follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs)

Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) Wash, Wax, Details, Repairs

User Tag List

Old 12-15-2018, 10:50 AM   #1
funwheeldrive

Drives: BANNED FOR TELLING THE TRUTH
Thanked 3,022 Times in 1,409 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Broken Rear Window Glass - Ideal Replacement?

Hey guys, it was super windy last night and a tree branch fell and broke the rear glass on my car. I tried searching around here for the best replacement option but couldn't find any information.

I found lots of stuff related to the windshield, but not the rear glass. Does anyone have any recommendations on who to go through for replacing the glass, and where I should get the glass from? Ideally I would like the repair to be as OEM as possible. I figured I would try and get everything done through the dealer, but wanted to ask around here too to get more opinions. Thanks in advance.
funwheeldrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 03:08 PM   #2
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2494 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by funwheeldrive View Post
Hey guys, it was super windy last night and a tree branch fell and broke the rear glass on my car. I tried searching around here for the best replacement option but couldn't find any information.

I found lots of stuff related to the windshield, but not the rear glass. Does anyone have any recommendations on who to go through for replacing the glass, and where I should get the glass from? Ideally I would like the repair to be as OEM as possible. I figured I would try and get everything done through the dealer, but wanted to ask around here too to get more opinions. Thanks in advance.
All info that applies to the windshield is the same for the rear glass. Any decent glass place can fix it up as good as new.
Old 12-15-2018, 03:53 PM   #3
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,796 Times in 16,418 Posts
Mentioned: 707 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by funwheeldrive View Post

Well, that's a shame - yep, it sure was windy last night -

I suggest you follow Tcoat's advice and get er fixed at any reputable glass shop. I feel you are on the verge of over thinking this. -

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote