follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 02-13-2014, 01:53 PM   #85
Apex-Wolf

Drives: Ultramarine Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveflooder View Post
I don't mind posting here The only thing I have done to void my warranty is the lowering springs. The car is stock other than that, so the dealers can spy all they want. Most of my experiences have been with Mossy Toyota in PB. I wouldn't personally suggest going there as their techs have horrible attitudes (I actually had one argue with me when I had a question) and their service department representatives think that as long as it works, it doesn't matter how crappy the job is. That being said, the owner of the dealership is AWESOME! It sucks that I had to end up going through him to get work done, but he stepped up and got it done. I just with his service department was as amazing as he is.

Sorry, long story, but that's my experience so far. I do all my own fluid changes and my own work on the car and I avoid the dealer like the plague. I know that there is a member here that is a service manager at Toyota in Carlsbad, so that might be worth looking into. If you are not already on the Socal SD 86 Club Facebook page, I would get on that. He is a member there as well.
Oh yeah I got mine at Chula Vista toyota but they traded Mossy Toyota for it and it was in pretty bad shape compared to the chula vista toyota ones but i just had to have the ultra marine :P
Apex-Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:24 PM   #86
suaveflooder

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 1,052 Times in 664 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex-Wolf View Post
Oh yeah I got mine at Chula Vista toyota but they traded Mossy Toyota for it and it was in pretty bad shape compared to the chula vista toyota ones but i just had to have the ultra marine :P
lol! I totally get it. I wasn't willing to have another color other than whiteout.
suaveflooder is offline   Reply With Quote