follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southern California

Southern California SoCal

User Tag List

Old 10-31-2013, 02:21 PM   #477
rhythmM

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited MT - White
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roroskis View Post
Gotcha. Let us know how long it takes you to get yours!
Mines went on the truck Monday (of this week). Couple days later, it arrives at my work place Wednesday (of this week)!!! It only took a couple days to ship to SD(CA) from CO!!

Did the best I could do to check for damages and stuff, haven't found anything but we will see this weekend when I have time to really wash it and see better.

rhythmM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:13 PM   #478
robot
There are now 2 carseats!

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Saw a wrb in Coronado today with Lithia plates. Must've just got it.
robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:47 PM   #479
roroskis

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmM View Post
Mines went on the truck Monday (of this week). Couple days later, it arrives at my work place Wednesday (of this week)!!! It only took a couple days to ship to SD(CA) from CO!!

Did the best I could do to check for damages and stuff, haven't found anything but we will see this weekend when I have time to really wash it and see better.

Sweet!! Two days is not long at all. Enjoy the car! I'm putting in the paperwork today, so hopefully I'll have it by mid next week!
roroskis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:21 AM   #480
FlyLow

Drives: Biking
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Sweet!! Two days is not long at all. Enjoy the car! I'm putting in the paperwork today, so hopefully I'll have it by mid next week!
When you say put in the paperwork, do you mean you applied for financing or you've received documents from Dawn and filled them out? I was told if I try outside financing instead of going through Heuberger Motors, it can take 2 to 3 weeks like another buyer right now.

I wonder if it would be easier and faster to just get a cashier's check for the cost of the car.
FlyLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:45 AM   #481
roroskis

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyLow View Post
When you say put in the paperwork, do you mean you applied for financing or you've received documents from Dawn and filled them out? I was told if I try outside financing instead of going through Heuberger Motors, it can take 2 to 3 weeks like another buyer right now.

I wonder if it would be easier and faster to just get a cashier's check for the cost of the car.
The latter, I received them this morning, signed them, then sent back off this afternoon.

Going into talking with Dawn I already had preapproval from my credit union, but I applied for financing with Heuberger anyway. Turns out they were able to beat my rate by quite a bit, so I went with Heuberger instead.

It's also way more convenient because if I had done it with my credit union, I would have had to exchange some paperwork back and forth between the credit union and Heuberger, whereas with Heuberger it's all done and taken care of.

Even if you're preapproved elsewhere, I would recommend at least applying for financing at Heuberger and seeing what they can do for you. From what I've heard and from my own experience, it usually works out better!
Old 11-01-2013, 02:56 AM   #482
tonylop33
Certified Car Nut

Drives: 2013 BRZ WRB Limited 6MT
Quote:
The latter, I received them this morning, signed them, then sent back off this afternoon.

Going into talking with Dawn I already had preapproval from my credit union, but I applied for financing with Heuberger anyway. Turns out they were able to beat my rate by quite a bit, so I went with Heuberger instead.

It's also way more convenient because if I had done it with my credit union, I would have had to exchange some paperwork back and forth between the credit union and Heuberger, whereas with Heuberger it's all done and taken care of.

Even if you're preapproved elsewhere, I would recommend at least applying for financing at Heuberger and seeing what they can do for you. From what I've heard and from my own experience, it usually works out better!
This was my exact experience. They beat my pre-approved loan rate. Made the process simpler.

Prior cars: 2011 GT-R (still owned), 2007 Saleen Parnelli Jones Mustang, 2007 Mini Cooper S, 2004 MazdaSpeed Miata Turbo, 2003 G35 Sports Coupe, 2002 WRX, 2001 Z28 SS, 2000 300ZX, 1995 BMW M3, 1882 Nissan 280ZX, 1981 RX7, 1978 Camaro Z28, 1968 Shelby GT 350
tonylop33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #483
FlyLow

Quote:

E
I was pre-approved by my bank for a lower interest rate, Heuberger wasn't able to beat or meet the rate I was getting. If I go through Heuberger, I would also have to pay a finance fee of ~$600.

What paperwork would have to be exchanged between your credit union and Heuberger? Wouldn't you just send them a check for whatever the agreed cost is?

Did anybody pay for the tax at Heuberger also? Or was the tax paid when registering in California?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #484
tonylop33
Certified Car Nut

Drives: 2013 BRZ WRB Limited 6MT
Quote:
I was pre-approved by my bank for a lower interest rate, Heuberger wasn't able to beat or meet the rate I was getting. If I go through Heuberger, I would also have to pay a finance fee of ~$600.

What paperwork would have to be exchanged between your credit union and Heuberger? Wouldn't you just send them a check for whatever the agreed cost is?

Did anybody pay for the tax at Heuberger also? Or was the tax paid when registering in California?

Thanks in advance.
Check your pms. You might be interpreting finance charge incorrectly.

As described in the first post (somewhere) you will pay the dealer the tax at the rate for your city in California where you live. The paperwork they send you about 7-10 days after the car arrives will include a cashiers check made out to DMV for that tax amount. You will then only pay the registration fee after handing them cashiers check.

Prior cars: 2011 GT-R (still owned), 2007 Saleen Parnelli Jones Mustang, 2007 Mini Cooper S, 2004 MazdaSpeed Miata Turbo, 2003 G35 Sports Coupe, 2002 WRX, 2001 Z28 SS, 2000 300ZX, 1995 BMW M3, 1882 Nissan 280ZX, 1981 RX7, 1978 Camaro Z28, 1968 Shelby GT 350
tonylop33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tonylop33 For This Useful Post:
FlyLow (11-02-2013)
Old 11-01-2013, 11:15 PM   #485
PMok
Codename: Stitch

Drives: 91 MR2; 06 IS350; 16 BRZ; 18 CX-5
Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,307 Posts
Mentioned: 462 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:

Thanks in advance.
I also was pre-approved and they couldn't beat the rate I had. There isn't much additional paperwork involved, though perhaps there is a inherent delay of a few days. They send you the paperwork and give you the final agreed cost, and then you have to get your bank to cut the check for the agreed cost, and send that back to the dealership along with your signed papers. So at least 2 days spent sending things back and forth.
If they're saying there is more delay than that, it's probably a ploy to encourage you to finance through them... after all that is another means of revenue for any dealership.

and tony covered the tax question above.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:47 AM   #486
FlyLow

Thank you guys for clearing that up. I did misunderstand the finance charge, it's basically what you end up paying total in interest over the life of the loan.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:15 AM   #487
andrew1021

Drives: 2014 WRB BRZ
Quote:

That's my WRB behind yours! I got mine the same day as you. Been enjoying the car the last few days.
andrew1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #488
rhythmM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew1021 View Post
That's my WRB behind yours! I got mine the same day as you. Been enjoying the car the last few days.
Awesome man!! I was checking out your car too haha. I have been enjoying mines the past few days as well. If I see your car driving around I'll hook and say "YO!"
Old 11-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #489
roroskis

Quote:
Awesome man!! I was checking out your car too haha. I have been enjoying mines the past few days as well. If I see your car driving around I'll hook and say "YO!"
Hey rhythm! Quick question about shipping. I just got the word that my car is being shipped out today and will arrive towards the end of the week. During the time that your car was being shipped, were you able to track it at all? Or did you just wait until the driver gave you the call beforehand? Thanks!
Old 11-04-2013, 07:03 PM   #490
rhythmM

Quote:
Hey rhythm! Quick question about shipping. I just got the word that my car is being shipped out today and will arrive towards the end of the week. During the time that your car was being shipped, were you able to track it at all? Or did you just wait until the driver gave you the call beforehand? Thanks!
I just waited. I called the company the day after I knew my car was getting shipped to ask for an ETA and the drivers number though.

Tags
brz, buying, california, colorado, msrp