follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 02-03-2011, 06:19 PM   #29
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,056 Times in 8,329 Posts
Mentioned: 678 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
^Oh I will! I will (even tho I haven't watch all the Sailor Moon series)... I rather watch Card Capture Sakura over Sailor Moon... actually, I rather not watch neither one.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:53 PM   #30
Dark
Elite Padawan

Drives: '15 WRX, 15 GLA250, and 2 feet
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
^Oh I will! I will (even tho I haven't watch all the Sailor Moon series)... I rather watch Card Capture Sakura over Sailor Moon... actually, I rather not watch neither one.
Look, when I was 10, I had no choice. There are some violence+bloody anime and Sailor Moon series. Do you think a 10 year old kid like to watch bloody anime?

It just reminds of Sailor Moon, but I'm not really into it. 10episodes at best. I was a big fan of Dragon Ball or s.th like that afterward. Now I'm into Gundam Series, Fullmetal Alchemist, Naruto, and Code Geass.

Back to the topic, I'd never thought that people could find that the magic sticks are related to Subaru's front ends. LOL
Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:11 PM   #31
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
Look, when I was 10, I had no choice. There are some violence+bloody anime and Sailor Moon series. Do you think a 10 year old kid like to watch bloody anime?

It just reminds of Sailor Moon, but I'm not really into it. 10episodes at best. I was a big fan of Dragon Ball or s.th like that afterward. Now I'm into Gundam Series, Fullmetal Alchemist, Naruto, and Code Geass.

Back to the topic, I'd never thought that people could find that the magic sticks are related to Subaru's front ends. LOL
Sure, sure, I'm pretty sure you loved looking that Usagi's transformation.

Hm... My friend is into Gundam, but I don't really care for em (even tho I have almost all the Gundam series). FMA, I have watch all of em (including the movie), love that VA cast, but never got into the series. Naruto, love the chara (other than Naruto), but stop watching them. Code Geass series were awesome! Lelouch was so cool! He's my fav male chara for sure. Code Geass crazy part for me is chara design was done by Clamp.

Yes, those otakus are crazy. They have way too much time in their hand... well, actually most of otakus are NEET, so I guess they have all the time in the world.

btw, wasn't there an Anime thread in the forum? Hm... maybe I need to bring it back from the dead?
If you're into Robot series, recently robot series call Super Robot Taisen OG. iirc they're in epi 17 (out of 24).
Old 02-03-2011, 07:51 PM   #32
Allch Chcar

Drives: N/A
Quote:

I didn't watch Anime until I was much older since we rarely had TV. But if'n we had Telebision, most Anime would have been banned since even the kiddy stuff is usually over the top. When I think of what my significantly young cousins watch I just .

Watching FMA Brotherhood with sisters, magnificent compared to the first attempt. If'n we get hi-speed wireless at my house I'm getting back into some Anime watching .

If you want something more mature than Sailor moon you're looking at ecchi. Claymore is a popular one and quite frankly I regret watching it as far as I did, like 20 something episodes. What has been seen cannot be unseen .

And I doubt this one for Anime would hurt anything. You're not going to find a better thread title for an anime discussion than,
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05
WTF? Subaru x Gainax Project?
Allch Chcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:01 PM   #33
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allch Chcar View Post
If you want something more mature than Sailor moon you're looking at ecchi.
No, no, no. There's a lot more mature anime that isn't ecchi. For a good example Yakushiji Ryoko no Kaiki Jikenbo, Monster, Bartender and list just goes on and on.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:07 PM   #34
NikostC
JDM Enthusiast

Drives: Scion tC
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Code Geass is def one of my fav's along with Neon Genesis Evangelion none of that Sailor Moon stuf for me LMAO
NikostC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:13 PM   #35
Dark
Elite Padawan

Drives: '15 WRX, 15 GLA250, and 2 feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikostC View Post
Code Geass is def one of my fav's along with Neon Genesis Evangelion none of that Sailor Moon stuf for me LMAO
Well dude, I shared that big ass CRT tv with my sis back in the day, what can I do? Now I just go in animefreak.tv and check for Fullmetal Alchemist (brotherhood, of course).
Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:25 PM   #36
NikostC
JDM Enthusiast

Drives: Scion tC
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Well dude, I shared that big ass CRT tv with my sis back in the day, what can I do? Now I just go in animefreak.tv and check for Fullmetal Alchemist (brotherhood, of course).
Yeah i remember those TV's. FMA is pretty good too i watched a few episodes on Netflix (while I had it) on the PS3
NikostC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:57 PM   #37
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
I love been only child back then. I had a TV all to myself.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:36 PM   #38
Allch Chcar

Drives: N/A
Quote:
I love been only child back then. I had a TV all to myself.
Man, you have no idea what you missed out on . I grew up with 4 younger siblings all female. The few times I got control of the television was early mornings and later in the evening. Needless to say I watched a lot of Disney movies and saw more of Kim Possible than I wanted to . The big point for Anime is that I can download it to a computer and watch it privately. And Anime is about the only thing I still have in common with the older of the siblings specifically: Chobits, Fruits Basket, FMA the first attempt and now Brotherhood.
Allch Chcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:58 PM   #39
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allch Chcar View Post
Man, you have no idea what you missed out on . I grew up with 4 younger siblings all female. The few times I got control of the television was early mornings and later in the evening. Needless to say I watched a lot of Disney movies and saw more of Kim Possible than I wanted to . The big point for Anime is that I can download it to a computer and watch it privately. And Anime is about the only thing I still have in common with the older of the siblings specifically: Chobits, Fruits Basket, FMA the first attempt and now Brotherhood.
ah... Fruits Basket, that's good series too.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:32 PM   #40
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Here's lil update on this anime and Subie... I guess, this anime did hit the certain Otaku's spot and those Otakus are buying Subaru cars... Here's info from one of the site: Pleiades Fans Buying Subaru

Quote:
Fans of mahou shoujo anime Houkago no Pleiades are buying Subaru automobiles in droves (if 4 cars constitutes a drove).
2ch has seen at least 4 fans of the show posting up the receipts for cars they bought out of a sense of mahou shoujo appreciation, for models ranging in price from $15,000 to over $35,000:

The anime’s production was bankrolled by Subaru, and each character in fact owes subtle aspects of their design to Subaru models.
The direct proceeds from the sales of 4 cars are of course unlikely to fund the production of an anime, but the effect on brand awareness and perception amongst the car-shy youth of Japan may well make it a worthwhile investment as an advertising campaign, and certainly make Subaru the premier maker for anime fans (or those willing to make a $30,000 purchase on the basis of a cartoon at any rate).
I guess, it did work for Subaru... what's next Toyota gonna co-join w anime studio and make an another mahou shoujo anime?
Old 02-22-2011, 11:49 PM   #41
Want.FR-S

Drives: 4 Wheels Auto
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Here's lil update on this anime and Subie... I guess, this anime did hit the certain Otaku's spot and those Otakus are buying Subaru cars... Here's info from one of the site: Pleiades Fans Buying Subaru

I guess, it did work for Subaru... what's next Toyota gonna co-join w anime studio and make an another mahou shoujo anime?
I had this idea for quite a while for Toyota, and might as well just post it. Here is my million-dollar idea of the new FT-86 commercial for Toyota:

At a regular night, Takumi Fujiwara is driving on that Akina down-hill touge, after winning the final race with that NSX or whatever one. Then, a fast car was approaching from the back. It is a new blue FT-86 coming to him for a race.

So they go for a race and Takumi cannot shake it off. And once they reach that 5 consequtive hair-pin sections, both cars are using the tranches to enter and exit corners, and then FT-86 was able to speed away from the corner faster than Takumi's AE86.

(so the race scene is just the repeat of Takumi vs Bunta, and we all know who is driving the FT-86.)

So then Takumi is defeated, again, by that mysterious driver with a blue car. When he gets home this time, he finds that FT-86 is parked in their driveway and Bunta is smoking outside. Then Bunta said:

Bunta: Takumi, since Project D has come to an end, you should graduate from this old 86 now. Here is the new 86 that I got from my old friend (Tsuchiya's voice in the background) and it will be your new ride. Feel the technological advance of the last 20 years.

I think this should tie very well for the Initial-D (anime) and Toyota (car manufacturer) and it should be an instant success for fans around the world.

Now you have it. I hope this is the world premiere of this idea, and I can almost see this commercial in the near future.
Want.FR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:21 PM   #42
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want.FR-S View Post
I had this idea for quite a while for Toyota, and might as well just post it. Here is my million-dollar idea of the new FT-86 commercial for Toyota:

At a regular night, Takumi Fujiwara is driving on that Akina down-hill touge, after winning the final race with that NSX or whatever one. Then, a fast car was approaching from the back. It is a new blue FT-86 coming to him for a race.

So they go for a race and Takumi cannot shake it off. And once they reach that 5 consequtive hair-pin sections, both cars are using the tranches to enter and exit corners, and then FT-86 was able to speed away from the corner faster than Takumi's AE86.

(so the race scene is just the repeat of Takumi vs Bunta, and we all know who is driving the FT-86.)

So then Takumi is defeated, again, by that mysterious driver with a blue car. When he gets home this time, he finds that FT-86 is parked in their driveway and Bunta is smoking outside. Then Bunta said:

Bunta: Takumi, since Project D has come to an end, you should graduate from this old 86 now. Here is the new 86 that I got from my old friend (Tsuchiya's voice in the background) and it will be your new ride. Feel the technological advance of the last 20 years.

I think this should tie very well for the Initial-D (anime) and Toyota (car manufacturer) and it should be an instant success for fans around the world.

Now you have it. I hope this is the world premiere of this idea, and I can almost see this commercial in the near future.
I'm not expert of making commercial... but I am fairly expert of anime. For one, can you fit all that into 30sec to 1 min? Secondly, that commercial only gonna get hyped from anime/ini-d fans, rest of the ppl won't get it. Lastly, how you going to do this? In anime or real? If anime, how to convince customer that FT86 drive like that and make it detail as possible? Real, who & where gonna do this filming?

For anime stand, it won't be a hit. No offense, but it won't. Most of anime fans/Otaku don't want to see same situation over and over (to certain level). They want something different. For a good example, ini-d. What if Takumi beat all the drivers/cars in same corner (5 hairpins). Is that make it interesting? I don't think so. Cuz you know what's gonna happen.

Not insulting your idea. Just my 2 cents.