follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 06-05-2012, 11:09 PM   #71
LeavingNormal
FRS2DTH

Drives: Hot Lava 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Apparently it threatened someone's masculinity today, cuz someone in an older mustang was checkin it out at the light, and then he did a burn out once the light changed. It was all sorts of unneccary, like ok maybe squeal you're tired a little. But do you really have to leave a cloud of smoke at the intersection?
LeavingNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeavingNormal For This Useful Post:
Billy2224 (06-19-2012), YukiHachiRoku (06-05-2012)
Old 06-05-2012, 11:13 PM   #72
YukiHachiRoku
Lex Luger

Drives: 2004 GS430
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingNormal View Post
Apparently it threatened someone's masculinity today, cuz someone in an older mustang was checkin it out at the light, and then he did a burn out once the light changed. It was all sorts of unneccary, like ok maybe squeal you're tired a little. But do you really have to leave a cloud of smoke at the intersection?
This is normal lol
YukiHachiRoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:20 PM   #73
DatDudeLoso

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Raven
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
within 5 mins of me on the road, 3 guys and a chick took pics of me in it. within an hour i was stopped by 5 guys asking "how is it?!?!" I think I might get annoyed, truthfully.
DatDudeLoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:31 PM   #74
YukiHachiRoku
Lex Luger

Drives: 2004 GS430
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatDudeLoso View Post
within 5 mins of me on the road, 3 guys and a chick took pics of me in it. within an hour i was stopped by 5 guys asking "how is it?!?!" I think I might get annoyed, truthfully.
aw, I only got one pic so far this week by some kids cruising by in an audi a4 wagon, lol
YukiHachiRoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:37 PM   #75
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Drives: Zenki 37J ZN6
Thanked 9,397 Times in 5,261 Posts
Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
The first night I had it a xB puls up after getting behind me real fast and screams if it was an FRS.

Today I picked up an oil filter at Oakland Toyota/Subaru/etc and a salesguy was taking a pic of it when I came out.
finch1750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:59 PM   #76
eriktherod

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Firestorm Red MT
Garage
Just picked mine up this evening in Firestorm Red (what a color, pics do NOT do it justice!). Went with family to an Outback down the street and my brother riding shotgun with me was laughing at all the people staring as we pulled in.

I was at the dealership for a while and it was the centerpiece everyone was crowding around. About half a dozen employees congratulated me on it and kept staring at it going "damn, that's a nice car... that red..."
eriktherod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:01 AM   #77
random

Drives: Multiple
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
This behavior has little to do with your car. It's really just the bozos with a bad attitude in an old school muscle car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatDudeLoso View Post
Aww come on. Enjoy getting your ego stroked while it lasts.
random is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to random For This Useful Post:
Quentin (06-08-2012)
Old 06-06-2012, 01:41 AM   #78
FRSPirate

Drives: 13 Scion FRS Raven M/T, 05 Raven R6
Garage
I had some 52 yr old guy talk my ear off for about an hour on day 1...he drove a miata daily and track. He said if the new miata turns out looking ugly like the recent ones he might switch to an FRS.

Another older guy walked by and said "hot car?...ive got a boner" and kept walking...i put him on the questionable list.

Some kid was dropping off his gf near my friends house and strait just put his evo in reverse, pulled up next to my car and asked wtf was that.

I went to my exhaust guy and when i pulled up he said "WTF is that!".. I said a scion he said "no fwking way thats a scion."

Another kid followed me through a friends neighborhood and asked if it was a BRZ then spent the next 15 min gawking at the car.

In all i would say the car definitely gets peoples attention and all the feedback i get is good.
FRSPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FRSPirate For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (06-06-2012)
Old 06-06-2012, 01:47 AM   #79
chate
Pharmasaurus Magnificus

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Brand new BMW 5 series on the freeway today, guy honks like a madman and rolls down window and motions for me to roll down. I do, he yells "WHAT CAR IS THAT!?"
"Scion FRS"
"How much does it cost?!"
"30 grand"
The guy looked devastated for a second and stared at my car for a while, sped up to see front, slowed down to see back, till eventually i just drove off worried he'd hit me LOL
(after tax/title/license, it was ALMOST 30k :P)

2015 Nissan GTR
chate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:45 AM   #80
Pscylo

Drives: Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Another older guy walked by and said "hot car?...ive got a boner" and kept walking...i put him on the questionable list.
I spit out my Mountain Dew...too funny.

Seriously though, the reactions are positive, and numerous. The girl at the tint shop was like "Ive never seen one of those, is it as fun as it looks?"

There is a craving for cars like the twins - sexy, affordable, and decent gas mileage.
These and future cars that will hopefully be made should help the aftermarket as well, as enthusiasts individualize their rides.
Pscylo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pscylo For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (06-06-2012)
Old 06-06-2012, 02:58 AM   #81
LeavingNormal
FRS2DTH

Drives: Hot Lava 2013 Scion FRS
Garage
Haha apparently one of he car enthusiasts at work was wondering who the car belonged to all week until I pulled up after my dinner break tonite. Haha his jaw was on the floor when I pulled in. Most of the nicer cars are driven by execs, lots of people find it hard to believe its so affordable. It's too damn sexy to be 25k!

I can't wait to take it to the track! From the list I've seen of people going I'll definitely be the least expensive car there and have the least HP, but I'm sure it'll get plenty of attention.
LeavingNormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #82
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,943 Times in 11,378 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
I had two of the best reactions to date today, one riced out Lexus taking photos, and a guy on his motard that ended up dropping his bike watching me drive by. Details in my car journal if you are interested!
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
HotLeopardMama (06-06-2012)
Old 06-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #83
HotLeopardMama
Hello Kitty FRS ^_^

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Haha apparently one of he car enthusiasts at work was wondering who the car belonged to all week until I pulled up after my dinner break tonite. Haha his jaw was on the floor when I pulled in. Most of the nicer cars are driven by execs, lots of people find it hard to believe its so affordable. It's too damn sexy to be 25k!

I can't wait to take it to the track! From the list I've seen of people going I'll definitely be the least expensive car there and have the least HP, but I'm sure it'll get plenty of attention.
They did that at my work, too... one guy saw it in the parking lot and was, all... wow, who's it that??? Then he saw the Hello Kitty license plate frame and knew it was mine, lol. A bunch of the IT guys have checked it out in the parking lot and 3 of the women here in my suite LOVE it--one thought it was cute, actually. LOL

It turns heads of all ages and genders--in cars, on the street, in the parking lot. I had a '96 Ford Contour and an '02 Ford Taurus prior to my FR-S, so I've obviously never had this kinda attention in a car before. It's kinda' fun.
HotLeopardMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HotLeopardMama For This Useful Post:
LeavingNormal (06-06-2012)
Old 06-06-2012, 09:42 PM   #84
Laika
When In Doubt...

Drives: Slowww
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
I was so horrified today. I was taking my mother to Kohl's because I'm a good, boring son, and because I really wanted an excuse to drive the BRZ....As I'm wandering through the parking lot trying to find a good spot away from everyone a BIGASS TRD tundra starts following me around. I got a bit sketched out. Then I finally park and he's right a car length or two in front me of at this point, sideways.

I get out and he yells...."SHARP CAR! I had no idea those were already out!"

I thought I was about to have a gun in my face for inadvertently cutting him off in the parking lot or something (I didn't do that). We talked for a minute and I complimented his badass tundra and we went our ways.

Earlier today at the gas station a guy in a dodge pickup was asking me how I liked the car so far, while I was fueling up. Chit chatted a bit, he walked all around the car to check it out and then took some pictures.

That's seriously the 4th time I've gotten comments from people in big ol' trucks

Other fun ones from today, almost broke the neck of a passenger in a Mazdaspeed3 as I drove by, he looked like he just saw a car for the first time in his life.

I also decided to drive by the scion dealership today on my way to Subaru for an oil filter. Just wanted to see if they had an FRS in. I got myself in a jam where I had to make a full lap and drive through the back at which point I see a tech grab another tech saying "OH SHIT! look!"

Join the Galaxy Blue Silica BRZ registry below:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&usp=sharing
Laika is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laika For This Useful Post:
LeavingNormal (06-06-2012)