sapphireho
Pressure fried

Drives: '15 ultramarine
Thanked 18,204 Times in 8,592 Posts
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
Ingest artificial colors? Bitch, please.
I think that is the least of your worries.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 04:24 PM   #212
tws98

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else getting their email to sales@ft86speedfactory.com bounced back due to 'recipient inbox full' errors?
tws98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 07:45 AM   #213
FT-86 SpeedFactory

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,253 Posts
Mentioned: 341 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tws98 View Post
Anyone else getting their email to sales@ft86speedfactory.com bounced back due to 'recipient inbox full' errors?
We had an error on the server and it's been fixed. Sorry for this. It's back up and working.
FT-86 SpeedFactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:25 AM   #214
J1Avs

Drives: 2018 BRZ tS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Hey guys - was just perusing your site this AM, and noticed that all uncharted header and front pipe applications were removed, leaving just catted applications.

Did something change with what you are able to sell?
J1Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:25 AM   #215
J1Avs

Drives: 2018 BRZ tS
Hey guys - was just perusing your site this AM, and noticed that all uncharted header and front pipe applications were removed, leaving just catted applications.

Did something change with what you are able to sell?
J1Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 04:19 PM   #216
ayoshioka1

Drives: 2019 BRZ / E36 325is
any memorial day sales this year?
mgarcia707 (05-24-2019)
Old 06-14-2019, 12:21 PM   #217
ayoshioka1

purchased a set of fortune auto 500 gen 7's through ft86speedfactory. On the website they listed them as in stock ready to ship.

https://www.ft86speedfactory.com/for...l#.XQPG7LxKibg

I emailed them twice to double check to make sure that ft86speedfactory themselves had a set. I know that fortune autos are a build to order set. Figured maybe by an off chance they could have pre ordered a set with a set of default spring rates in their inventory for quick shipment... so after another reply back to confirm with the order. they told me that yes these are in stock ready to ship. so then i begin to order and purchased them. a week goes by no response on tracking number. i emailed them back saying where is my order? i emailed you guys to double check to make sure they were in stock ready to ship to me. The rep goes and tells me "oh THEY should be shipping them out any day now..." Oh so you never had them in stock? you lied to me? If i would have known this i would just gone to FA directly myself or through Evasive.

I call FA directly to see what my order status is. Mind you this is 2 weeks after i placed the initial order. Our sorry, looks like your order is backed up and will take another 3-4 weeks to be delivered. In stock ready to ship goes to 4-6 weeks...

TLDR, FT86SF lied about in stock availability to me and didn't give me a straight clear cut answer. Sales rep clearly doesn't know what he is selling and has no idea about any simple logistics control and inventory management. All it takes is one simple email or phone call to get the correct and accurate answer, yet they failed to do that. I also found out that with my recent purchase of the whiteline rear lca and spc arms they were actually drop shipped by RallySportDirect. Go figure...

marco1ca (07-20-2019)
Old 07-12-2019, 03:54 PM   #218
theadmiral976

Drives: WRB Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Is it possible to call FT86SF anymore? The phone number they provide on the website just has a recorded message asking customers to use their e-mail system. I have been communicating back and forth with one of their representatives via their e-mail system about a shipping delay and it is getting really frustrating as I have to get every single detail from them one message at a time. My car is broken and I need this part to fix it and drive it. I would love to spend 5 minutes on the phone with a representative to sort out my options to get this part to me faster than mid-late August (I ordered it in mid-June with a tentative delivery date in early-mid July).

I have very happily used FT86SF for 5 years; however, the one time I need them to work with me (let me pay them more money to ship faster, provide me with a refund so I can buy the part elsewhere, or even just explain in detail what the timeline actually will be), they are difficult to work with. A telephone conversation with an actual human being so that my three questions about my order can be answered without hours, or days, between e-mail responses, would be amazing considering I've spent thousands of dollars with them over the years.
theadmiral976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 02:48 PM   #219
theadmiral976

Drives: WRB Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theadmiral976 View Post
Is it possible to call FT86SF anymore? The phone number they provide on the website just has a recorded message asking customers to use their e-mail system. I have been communicating back and forth with one of their representatives via their e-mail system about a shipping delay and it is getting really frustrating as I have to get every single detail from them one message at a time. My car is broken and I need this part to fix it and drive it. I would love to spend 5 minutes on the phone with a representative to sort out my options to get this part to me faster than mid-late August (I ordered it in mid-June with a tentative delivery date in early-mid July).

I have very happily used FT86SF for 5 years; however, the one time I need them to work with me (let me pay them more money to ship faster, provide me with a refund so I can buy the part elsewhere, or even just explain in detail what the timeline actually will be), they are difficult to work with. A telephone conversation with an actual human being so that my three questions about my order can be answered without hours, or days, between e-mail responses, would be amazing considering I've spent thousands of dollars with them over the years.
As a warning to anyone ordering parts listed as shipping from "the factory" from FT86SF, it is becoming clear to me that they have no interest in working with customers on providing reliable shipping estimates. As of right now, I placed an order in mid-June for a part listed as shipping from "the factory." Based on the part ordered and a little internet searching of similar US-based resellers, I had my suspicions the "factory" was in Japan. I did my math on JapanParts at the time and realized it was about equal (within $10-20) to use FT86SF. As I have historically been very pleased with FT86SF over the past 5 years, including with ordering other items "from the factory," I went ahead and gave them my business.

Now, using JapanParts, this part would have arrived by early July (maybe the second week, given the holiday). I talked with a rep from FT86SF who assured me the part was due to ship from "the factory" in time for its arrival in the custody of FT86SF in "early July." Come mid-July (I think I emailed them on July 13), I am told the part will be shipped on "July 22" with no effort made to provide me an estimate on when it will arrive in the States, much less to my house. After yet another round of emailing (they don't have phones in backwater Des Moines, IA, I guess), the rep finally concedes that the part is indeed shipping from Japan. Now, I am concerned. See, the only reasonable explanation for this delay is that they were waiting to assemble a large number of orders to ship all at once, likely by boat, from Japan. This makes perfect sense as FT86SF is likely making a small margin on these parts and most of their profit will come from more efficient shipping practices. This is fine. However, there is no mention of this on their website and their reps are either not allowed or unwilling to provide this critical information to the customer. See, the biggest issue is that I was led to believe that my part was being ordered and shipped in a timely manner (e.g. a week from ordering) and that it would arrive within a month of ordering from Japan (as stated to me by my initial email contact with the rep).

At this point, I am stuck waiting for this part until at least late-August, if not September. The boat crossing is a minimum of 10-14 days plus all of the dockyard time and shipping to the FT86SF warehouse, where it will have to be unpackaged, sorted, repackaged, and finally shipped to me.

Again, because 19th century phone technology is foreign to the fine folks at FT86SF, I had to yet again communicate by email, this time asking them to cancel this portion of my order since my car is broken and I need this part to use it (it's also my only car, my DD, and so on and so forth, but that's not FT86SF's problem). This was late last week; as of today I have yet to receive any further communication from them. I would imagine this is because they have a strict "no returns" policy on anything "special ordered." I don't know if this part qualifies as a "special order;" I doubt I'll ever know since it would easily take another 2-3 email exchanges over the next 1-2 weeks to sort this out.

I could order this same part, likely from the same reseller in Japan that FT86SF is using - the irony of this is not lost on me, and have it airmailed to me, arriving August 1 for a few dollars cheaper than I paid FT86SF (mainly because the JPY has weakened against the USD since June 15). This early August arrival would be weeks ahead of FT86SF based on the "shipment leaving Japan on July 22." To add insult to injury, FT86SF flatly rejected my offer to pay them more money just to make a special order of my part and have it airmailed directly to me from their supplier.

Based on their incompetence, or deception, when it comes to shipping estimates, their complete unwillingness to communicate by anything other than email at a rate slower than it would take to ship a letter from my home to Iowa by USPS, and their flat refusal to work with the customer when it comes to providing alternative order options AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO THEM, I can no longer support FT86SF and strongly recommend that others think carefully about using them in the future, particularly for orders of parts not listed as "in stock" (although, apparently even that designation is prone to issues based on posts made previously on this thread).

I do hope that FT86SF takes the time to pick up a godforsaken phone and call me. All of this can be quickly resolved by a simple 5-10 minute phone conversation, as opposed to terse, incompletely answered emails from overworked customer service representatives.
theadmiral976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 01:20 PM   #220
marco1ca

Drives: Toyota Celica
Hey FT86Speedfacory: Get your sh&T together!! I ordered, paid, and my credit card charged for a Magniflow Catback exhaust and I had one simple request; A tracking number. Not only do you not give me one, you have not responded to my several Email requests for the last week. Your communication with customers sucks. WWW.bbb.org is my next step
marco1ca is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marco1ca For This Useful Post:
ayoshioka1 (07-22-2019), Busybee (07-20-2019)
Old 07-20-2019, 02:58 PM   #221
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,469 Times in 18,894 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Hmmm... I received only one of two items ordered without acknowledgment of the split. Only been a couple weeks but the unanswered requests for update are a bit disconcerting.
Old 07-22-2019, 12:01 PM   #222
ayoshioka1

trash customer support
Pat (07-22-2019)
Old 07-22-2019, 11:29 PM   #223
Clutch Dog

Drives: 2017 BRZ PP , 2005 Saab 97X
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
Hmmm... I received only one of two items ordered without acknowledgment of the split. Only been a couple weeks but the unanswered requests for update are a bit disconcerting.
They did this, the program for split deals isnt good. They said my order was completed but I was missing a very expensive ( albeit very japanese) part that came a week later. no tracking number or anything.

I feel if they dont have it in inventory they order out for it and also dont know shipment time.

(STI flexible strut bar was the part, which i had assumed would take a few weeks due to what it is. and where its coming from)
Clutch Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 12:39 AM   #224
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,469 Times in 18,894 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch Dog View Post
They did this, the program for split deals isnt good. They said my order was completed but I was missing a very expensive ( albeit very japanese) part that came a week later. no tracking number or anything.
I figured as much. I know they're a small operation but that doesn't excuse ignoring basic protocols. A minor tweak in their process would foster tremendous good will. Damn shame, really.

Last edited by Ultramaroon; 07-23-2019 at 01:45 AM.
Ultramaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ultramaroon For This Useful Post:
Clutch Dog (07-23-2019)