follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northern California

Northern California NorCal

User Tag List

Old 06-27-2013, 12:20 AM   #29
PMok
Codename: Stitch

Drives: 91 MR2; 06 IS350; 16 BRZ; 18 CX-5
Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,307 Posts
Mentioned: 462 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
oh haha then that worked out pretty well considering you couldn't hear us. We thought you could at least hear us. We were trying to guess how many PP your first race car was, assuming it is modded to match your own car (ours were as well that first race) it was much faster than ours... though that might be a question of tire choice as well as power adders. Then we saw you switched to an FR-S with sports hards so we assumed you had gone bone stock so that's what we did. And that turned out to be a good even race at least between you and Clipdat haha.

Next time if you (or anyone else who joins us) don't have headset you can at the least use the chat mode to send us text or you can even plug in a USB keyboard to the PS3 to type stuff.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:16 AM   #30
denkigrve
Random Internet dad

Drives: 2013 FRS and 2010 Mini Cooper
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
What? You don't want me to bring my 2k horsepower Escudo Pikes Peak and just drive into the walls and still win?

Gran Turismo memories!

Actually can't you trade cars? Does anyone have an AE86 yet? I want one super bad, and the god damn used car dealership won't put out.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:40 AM   #31
PMok

Quote:
Originally Posted by denkigrve View Post
What? You don't want me to bring my 2k horsepower Escudo Pikes Peak and just drive into the walls and still win?

Gran Turismo memories!

Actually can't you trade cars? Does anyone have an AE86 yet? I want one super bad, and the god damn used car dealership won't put out.
LOL I thought the Red Bull Racing X10 or X2011 was the car to have now.

I have the AE86 S. Shigeno version. You know, panda white with tuned up motor, only thing missing is the tofu sticker. Hmm I guess I should look to see how many PP it has, see if it is comparable enough to the 86 to be in same race class.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:01 AM   #32
denkigrve
Random Internet dad

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMok View Post
LOL I thought the Red Bull Racing X10 or X2011 was the car to have now.

I have the AE86 S. Shigeno version. You know, panda white with tuned up motor, only thing missing is the tofu sticker. Hmm I guess I should look to see how many PP it has, see if it is comparable enough to the 86 to be in same race class.

GAH! That's the one that I want! I'm an AE86 fanatic. I'm contemplating buying another one, but I have nowhere to store it.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:20 AM   #33
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,675 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just gifted you one!

Fair warning, it's already heavily riced out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:35 AM   #34
denkigrve
Random Internet dad

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
Just gifted you one!

Fair warning, it's already heavily riced out.
Sweeeet. Thanks dude. I removed the wing and turbo and painted it blue. I think it's hilarious you're stuck with the panda coloring though. lol. I adjusted your suspension settings as well. Typically most AE86 tunes have stiffer front springs and softer rear springs as well as a 1 degree negative camber up front. The car definitely gets a tad tail happy at times, but it's what made those cars so much fun!

I also don't like how the wheel choices are setup. The FR-S only gets some pretty meh wheels, but I saw the RP03s for the AE86. I want to put those on the FR-S!

GT6 is coming soon though, and should rectify some of that. From what I was reading most cars can be modded. I think they're actually doing some proper wheel type stuff so you can do wider wheels, and I'm betting lots of cash that you will be able to do the rocket bunny setup. Apparently the demo is out next week on PSN.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:46 AM   #35
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Thanked 3,796 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Damn, totally missed this last night could have joined in, ended up just watching the giants lose instead. Might be able to join tonight if I dig up my wheel.

Anybody preordering GT6? You get like 20 cars from GameStop or $1M credits from Amazon.
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:02 AM   #36
denkigrve
Random Internet dad

Garage
One of the 20 cars is TRD 86 2008. Fuuuuuuuuu. It's either going to be a gt86 or ae86. I hate GameStop but I think they just got my preorder. Making 1 million credits shouldn't take long.

Also BFF, I was playing on my controller last night. I find the wheel more confusing since I can't feel the forces of the car. Plus the cables hanging in front of the TV are distracting as hell.

I need to find my BT headset. It's most definitely not charged.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:38 AM   #37
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Nice, glad you sorted it out. I just slapped a bunch of crap on it for fun like that wing.

BigFatFlip and anyone else who wants to race, planning on racing again tonight at 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denkigrve
Sweeeet. Thanks dude. I removed the wing and turbo and painted it blue. I think it's hilarious you're stuck with the panda coloring though. lol. I adjusted your suspension settings as well. Typically most AE86 tunes have stiffer front springs and softer rear springs as well as a 1 degree negative camber up front. The car definitely gets a tad tail happy at times, but it's what made those cars so much fun!

Quote:
I'm old and lazy
Old 06-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #38
overlookedx

Drives: 2015 WRB Limited
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
oh haha then that worked out pretty well considering you couldn't hear us. We thought you could at least hear us. We were trying to guess how many PP your first race car was, assuming it is modded to match your own car (ours were as well that first race) it was much faster than ours... though that might be a question of tire choice as well as power adders. Then we saw you switched to an FR-S with sports hards so we assumed you had gone bone stock so that's what we did. And that turned out to be a good even race at least between you and Clipdat haha.

Next time if you (or anyone else who joins us) don't have headset you can at the least use the chat mode to send us text or you can even plug in a USB keyboard to the PS3 to type stuff.
That's pretty funny. I mean, I could hear you guys but just barely, especially above my exhaust. I stopped on track for a second to try to listen and I think I heard you trying to explain something to me but I couldn't tell what you were saying above the sound of my engine idling plus street noise from outside. That first car I used has every power adder (too bad you can't add a turbo hehe) you can buy for the car, and I'm on the softest race tires, so not exactly where I am in real life but a lot more fun to drive!

Funny on that second race when me and Clipdat got into it before the first turn even! I swear his must have been modded a little bit cause he was catching up to me from the start line which doesn't make sense with two bone stock cars. And I swear he was gonna overtake me right before the finish line on the final lap!

I'll be on again tonight, probably won't have to bail early either so we can get in a good amount of racing.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:45 AM   #39
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Yeah I looked later at the car config and what happened is that I switched back the air filter and exhaust to make it stock thinking those where the only two things I had changed to mimic my actual car, but realized I also added the 6-speed close ratio transmission and forgot to switch that back!

Quote:
I'm old and lazy
Old 06-27-2013, 12:00 PM   #40
PMok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
Yeah I looked later at the car config and what happened is that I switched back the air filter and exhaust to make it stock thinking those where the only two things I had changed to mimic my actual car, but realized I also added the 6-speed close ratio transmission and forgot to switch that back!
Ha now I don't feel as bad not being on pace lol.
I might not be on at 6 but if you guys will be on a while I might be able to join. But I'm actually supposed to meet up with Kamaka some point today.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:34 PM   #41
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Thanked 3,796 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Ha now I don't feel as bad not being on pace lol.
I might not be on at 6 but if you guys will be on a while I might be able to join. But I'm actually supposed to meet up with Kamaka some point today.
Same here, I may still be at work at 6, I'll try to get on around 7/7:30 if you guys are still around, if not, I'll probably just get some practice since I'm pretty rusty.
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:49 PM   #42
PMok

FYI there's a new psn system update required today. Factor that as a delay to getting online this evening.