follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 10-31-2014, 02:50 PM   #883
Chee-Hu

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Up to 69 coins now and still nothing to buy. I've only purchased the Suros the first time it was available and the Truth so far.
Chee-Hu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 02:57 PM   #884
MokSpeed
Granny Shifter

Drives: 2014 FR-S
Thanked 1,289 Times in 711 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chee-Hu View Post
Up to 69 coins now and still nothing to buy. I've only purchased the Suros the first time it was available and the Truth so far.
You're better off buying any exotic weapon Xur has to offer that you don't have. Especially with 69 strange coins to spare. With all the stupid patches and updates Bungie keeps making who knows if they'll do something to make it where those weapons won't be offered anymore in the future.
MokSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 03:04 PM   #885
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Drives: Accord 2.0T, Silverado
Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,072 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MokSpeed View Post
You're better off buying any exotic weapon Xur has to offer that you don't have. Especially with 69 strange coins to spare. With all the stupid patches and updates Bungie keeps making who knows if they'll do something to make it where those weapons won't be offered anymore in the future.
Devil's advocate here. Would you rather they stop updating and patching the game, and leave the content alone forever?
n2oinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 03:07 PM   #886
MokSpeed
Granny Shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2oinferno View Post
Devil's advocate here. Would you rather they stop updating and patching the game, and leave the content alone forever?

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGa...e_do_the_raid/

I'm going to leave this here. This person basically sums up how I feel about Destiny in a nutshell. It's a long read but totally worth it.
Old 10-31-2014, 04:04 PM   #887
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Quote:
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGa...e_do_the_raid/

I'm going to leave this here. This person basically sums up how I feel about Destiny in a nutshell. It's a long read but totally worth it.
I've read this a couple of times. I'll try to be brief.

Dude's pissed because they called it a bug? I'm assuming from his post that he doesn't work for Bungie. Just because it was working for the community in the past doesn't mean that's how it's been intended all along. And if it isn't, that's a bug. He can flail his arms and get on his soapbox with his microphone and call them liars all he wants. Doesn't mean he's right, just loud.

He's also played the game a ton. And he's mad that he's burned out, so it seems. But a trend among games now is that players will consume content far quicker than developers can generate it. Especially in MMOs, hence why they have time-gates on content in a lot of games. "I've played this game for 300 hours and now there's nothing to do!" Honestly, it sounds like he wants the type of content funnel that would be generated by an RPG with a subscription based payment method. And thank god it's not, because I've paid thousands of dollars for my WoW sub.

I'm not going to defend the fact that someone took a chainsaw to the storyline, or ignore that the game does have bugs, or that we have to get on their website or a phone app to access the lore. But the number of people complaining is a very small vocal majority of the overall playerbase. It just so happens that all of them have "nothing to do" anymore, so they sit around doing what they do best. Complain.

And then even after all of that they still buy the DLC, expansion, etc, nolife through the whole thing, and then the cycle begins anew.
Old 10-31-2014, 04:46 PM   #888
MokSpeed
Granny Shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2oinferno View Post
And then even after all of that they still buy the DLC, expansion, etc, nolife through the whole thing, and then the cycle begins anew.
Most purchased the DLC on launch day and were not expecting this gutted verison of Destiny compared to what we were promised.

While his argument may be flawed he has many valid points. Bungie's execution in updating the game as of late has been terrible. RNG is an element of every game with a loot system but it should be scaled and should not be that hard to implement. Killing a level 8 enemy should not yield the same RNG chances as a level 28. The reason people are finding all these exploits are because they have nothing left to do in the first place. On top of that, the leveling system has been left to chance. Sure some luck would be nice, but the fact that this game's leveling system relies so heavily on RNG is ridiculous. It's stupid when you can have a situation where in two level 29 players playing the exact amount of game time the player that has way less skill has the possibility of reaching level 30 before the other because he simply has more luck and got the raid gear first. The point isn't that they shouldn't fix the exploits. It's that they need to fix all the broken sh*t first and maybe people might not resort to using exploits as much.

As for his play time. 300 hours is a lot of time spent on the game. There is no arguing that at all. That being said, this does not change the fact that this game barely has enough content to warrant somebody even renting the game solely for its "storyline". As you can read he "plays the f**k" out of PvP. Just as I do. Want to know why? Because I'm tired of playing the same strikes and stories. Also, because I played this game with the intent of interacting with other gamers in an enjoyable experience. The only time this happens at this point is in a raid or when I'm playing PvP with friends.

So yes I am pissed at the way Bungie is "wording" things because so far it's just been a bunch of excuses. Just ask yourself why almost all of the entire original staff has left. Hell Frank O'Connor is still with 343 heading Halo. Needless to say I am greatly disappointed so far because this game's potential is great. I'm sure others share my opinion, but the clock is ticking because newer games are coming and they're coming fast.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:14 PM   #889
skuts?

Drives: 2013 6spd Argento FRS/1995 BMW 325i
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
I understand the frustration with the bugs that this game has but then again what game doesn't have bugs and glitches in it? I just thoroughly enjoy playing all aspects of this game, Raids/Strikes/PvE/PvP/dancing?etc. and I do believe that the bugs will be fixed eventually. It should be very obvious but DeeJ words his posts to be very vague for a reason, if he gives a specific date then everyone will rage that its taking to long or that bungie didn't stick to the specified date. Also people will always use exploits just because they want the easy way out to get the best gear with minimal effort.
skuts? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 05:17 PM   #890
wheelhaus

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2020 KTM Super Duke 1290R
Thanked 1,141 Times in 624 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Just found this, it's a month old but interesting from an employee (ex employee?) perspective on wtf happened with the story and why so much of it doesn't make sense. This is a consolidated and cleaned up repost from a big reddit thread.

http://www.bungie.net/ga/Forum/Post/70895980/0/0
wheelhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 05:23 PM   #891
MokSpeed
Granny Shifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuts? View Post
I understand the frustration with the bugs that this game has but then again what game doesn't have bugs and glitches in it? I just thoroughly enjoy playing all aspects of this game, Raids/Strikes/PvE/PvP/dancing?etc. and I do believe that the bugs will be fixed eventually. It should be very obvious but DeeJ words his posts to be very vague for a reason, if he gives a specific date then everyone will rage that its taking to long or that bungie didn't stick to the specified date. Also people will always use exploits just because they want the easy way out to get the best gear with minimal effort.

I agree people will always find exploits no matter what you do. I enjoy PvP the most out of any aspect of the game. The only reason I play PvE is because leveling is biased towards those that play it over PvP. I just find it strange how they are so quick to patch exploits found as opposed to using the time and resources invested in that into patching actual known issues. Perhaps working on fixing elements that would actually improve the game itself.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:03 PM   #892
skuts?

Drives: 2013 6spd Argento FRS/1995 BMW 325i
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelhaus View Post
Just found this, it's a month old but interesting from an employee (ex employee?) perspective on wtf happened with the story and why so much of it doesn't make sense. This is a consolidated and cleaned up repost from a big reddit thread.

http://www.bungie.net/ga/Forum/Post/70895980/0/0
The bungie PR guy has stated that this guy is just a troll, but either way I always take everything that I read on the internet with a grain of salt.
skuts? is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to skuts? For This Useful Post:
wheelhaus (10-31-2014)
Old 10-31-2014, 09:35 PM   #893
wheelhaus

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2020 KTM Super Duke 1290R
Thanked 1,141 Times in 624 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quote:
I just find it strange how they are so quick to patch exploits found as opposed to using the time and resources invested in that into patching actual known issues. Perhaps working on fixing elements that would actually improve the game itself.
I've seen this so often in so many games, and as frustrating as it is, I think it's just low hanging fruit. Its easy to make adjustments to known values, or add an invisible wall to prevent a boss from falling, but it's much much more difficult to consistently recreate freak issues that are actual bugs that sometimes behave differently on identical systems due to an enormous amount of variables.

Reminds me a little bit of EVE Online where CCP was starting to go in directions that the vast majority of players strongly objected to. It took a massive in-game player uprising/protest and thousands of account closures to humble CCP enough to start listening to the players and not only stop the changes they were making, but address almost all of the issues players had been complaining about as the next major update/expansion.
wheelhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wheelhaus For This Useful Post:
n2oinferno (11-01-2014)
Old 10-31-2014, 10:25 PM   #894
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Quote:
Most purchased the DLC on launch day and were not expecting this gutted verison of Destiny compared to what we were promised.

While his argument may be flawed he has many valid points. Bungie's execution in updating the game as of late has been terrible. RNG is an element of every game with a loot system but it should be scaled and should not be that hard to implement. Killing a level 8 enemy should not yield the same RNG chances as a level 28. The reason people are finding all these exploits are because they have nothing left to do in the first place. On top of that, the leveling system has been left to chance. Sure some luck would be nice, but the fact that this game's leveling system relies so heavily on RNG is ridiculous. It's stupid when you can have a situation where in two level 29 players playing the exact amount of game time the player that has way less skill has the possibility of reaching level 30 before the other because he simply has more luck and got the raid gear first. The point isn't that they shouldn't fix the exploits. It's that they need to fix all the broken sh*t first and maybe people might not resort to using exploits as much.

As for his play time. 300 hours is a lot of time spent on the game. There is no arguing that at all. That being said, this does not change the fact that this game barely has enough content to warrant somebody even renting the game solely for its "storyline". As you can read he "plays the f**k" out of PvP. Just as I do. Want to know why? Because I'm tired of playing the same strikes and stories. Also, because I played this game with the intent of interacting with other gamers in an enjoyable experience. The only time this happens at this point is in a raid or when I'm playing PvP with friends.

So yes I am pissed at the way Bungie is "wording" things because so far it's just been a bunch of excuses. Just ask yourself why almost all of the entire original staff has left. Hell Frank O'Connor is still with 343 heading Halo. Needless to say I am greatly disappointed so far because this game's potential is great. I'm sure others share my opinion, but the clock is ticking because newer games are coming and they're coming fast.
So basically, this game has more in common with an ARPG than an MMO as far as RNG drops go, although a bit of Guild Wars 2 in there, since drops are scaled to your level and not the mobs. It's not a new idea at all.

But here's the thing, the argument is "fix the broken shit." They are. An IT team absolutely does not drop everything and get every last coder on a bug to fix it. It'll get assigned to a team and the others will continue their work. Ever hear the phrase 'too many cooks spoil the broth?'

And then we get down to people thinking their time is worth $X amount. So, ok, this game isn't worth a rental for the story and 60 bucks. For some people that's true, sure. But then I imagine they would be disappointed in almost every other FPS available if you go solely on time-to-completion. Granted, the story isn't finished, and anyone keeping up with the game at all should know that a ten year IP isn't going to get wrapped up in the first game either. But I would say that just going through everything alone, it was probably about on par with the length of sixty dollar games. Hell, I've paid ten bucks for a game I beat in an hour.

edit: And based on RNG.. You're not going to get any sympathy from me, sorry. I've done raids countless times in MMOs only to see the stuff I want never drop. Never. And then if it does drop someone else outrolls me on need for an offspec.
Old 11-02-2014, 11:11 AM   #895
f0rge
head of infinite swagger

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT
Garage
Stupid Atheon!

Got past the Gatekeepers last night but people kept dropping from our party...so annoying.

One day...you will go down...one day...
2013 Ultramarine FR-S 6MT - Car Journal - SOLD
2004 AlpineWhite M3 6MT - SOLD
f0rge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 01:16 PM   #896
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Drives: 2002 AP1 and 2015 F-150 EB (DD)
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by f0rge View Post
Stupid Atheon!

Got past the Gatekeepers last night but people kept dropping from our party...so annoying.

One day...you will go down...one day...
Did you all end up playing on hard mode? How long did you all play for?
53Driver is offline   Reply With Quote