follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 10-28-2019, 09:34 AM   #15
SamtheKorean
September

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNDSRFR View Post
What part of the clutch assembly is covered under warranty?
they covered flywheel and pressure plate
SamtheKorean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 09:49 AM   #16
SamtheKorean
September

Quote:
Originally Posted by RZNT4R View Post
It's OK to call and ask what's up, it's another thing to be that annoying customer who annoys the counter staff for 3 hours for a 1 hour job on the car.

Personally I like to be there in person more than on the phone because a smile and a friendly demeanor tends to grease the working when dealing with service people and that doesn't translate as well over the phone. But as long as you're not overbearing or demanding and are receptive of their circumstances (like the inventory system being a mess and parts taking forever to arrive), they'll probably be glad to deal with a customer that isn't an a-hole for once.

My check engine adventure started pretty damn bad, But I like to think that for people to fix their mistakes they have to have a chance to fix them. It took some serious talking to finally know what was up (these big shops don't seem like they want people to be privy to their inner working), but a year and a half and one month of driving a loaner later, she's fixed and doesn't seem any worse for it.
Gave them a call 20 mins ago, honestly i don’t know what’s going on. the service advisor said tech drove on friday but wasn’t able to find any problem (which is weird cuz it’s clear and loud grinding sounds) I’m sending in the email with a video of the car making noise. they told me they’re going to test drive again today.
Old 10-28-2019, 10:58 AM   #17
SamtheKorean
September

Dealership update, tech test drove my car today again. still said there’s nothing wrong. good thing i took a video before i took the car in for a proof, sent the video to my advisor and she’s going to forward it to the tech... really disappointed how they diagnose for anything. there’s a clear loud grinding noise and the dealership is denying it. When i go pick up my car i’m willing to take one of the tech for a ride to show the problem. let me know if you guys have any tips in this situation.
Old 10-30-2019, 01:07 AM   #18
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,827 Times in 16,429 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheKorean View Post
Dealership update, tech test drove my car today again. still said there’s nothing wrong. good thing i took a video before i took the car in for a proof, sent the video to my advisor and she’s going to forward it to the tech... really disappointed how they diagnose for anything. there’s a clear loud grinding noise and the dealership is denying it. When i go pick up my car i’m willing to take one of the tech for a ride to show the problem. let me know if you guys have any tips in this situation.
What I do with the guys at the auto shop where I do business, is to take the tech for a ride and make sure he understands what my concern is. During that ride, he drops me off at my house and takes my car back to the shop, with instructions from me to "fix" it. Meanwhile, I take a nap.

After it's fixed, they call me and stop at my house and pick me up and I drive my car and the tech back to the shop, to make sure it's fixed and pay them.

This works for me.

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
SamtheKorean (10-30-2019)
Old 10-30-2019, 04:07 AM   #19
RZNT4R
Professional Mechanic

Drives: 2017 86 6MT Oceanic
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
I like to have the customer ride along on a test drive. I don't want them to drive though, I want them to sit in the passenger seat and point out the issue they have as I manipulate the car and recreate then isolate it.

On numerous such test drives, after being unable to duplicate and chatting away with the customer for a few minutes while driving around, they've "slipped up" and told me the complete opposite thing they told the service advisor or some completely new bit of info and that turns out to be the key.

I have trouble seeing how they repair cars without that connection to the customer, it's such a gold mine for diagnostic.
RZNT4R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RZNT4R For This Useful Post:
humfrz (10-30-2019), SamtheKorean (10-30-2019), soundman98 (10-30-2019), Tcoat (10-30-2019)