follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 06-13-2013, 01:42 AM   #57
shaggy

Drives: Argento FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I gave up doing blow off of hookers' breasts! Still waiting to see if it was worth it.
shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:21 AM   #58
Drftfan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitigir View Post
Lol.....they are not legal in the states sir. They will be after 25 years old, which will be 2014 and you can import 1988 (first year production) r32 and register them in the states. Need more ? They were limited imported to the states for shows purposed, and not legalized for transportation uses

Also i like how ignorant you are about ignoring those videos professionally testes genuinely by the Japanese people.

ignorant

I see your signature by now, that u are a nissan fanboy lol...no wonder. Sorry, there is no need to argue with a fan-boy.

They were legal. Motorex in California brought them into the states LEGALLY back in the mid to late nineties.
Motorex ended up getting shut down. Here is the link to them. At the bottom of the page they also stated how they brought them in legally.
There is/was one here in Colorado and I found one up in North Dakota two years ago.
The one in Colorado I have seen on the road multiple times. If you weren't into the scene when Motorex was around then you have no idea what the big deal was back then. The fact you could buy, register and drive a skyline on US roads was covered by every tuner magazine that was around at the time. And yes R32, 33's and 34's could be purchased.
No offense but please do some research before spouting off some very bad information.
http://motorex.net/motorex.html
And even better article on the rise, legalization and downfall of Motorex.
http://skylinegt-r.wikidot.com/0-60mrex
Drftfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:32 AM   #59
Sgt.Beardface
OMOH O2

Drives: Midget Women Crazy!!
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drftfan View Post
They were legal. Motorex in California brought them into the states LEGALLY back in the mid to late nineties.
Motorex ended up getting shut down. Here is the link to them. At the bottom of the page they also stated how they brought them in legally.
There is/was one here in Colorado and I found one up in North Dakota two years ago.
The one in Colorado I have seen on the road multiple times. If you weren't into the scene when Motorex was around then you have no idea what the big deal was back then. The fact you could buy, register and drive a skyline on US roads was covered by every tuner magazine that was around at the time. And yes R32, 33's and 34's could be purchased.
No offense but please do some research before spouting off some very bad information.
There are two 34's in Charleston SC. They are regularly driven, licensed, etc. I am confused.

-Chuck

I calls her Mrs. Lohan LIKE A SIR!!
Sgt.Beardface is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sgt.Beardface For This Useful Post:
TRD-X (06-13-2013)
Old 06-13-2013, 07:59 AM   #60
Whitigir
Banned

Drives: 450 awhp twin turbo vr4
Quote:

The law remains unchanged, 25 years to import those legally into the states. So 2014, u can import 1988 one.

I did said they were imported for shows only, not for regular transporting means.

After M shut down, those are being cited here and there.

The fact = those vehicles never met Safety standard in the states, nor emission. Those are the reasons why they are not legal.

No offense, keep on wiki and googling, it is fun, and make a man knowledgable (they think so)

Keep on trolling bro.
Whitigir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:12 AM   #61
TRD-X

Drives: Da-Big Banana
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.Beardface View Post
There are two 34's in Charleston SC. They are regularly driven, licensed, etc. I am confused.

-Chuck

Yep sure are as I've seen them also.

Someone on this thread doesn't know what they are talking about.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #62
Drftfan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD-X View Post
Yep sure are as I've seen them also.

Someone on this thread doesn't know what they are talking about.
Yep and he still chooses to spout his bad info. Here's an idea... READ the article. I was around back then. Pretty obvious you weren't.

Oh and I forgot about the ones in Charleston. I only saw one but I can believe there were two.
Drftfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:28 AM   #63
Vides990

Drives: 13 BRZ (sold) 20 BRZ TS (sold)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Motorex got shut down because they were lying, breaking laws, and were not following process. Motorex forged the crash tests they supposedly put their cars through because they didn't have the cash flow to destroy cars that they wanted to sell. The R33's that motorex brought in were actually allowed to be kept by the owners because they did do a full crash report on that model year, but the R32, and R34 data got forged from the R33 reports. There are other grey areas that can get the cars into the states but you really running on borrowed time if its not a track only car....basically if you don't have an R33 or R35 GTR, its not street legal (whether people have gotten them registered or not is on a state by state basis).
Vides990 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vides990 For This Useful Post:
Whitigir (06-13-2013)
Old 06-13-2013, 09:45 AM   #64
shiumai

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ, 2020 C8 Corvette
Thanked 1,893 Times in 787 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceboy View Post
i gave an arm and a leg for this car and then realize i needed it to shift
that's why i bought an AT.
shiumai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:55 AM   #65
Kwaziekeller

Drives: '13 Argento MT FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I cant say I "gave it up" but I did trade it in on my FR-S. I had a '07 Charger SRT8 with a Procharger P1-SC-1 running 6.2psi and 497whp SAE. Got to the point where it was going to cost too much money to make the Charger quicker. Already destroyed one factory differential and the trans wasn't too happy. A built trans and upgraded rear end so I could run DR's/Slicks would cost me nearly as much as the FR-S! Plus 500whp is nice, 497 for the prudes out there, but at 4200+lbs and getting a whopping 20mpg... I'll gladly trade for a 2700lb car that's still RWD and handles better (debatable, but I wasn't comfy pushing that big of a car in the bends). Anywho... a few pics...

PS... buying 315/35R20 tires every year gets old quick lol
Old 06-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #66
I usually post drunk

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
315/35 sounds like a comfy ride compared to getting 255/35 for a standard 86 18 inch wheel.

I wonder if chevy could reduce the weight significantly what would peoples perception of heavy muscle cars be
#87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:37 AM   #67
naikaidriver

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S AT Asphalt
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitigir View Post
Oh, and how did you own r32 here in the states ? Talk about troll.
I lived in Japan for 5 1/2 years as a government contractor you moron. Here is a picture of me and my friend Jon outside of Marine Corps Airstation Iwakuni, Japan with our GTRs.

Scott
Old 06-13-2013, 02:05 PM   #68
Whitigir
Banned

Drives: 450 awhp twin turbo vr4
Quote:
Originally Posted by naikaidriver View Post
I lived in Japan for 5 1/2 years as a government contractor you moron. Here is a picture of me and my friend Jon outside of Marine Corps Airstation Iwakuni, Japan with our GTRs.

Scott
Thanks for your service.

I see a fan boy as well. Good to know u aint trolling
Whitigir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:44 PM   #69
Sitha

Drives: Scion FRS (pearl white) slap shift
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Lol'd
Sitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:17 PM   #70
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
having had seat time in both a 3000gt VR4 and a R32 GTR. there is no comparsion the GTR is a muc more capable car.

but believe what you want

and btw I'm a Toyota fanboy so yea.

also from Canada where R32 have been roaming the streets for a long ass time. We already got R33s up here and will have R34s soon as well.