follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 01-26-2016, 06:32 PM   #1
nova.86
Legendary Member

Drives: HyperBlue BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Custom Carbon Fiber rear bumper + diffuser! For Quad Exhaust! Need a company/shop!

Hey guys, to start off I'm planning to get the

BLITZ Nur-CTi Quad Exhaust

Took these pictures in person at a retailer

BLITZ Nur-CTi Quad Exhaust

This exhaust won't fit the stock rear bumper for obvious reasons.

I'm trying to find a pre-built or custom made carbon fiber rear bumper + diffuser that will fit this exhaust or be made to fit. I'd rather have a custom rear diffuser than to re-weld the exhaust to fit.

This is kind of the idea of what I'm looking for.

Seibon TB-style carbon fiber rear lip

Sadly, this diffuser doesn't fit the exhaust, I asked Seibon if they can create a custom one with bigger spots but on their website they state for custom orders there must be at least 20 items for it.

I love this Varis CF diffuser, it's made for dual tips but if it could be recreated for quad tips it'd be amazing.

Anyways, that's the idea. I've been trying to find a pre-made carbon fiber diffuser that will fit the exhaust and had no luck. I'm perfectly okay with going the custom route as that would make it even more unique. I don't know a lot of places that can do this sort of work. I contacted Wasp Composites but had no response, I also contacted Driveway Labs but I believe they only have diffusers.

Yes I have considered the TRD diffuser, but I'm looking for Carbon Fiber, or some elements to it. If there is a carbon fiber version of TRD diffuser then I'll definitely consider that as well.

Can anyone help me out and point me in the direction of some companies? Or shops? (Located in SoCal, willing to drive north.)

Anything helps, been trying to work this thing out so I can get my hands on the exhaust already, Thanks!

Old 01-26-2016, 09:24 PM   #2
_gt86_user
Inactive

Drives: .
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Wait, why don't you want the Blitz diffuser that's made for this exhaust? I'm pretty sure Bulletproof Automotive can get it for you as a package.
_gt86_user is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _gt86_user For This Useful Post:
8R6 (01-28-2016), olsonpg (01-26-2016)
Old 01-26-2016, 10:01 PM   #3
BDotG

Drives: Asphalt 2013 FR-S
Why not just get the trd one and wrap it in CF yourself :p As far as I know none of these are true carbon, just frp wrapped in a carbon layer.
BDotG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 11:42 PM   #4
olsonpg

Drives: BRZ. R34 GT-T
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDotG View Post
Why not just get the trd one and wrap it in CF yourself :p As far as I know none of these are true carbon, just frp wrapped in a carbon layer.
Pretty sure the TRD one won't fit the BLITZ quad exhaust as the BLITZ exhaust tips are much bigger than the tips the trd diffuser was built for.
Old 01-27-2016, 12:31 AM   #5
Kiske

Drives: RX-7 / BRZ
Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,081 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
It's going to be 1000 times easier (and much cheaper) to make the exhaust fit the opening than to modify, resculpt or have a custom diffuser made to fit the exhaust.

TRD also makes stick on quad pieces that go ontop of the factory rear bumper's exhaust cutouts to fit their quad exhaust. If I were to start making a diffuser I would start with thoughs, get them positioned and then fill in the rest.
Old 01-27-2016, 01:35 AM   #6
nova.86
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _gt86_user View Post
Wait, why don't you want the Blitz diffuser that's made for this exhaust? I'm pretty sure Bulletproof Automotive can get it for you as a package.
I don't like how the diffuser looks having an empty space of the brake light underneath it. And I'd prefer Carbon Fiber

Plus the diffuser is apparently $1,495.. I'd rather have a custom diffuser, carbon fiber, if it's going to be that price.

My last option is getting the Japan TRD bumper (it's different than the US TRD, bigger and fits BLITZ exhaust from what I was told by retailer). I don't like the look of TRD, and I personally think this exhaust deserves a nice rear bumper + diffuser.

If I could get carbon fiber moulds where the Japan TRD moulds would be I guess that would make it look nice, kinda like this

Sadly that bumper above isin't good. As said by @FT-86 SpeedFactory

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT-86 SpeedFactory View Post
Stuff was garbage so we got rid of it and removed it from the site. Absolutely awful parts.
How hard would it be to get a carbon fiber rear diffuser like seibons or someone else's and then make the holes bigger to fit the exhaust from a shop that works with carbon fiber? Would it be better off to make from scratch, than to have an already built diffuser not big enough to fit?

Also, I wouldn't want to just wrap it for a fake CF. I'd want a layer of real CF at least even though it is fiberglass underneath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiske View Post
It's going to be 1000 times easier (and much cheaper) to make the exhaust fit the opening than to modify, resculpt or have a custom diffuser made to fit the exhaust.
So I could get an already carbon fiber diffuser like Seibons, and take the exhaust to an exhaust shop to re-weld to make it fit? Would that be easier? I'd want to take it to a pretty good exhaust shop considering this is a high end exhaust..I don't really want to mess with re-welding when it is already pretty good factory. But if it's the only way then I suppose.

I don't know much about re-welding, adding piping, that much to be honest. Or carbon fiber fabrication, besides that there's vacuum and another method.

Thanks for the suggestions so far!
Old 01-27-2016, 01:45 AM   #7
Joe-G
Canada Eh!

Drives: '13 FRS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Im pretty sure TRD will fit.

@CrazyWookie's build thread: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22210
Attached Images

Old 01-27-2016, 01:47 AM   #8
Bach415

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Someone on the forums has the exhaust with the TRD rear bumper fitted just perfectly. I think it was woookie
Bach415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 02:23 AM   #9
_gt86_user
Inactive

Drives: .
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Pretty sure a custom full carbon fiber rear diffuser made to order will cost you a lot more than $1495 realistically. But I see what you're saying I never noticed that space below the brake light before.
_gt86_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 03:00 AM   #10
nova.86
Legendary Member

I said earlier on the thread, this fits Japan TRD, not US TRD, that's what I was told by a retailer

I believe Wookie got the Japan TRD which is why it fits, and I'm not sure if he asked Blitz to custom fit the exhaust into the bumper, feel free to correct me btw Wookie.

Oh and here's a comment he replied to on his youtube video of the exhaust

Old 01-27-2016, 11:32 AM   #11
SkAsphalt
Ridge Racerrrrrrrrr

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S, 2004 Toyota Coroll
Thanked 1,363 Times in 954 Posts
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Garage
If you are ordering your exhaust from japan, why not get the Japanese TRD one?
Old 01-27-2016, 01:45 PM   #12
nova.86
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkAsphalt View Post
If you are ordering your exhaust from japan, why not get the Japanese TRD one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova.86 View Post
Yes I have considered the TRD diffuser, but I'm looking for Carbon Fiber, or some elements to it. If there is a carbon fiber version of TRD diffuser then I'll definitely consider that as well.
If nothing works I'll end up doing that, it's a last resort
Old 01-27-2016, 05:44 PM   #13
kbye

Drives: 2014 FR-S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
There are two versions of the exhaust you want:
model 64133 fits the JDM (and probably USDM) TRD rear bumper
model 64127 fits only the blitz rear diffuser

If you are not going with the blitz diffuser then you want the first model, more compatibility with other diffusers.
TRD is not CF, blitz is only partially CF. Silk Blaze makes a CF version, would probably fit the first model.
kbye is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kbye For This Useful Post:
nova.86 (01-28-2016)
Old 01-27-2016, 06:35 PM   #14
CrazyWookiee

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Hey Guys,
@kbye is correct.
I wanted to get the Quad tips on the TRD rear, but didn't feel the TRD quad axle back exhaust was worth the $$$. I contacted Blitz and they said they could produce an exhaust to fit the TRD rear bumper. They have the original one with 114.3mm large tips (which is perfect for their Blitz diffuser), and they then created one with 100mm size tips to fit the TRD Japan kit. The tips are not the only difference between the two exhausts, if they changed just the tip size, the two would be very far apart. So the area where it "splits" into the two ends (on one side) are closer together to accommodate for that. This exhaust was built ESPECIALLY for that rear TRD bumper.

After researching a ton, trying to fit one manufacturers quad exhaust, to another manufacturers quad bumper is pretty much impossible, unless they specifically made it for it (like MXP makes one just for FR-S RS 1.0) and (Blitz making one just for TRD). I see you like the Seibon TRD replica rear. If you get the BLITZ exhaust that is the 100.3MM, it should fit, since the Seibon one is a direct rep of the TRD, but in carbon.
There are many other companies in Japan that make a quad just for the TRD rear bumper. Every company designs their exhaust and can set it as far left/right as they want on each side, and then they shape the rear bumper to it.

Here's mine fitted:

If you don't like the TRD rear bumper cover, your best bet is to buy an exhaust + diffuser combo.

If you like the TRD rear bumper cover (or an exact replica of it that's made in full carbon or partial carbon) then the following exhausts are made perfect fit for it:

Blitz NUR-SPEC C-Ti Quad Part #64133
Spec: 101.6φW
Price: $1100

TRD verson R:
Spec: 86φW
Price: $940

KAKIMOTO RACING 柿本改 Class KR
Spec: 100φW
Price: $1050

R-Magic
Spec: 90φW
Price: $1500

Rosso Modello COLBASSO GT-FOUR
Spec: 101.6φW
Price: $950

SARD SU-Z muffler
Spec:90φW
Price:$1250

"I'm the real Peter Lau" - Peter Lau

Last edited by CrazyWookiee; 01-27-2016 at 07:08 PM.
CrazyWookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CrazyWookiee For This Useful Post:
8R6 (01-28-2016), Inextirpable (01-28-2016), nova.86 (01-28-2016), Nsot (02-05-2016), olsonpg (01-27-2016), SkAsphalt (01-28-2016)