follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 03-10-2017, 12:23 PM   #1233
TylerLieberman

Drives: '24 GR86
Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,577 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rougenite View Post
Was an in car film though, so idk. I remember the first vehicle I put together. It was a sub 10 second 78 K5 with a 350. We welded the dif. Hated that the tire was drug during a turn.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4XKRHLfJ94"]FR-S drift @ mineral wells - YouTube[/ame]

This one? If so, yep. That was the 2nd event I ever did with the car. I had just gotten the alignment done like 2 days before haha
TylerLieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 04:38 PM   #1234
Rougenite

Drives: Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
That's the one! I noticed the posted name when I was looking for Mineral Wells track vids.
Rougenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 12:25 PM   #1235
TylerLieberman

Trip down memory lane.

I thought I had lost all my old footage since I didn't have my old computer anymore. Managed to find where I saved it all in the cloud and threw it together in a quick video on my iphone lol.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o4xBhq9FJg"]FRS Drift Compilation - YouTube[/ame]

All from the first few months of ownership when the car still was stock power and angle and old suspension setup. Maybe I need to just buy another one already
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TylerLieberman For This Useful Post:
ajaxthebetter (03-19-2017), Shinchu (03-13-2017)
Old 03-12-2017, 11:40 PM   #1236
Rougenite

Drives: Raven FR-S
Is it bad that I thought about buying a 2017, Just so I could have a DD and a 'mod friendly' 86?
Rougenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 12:52 AM   #1237
FLESH KILLA
Mr Cool Guy

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S (Raven)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rougenite View Post
Is it bad that I thought about buying a 2017, Just so I could have a DD and a 'mod friendly' 86?
Nope, been trying to figure out how I can afford a 2nd 86 as a daily. Can't get past the insurance tho lol 😛

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 03-13-2017, 12:44 PM   #1238
rin

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerLieberman View Post
Follow my other ig page: @tougefriends.jp

I'll be posting pics and videos and stuff while I'm there.
Why only S Chassis bruh? Next to no Toyota love! LOL naw I love accounts like this because he shows the new generation how shit was before the internet!
Old 03-13-2017, 01:15 PM   #1239
TylerLieberman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rin View Post
Why only S Chassis bruh? Next to no Toyota love! LOL naw I love accounts like this because he shows the new generation how shit was before the internet!
Lol there's some Mazda and Toyota and Subaru in there too. It's all jsut focused on cars (mostly D1) from the early 2000s. Most of those cars were S chassis.

Right now is FC3S week too, so nothing but Mazda this week. I'll be finished with all of the chassis' weeks come May.

Then I'm probably going to switch up to a lot more of the touge/time attack cars instead of drifting on the page for a while. Start showing some different cars and stuff.

I don't want to repost the same stuff over and over like a lot of other pages do.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:57 PM   #1240
Shinchu

Drives: 2016 FR-S Asphault MT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
ah, the good old days... commonly referred to as 2001. before the times of LS swaps. back when the cars were all built by the drivers.

and yes, you should just get another frs!
if you are into FC3S, my buddy Jon "oilcover" Jimison has (had?) a dope yellow one. sound familiar?

http://www.poweredbymax.net/
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:25 PM   #1241
TylerLieberman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
ah, the good old days... commonly referred to as 2001. before the times of LS swaps. back when the cars were all built by the drivers.

if you are into FC3S, my buddy Jon "oilcover" Jimison has (had?) a dope yellow one. sound familiar?
Idk. If I saw a picture of the car, I might know who you're talking about.

I'll probably get another project car when I finish school and then get settled into a house, which is a good 2-3 years. I'm really thinking a kouki BRZ, or maybe a 240/FC if the right one came along at the right time.

We'll see though. I'm still really enjoying my STI. About to finally buy wheels for it too! #finally
Old 03-13-2017, 04:06 PM   #1242
rin

Quote:

LOL Yes Shinchu! I haven't heard of Team Hinga in a long time since the original club4ag! Do you guys have any stickers laying around?
Old 03-14-2017, 11:57 PM   #1243
bryanttttttta

Drives:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgqsNT7ding"]Slide Factory Balcony Event - YouTube[/ame]

Balcony @WSIR
3/11/17
Beginner Drift Clinic + Adv Bash
Hosted by www.slidefactory.org

Co-Founder of SlideFactoryInc Grip/Drift Events
www.slidefactory.org
bryanttttttta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 12:58 PM   #1244
Shinchu

Drives: 2016 FR-S Asphault MT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rin View Post
LOL Yes Shinchu! I haven't heard of Team Hinga in a long time since the original club4ag! Do you guys have any stickers laying around?

dude. why have I not thought of putting hinga stickers on this car until you said that?

maybe because I have no idea how to source any at the moment. Hinga has been spread so thin and quite frankly we have all gotten... old. not many of us doing the thing anymore. Chris aka OkinawaLevin was the design guy. he recently came back stateside and been sorting his life. I could just get some made but I would want to get in touch with Chris and Booney, maybe some others to see if A)do we still have some laying around B)do we just make more with a new design or stick to the classic?

LOL tl;dr: no, but I'd love to!

http://www.poweredbymax.net/
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 02:46 PM   #1245
rin

Quote:
dude. why have I not thought of putting hinga stickers on this car until you said that?

maybe because I have no idea how to source any at the moment. Hinga has been spread so thin and quite frankly we have all gotten... old. not many of us doing the thing anymore. Chris aka OkinawaLevin was the design guy. he recently came back stateside and been sorting his life. I could just get some made but I would want to get in touch with Chris and Booney, maybe some others to see if A)do we still have some laying around B)do we just make more with a new design or stick to the classic?

LOL tl;dr: no, but I'd love to!
Do both! Yeah if you did, I would totally be down to buy some! I'm on my sticker collecting game now that i'm on this new chassis. I'm actually going to Japan in 3 weeks and gonna be out there for a month. Final Bout Japan is happening at Mikawa on the 16th, which is about the same time i'm gonna be in Nagoya for 2 days. Hopefully I can make the hr and half trek!
Old 03-15-2017, 03:41 PM   #1246
TylerLieberman

Quote:

maybe because I have no idea how to source any at the moment. Hinga has been spread so thin and quite frankly we have all gotten... old. not many of us doing the thing anymore.
Same applies for a lot of the OG guys. Aaron, Brian, Lindsay (Pink Godzira) aren't really doing any drifting or car stuff anymore. Same with a variety of people between CA, AZ, HI, and other places.

They've all moved on and started doing different stuff. Growing old makes you lame (edit: wise)