follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 12-26-2019, 02:42 PM   #43
FTEIGHTSIX
Switched to the dark side

Drives: 91 & 95 240sx KA-T SOLD, 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
I put a joke at the end of my post about having a small dong and look who got heated

I wasn't surprised, I read quite a few posts with peoples experience before going one piece. It was just worse then what I thought it would be. And what is wrong with some of us having a thought exercise about it? What prandelia dug up was right on par with what I was told by a retired Boeing engineer at the track. His back ground, NVH on planes. So, "the internet" is not my only source here. I haven't tried his suggestion yet but his solution to help it a bit was to add some wraps of tape about a third of the way up from one end. The goal is to dampen in a specific frequency range because the problem is not consistent vibration. I have mine down to just vibrating above 105mph. Before it would do it in multiple ranges.
Lol not even a little bit heated. Just felt the need to justify and clarify my original post.

The core of its argument wasn't specifically directed at you, just the portion addressed to you. Moving on, I'm just baffled at how other people think there is something wrong with their car when they removed something that buffered a lot of comfort-ability into the driving of the car. We just threw parts on haphazardly back in the day and understanding how the part functioned, we accepted the decrease in comfort and daily drive-ability. I guess in retrospect, if it sounded you threw the car into 5th at parking lot speeds, and your entire car was shaking... I can understand the cause for concern.

Thank you for this exchange of ideas btw. Nothing wrong with a little thought exercise. I just felt like the answer was simpler.

I'm definitely interested to hear what solutions you guys come up with and how well the tape works to actually dampen the frequency range.

WTB: FA20 longblock in Socal or shipped.
FTEIGHTSIX is offline   Reply With Quote