follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 08-05-2013, 07:23 AM   #155
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,343 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-Sizzle View Post
Did you get a chance to dyno to find out what the Perrin CAI added or if it changed anything at all in performance?

If not then do you notice anything with the swap out? I am interested in an AVO kit and really love it because it keeps the stock air box. I realy like how it keeps the stock box making many options available for you to choose from.

I just wanna know though if its worth it to upgrade the OEM air box if you have the AVO kit. Like was throttle response greatly mproved? How about sound? I was thinking of getting the Sym's CF intake in the mean time until I drive the car long enough to know their isnt any major problems that would require the warranty to be able to get them fixed since this is a 1st year car.

The Syms racing intake really intrigues me for this reason as it keeps the stock air box and uses similar logic/design with some of the best intakes for the s2000. With a turbo do you think the gains would be really good since the turbo is already sucking a lot of air in and upgrading the OEM air box would mean even more air is coming in. i

I didn't test it out by itself. What I can tell you is that if you want an intake, get it only for sound improvement purposes. Don't count on much gains. Assume no HP gains, but a nice gain on turbo spool sound. Whatever HP gains are, take them as a bonus, they should not be much.
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:17 PM   #156
gdrider77

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post
Yeah, it is not a widespread problem. Most of the ones that have had leak issues were from the first batches. After that, it has been very rare.
Just a heads up on a related note. I had the same issues. big loud leak on pass side...was able to fix it with thicker gaskets...so far. Hope this holds. Been running for a month or so with the new gaskets and no exhaust leak from what i hear..but will be checking more thoroughly next week.

I will be getting under there in the next week or so putting in a new clutch, and will be checking all connections and such, as i have lost tons of boost, so there is probably a vacuum/exhaust leak causing it to spool way later. Hope its an easy quick fix.