follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 12-22-2011, 02:05 AM   #57
merlin2111

Drives: Widebody '94 Miata R-Package
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
oil change while it is stock helps the car a lot and since oil changes would be considered maintenance they are aloud.
merlin2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:06 AM   #58
Kiwi

Drives: Volkswagen Golf GTI
I'll give this a try tomorrow.
Too tired right now for putting together a decent lap.

1:04.838 is a blistering fast time. Amazing work.
Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:46 AM   #59
WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,561 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
..can you do topgear circuit laps in gt5?
Old 12-22-2011, 02:57 AM   #60
Squatch86

Drives: 03 Golf, 99 S10 4.3, 02 Saturn SL1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I'll have my run on the nurburgring in a few.
Squatch86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:57 AM   #61
Squatch86

Drives: 03 Golf, 99 S10 4.3, 02 Saturn SL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsofWar View Post
..can you do topgear circuit laps in gt5?
And yes you can.
Squatch86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:00 AM   #62
Kostamojen

Drives: 1993 Impreza w/ WRX Swap + FWD!
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
No Top Gear Test track lap times???
Kostamojen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:02 AM   #63
bryan

Drives: Lots of Toyotas
Wanted to give Tsukuba a try before bed tonight.
1:06.789
Also did a lap on the Nurburgring.
8:34.470

Completely stock. Driven manual, Stock tires, Traction control off, Stability off, Grip - real. Didn't even mess with the suspension. Drove with Logitech G25.

I see another half second on Tsukuba and about ten seconds on the ring.
Will try and best these times and drive Laguna Seca after Christmas.
The car was more fun on the short, slower Tsukuba track. I'm sure the real thing tops any of this. I mean this in terms of fun, excitement, and satisfaction, not necessarily lap times.
Attached Images

bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:27 AM   #64
RaceR

Drives: 2010 Cooper S, 74 Beetle
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I would like to join you guys on this challenge when I get the time to do some laps on the Nordschleife, but not with the sport hard tires wich are not normal road tires. They are just too boring on low powered cars in my opinion.
I do not want to make a tire thread here, or a thread about how you push the car harder and are faster in a game.
But the GT86 should never have been fitted with sport hard as stock tires! Sport hard are more like the equivalent to M3CSL stock tires and other sport cars that have some form of stock semi-slick tires..
That is the reason why sport hard tires are worse then comfort soft in 30-40%+ wet conditions.
It is the reason why people get lap times that are way beyond what the car would achieve stock in real life.
It is the reason they in the Topgear SLS AMG seasonal event had to use comfort soft in the 500+ HP pluss SLS, that way GT5 players would have about equal grip as the real life car on high performance tires.
Most normal road/sport cars in the game comes with comfort soft, wich is high performance. Just look at the new Golf R, Scirroco, Mini cooper S. They do not come with sport hard stock. They come with comfort soft.
People/magazines have also done "research" on this stating that comfort medium would be equivilent to real life sport tires. Looking at the laptimes alot of people accomplish on comfort soft compared to real life that seems about right.
Comfort soft usually have more grip compared to high/extreme performance summer tires.
GT86 does in real life come with tires that are available on a prius. These are for sure not in the grip range of comfort soft.

We are doing this in offline practice mode, the physics of the cars are really grippy and not tail happy here.

In my opinion, and compared to real life grip levels, comfort medium should not be that far off from the original tires of the GT86.
Comfort soft tires is what most people would buy to the car when upgrading tires to sticky road legal tires that work good in wet conditions. (altough you would probably achieve a better time ingame compared to real life with these tires)

Also, for the rules to be more fair. Add PP limit to the 100% stock car, that way people with fully broken in engines will not have an advantage. Or the people with oil change.
Car comes with 402pp from dealership. But I guess it would be 403pp after a little time and would be at max pp a little over that if you are using standard oil..

Personally I would like to see leaderboards for Nordschleife with either 402 or 403pp as a max limit.

Please add Nordschleife leaderboards for:
100% stock car, 402pp max - Comfort medium
100% stock car, 402pp max - Comfort soft

Ohh, in my opinion people in top 3 should be the only one having to be able to share ghost times/pictures if requested. Makes it easier for all people to share their time using less time.
Showing a picture of the car on a leaderboard does say little about the car. Even a picture of its pp and tires. If people want to cheat then they could cheat even when showing screenshot pictures. Except when having to share ghost and people analyze it.
Anyway, why cheat in a online forum challenge with no prices? I would feel sorry for that looser person, having to add seconds to their time..
Or, maybe I do not feel sorry, maybe its a combo of feeling sorry and wanting to them in the head for ruining for all the others.

Anyway, great thread!
RaceR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:39 AM   #65
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Here are my slow times for Tsukuba and Laguna.

Tsukuba: 1:08.142-Dualshock

Laguna: 1:49.449-Dualshock
Attached Images

Old 12-22-2011, 07:19 AM   #66
Dragonitti
Banned

Drives: Boosted Scion tC, 350z
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalli View Post
Teach me to be a better driver? please? pretty please?

I dont use the lines in gt5, i never did.. I turned it off since day 1. Should I use the line?

I only got 1:08.9xx with wheel (g27)... no lines,everything off and grip-real (although ABS-1)

Do you make these runs in Practice mode or online mode?

No lines, that's weak sauce. Only Aid you should be using is ABS set to 1. I make my runs in Practice mode. Online would mean people getting in the way.

I will post my ghost lap this weekend when I squeeze some time in.

@RaceR

There is no trophy or payout we are getting from this, there is no reason to complicate it. If you feel the need to cheat then you are just a crappy person....If you feel the need to call people with faster lap times...cheaters, because you can't run the same times, then change your driving. If your car is not broken in, then go drive it some more and then come back and try again. Oil changes are legit it's already stated by the OP. The PP method you are suggesting would require people to buy a new car every time they want to post a lap, because the cars increase in PP just after a couple of laps. The game tires match the real car, it's what GT5 developers datalogged from the real car and chose these tires to match the real cars performace. Pretty sure they R&D this stuff with a fine needle.

Your opinion is your opinion, but it's kinda hard to argue when they use telemetry and datalogging from the real car, to build physics of the in game car.

Last edited by Dragonitti; 12-22-2011 at 08:56 AM.
Dragonitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:06 AM   #67
RaceR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post

@RaceR
...there is no reason to complicate it.
My point excatly!

Why complicate it, some people have new "race" oil, some new original oil, some cars are broken in, some not. Just make it the stock car with pp limit and you do not have to care.

The OP says in his first post with the rules, just buy it and drive it 100% stock.
PP limit is the easy way of making it fair and easy for everyone.
That way people without knowledge of the oil change and engine break in do not have to compete in their 402pp car against your 410pp +, even tough both could be considered 100% stock.
Easier to race on equal terms for everyone and LESS COMPLICATIONS, PP limit is the way to go.
I would hate to know that i beat someone with 5 seconds thinking i was faster. When actually, my car had 10 more pp, and that I would be slower if both were in the same car.

Again, pictures are worth nothing as evidence for a lap time. If it is worth nothing. why bother. Its easier to leave it out, less complications.

Also, the real life car does have ABS. First post with the rules says no ABS.
How many people here got that part?
I always drive with ABS on 1. That is stock in my opinion and everyone else I know. No ABS on a modern day car is not stock, its a usually a modifications since you can not turn it of.

Quote:
No one cares about if the game tires match the real car, it's what GT5 developers datalogged from the real car and chose these tires to match the real cars performace. Pretty sure they R&D this stuff with a fine needle.
Yes, alot of people care. The whole community that I race with use comfort soft in cars with less then 500pp because sport hard has way too much grip. So yes, there are alot of people who care if the game replicates real life.
Join GTplanet if you are not a member.. There have been lots of tire discussions. Recently read about people not understanding why the GT86 got the super sticky sport hard, when the other new dlc cars got comfort soft. It makes no sence for me either.
Some people love race soft and going full throttle trough every turn, some like to replicate real life and get joy out of balancing a car on the limit. Otherwise we would just play NFS... Atleast alot of us see it that way. And Toyota also seems to be aiming for the joy of balancing the car on the limit, not putting super sticky tires on it.
I think PD did a mistake putting sport hard on this car as default stock tires, and about 25 out of 25 of my GT5 friends agrees or would agree with me..

I would love to compete with you guys here on typical road tires, more like the ones the car is delivered with in real life. And with fair and easy rules.

These rules would be easy to follow for everyone. No complications, and fair for everyone.
Stock GT86, 402pp, comfort soft (or medium), no assists except ABS if you want, Nordschleife in offline mode. Time has to be white/legal with penalty set to high and grip to real.
Would be very kind of merlin 2111to add another board with those rules for Nordschleife
Old 12-22-2011, 09:12 AM   #68
Dragonitti
Banned

Drives: Boosted Scion tC, 350z
^Read my edit post. It does not make sense the way you are talking regarding the PP. The car will PP up after one or two laps...then you would need to buy a brand new car.

Your suggestions would complicate it way more than it needs to be.

Rules are...
Stock car
Maintenance is allowed..

That's it, that's the rules...pretty simple. This is an on going thing. You keep at it, this isn't a one post thing. If you go back and practice some more, your cars PP is going to rise up a little. If you beat your previous time...Updated the board...it's that simple. This isn't a buy and race one time and post. It's continuous forever how long the guys stay on top and someone beats that time.

I look for the pictures as verification that it's a white lap, nothing more. As you said, you can't verify the mod list via a picture, so we hope that the members here have enough integrity to adhere to the rules.

I don't believe in no ABS, cause every car has ABS. I set mine at 1. No ABS really works only for people with a pedal and wheel setup. DS3 can't modulate that well to run no ABS...imo anyway.

I run R-comp tires in real life, so to say that Comfort Soft is more "real life" is false. Why would I run street tires on my 300+whp car at the track? Been a member of GTPlanet since June 2003. But don't have time to get into discussions over there. Also, you can't base the physics creation of the car on tires alone. It could be the combination of chassis tweaks with the tires in combination to be the combination that works in the virtual world to mimic the IRL car.

Wait...why are we even debating this? You are free to create your own race category and rules in another thread rather than change the OP's rules stated here.

Last edited by Dragonitti; 12-22-2011 at 09:45 AM.
Dragonitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:27 AM   #69
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: quicker than arghx7
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
^^DISREGARD Last post

NEW lap Record For Tsukuba is

1:04.838

Yes....White Lap
:happy0180:

Wuuuut?! So, how were you "driving it wrong"? I'm very curious.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:32 AM   #70
RaceR

Quote:
Your opinion is your opinion, but it's kinda hard to argue when they use telemetry and datalogging from the real car, to build physics of the in game car.
When did PD state that they wanted to replicate the car with tires that matced real life telemetry?

Two out of three times on Nordschleife are already around 8.20. Seriosly, the stock GT86 will not make that time on the tires that it comes with.
Quite easy to argue against the tire choice if they used telemtry and datalogging from the real car to build physics of the in game car.. And people can lap in around the 8.20 range.
Alien fast hot lappers in GT5 would probably do under 8.10 (pure guesswork) Let me see people do that in a real GT86.

Real life E46 M3 does 8.22.
You can crush that time on sport hard tires!

Quote:
Rules are...
Stock car
Maintenance is allowed..
No, here are the rules written in first post.
This is only for 100% stock GT-86 lap times. No tires, aero, adjustments, or assists (No TC, No ABS, Grip - Real, ect.).
Just buy it and drive it!

Meaning, if you do not follow those rules you cheat.

Tags
competition, gt5, stock