follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List
finch1750, go_a_way1, MisterSheep

Old 12-03-2015, 11:15 AM   #29
LOLS2K
/scion

Drives: '13 86 M/T
Thanked 1,402 Times in 786 Posts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSheep View Post
"they replaced some parts and tried different things to figure out what is going on"
Ummm, aren't they supposed to get your consent before replacing, purchasing replacement parts, etc. before proceeding? Is your car under warranty?
LOLS2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 11:28 AM   #30
MisterSheep
Killed Scion

Drives: 2013 FR-S Whiteout
Thanked 7,307 Times in 4,485 Posts
Mentioned: 334 Post(s)
Tagged: 185 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLS2K View Post
Ummm, aren't they supposed to get your consent before replacing, purchasing replacement parts, etc. before proceeding? Is your car under warranty?
That's exactly my point. They are replacing "parts" without clarifying what these "parts" are and aren't asking for my consent before replacing the parts. It seems like the guy who has been calling me and dealing with me isn't even working on the car and is only the messenger from their "lead foreman" My car is covered under warranty and they told me before hand that it's covered under warranty. I will request a in depth, detailed, receipt of exactly what was done to the car. Because, like I said, the guy who I am been talking to is only getting word from the guy who's actually working on the car. So far the only thing the asked before proceeding was keeping the car and driving it. If I find any abuse or abusrb mileage I'm going to be pissed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust86 View Post
BRO WTFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!
I command you and everyone that owns a FRS to watch Initial D if you have not seen it yet. Missing out on some serious JDM-ness
Find a good, and reliable source I can watch in on and I probably will. They don't have it on Netflix so I haven't exactly been looking to find it. I haven't been big into anime either... I mean the only "anime" I watched was Pokemon as a kid, some DragonBallZ, Yu-Gi-Oh as a kid, and I believe Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo when I was in middle school.... Only thing I've seen recently is only 1 episode of Attack on Titan and haven't seen it since. Just finished the Office... been looking for another show
Originally Posted by KR-S 86 View Post
What are you talking about? You just killed one of the worst brands in history according to enthusiasts. People will be worshipping you like sheep.

Last edited by MisterSheep; 12-03-2015 at 11:46 AM.
MisterSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 11:30 AM   #31
LOLS2K
/scion

Do you have a way to go down there to check the progress for yourself?
Old 12-03-2015, 11:46 AM   #32
MisterSheep
Killed Scion

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLS2K View Post
Do you have a way to go down there to check the progress for yourself?
Only when I get off work I could do that. The dealership happens to be between my house and work. I wouldn't want to do that though, just for the fact that I don't want to be pressuring them to get the work done. They told me yesterday that they're replacing the "Intake Gear Bank 2" today and that it'll be a full day thing. So all I can really do is just play the waiting game.
What are you talking about? You just killed one of the worst brands in history according to enthusiasts. People will be worshipping you like sheep.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:47 AM   #33
Trust86

Drives: 2016 Halo FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Find a good, and reliable source I can watch in on and I probably will. They don't have it on Netflix so I haven't exactly been looking to fing it. I haven't been big into anime either... I mean the only "anime" I watched was Pokemon as a kid, some DragonBallZ, Yu-Gi-Oh as a kid, and I believe Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo when I was in middle school.... Only thing I've seen recently is only 1 episode of Attack on Titan and haven't seen it since. Just finished the Office... been looking for another show
Bro Hulu I think still has it. If not just google it and there are some free websites that you can watch it from. Make sure you watch it in Japanese with English subtitles, bc the English version is gay as f***. Sounds so gay haha
Trust86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 11:49 AM   #34
LOLS2K
/scion

@MisterSheep Have them check out the muffler bearing while they're down there. But who knows, might be a real thing. I discovered that "diesel exhaust fluid" was a real thing, a few years ago.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:53 AM   #35
MisterSheep
Killed Scion

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
Wow I would've never agreed to that. Sounds more like they want to take it out for a midnight drift run on highway 9.
That's exactly why I was nervous about it at first. When I walked in the place they all seemed to love the car.

It kind of went like this in course of events;
Drive up
Guy inspecting the cars come to my car and asks; "Are there any engine modifications?" I said "no sir, just the exhaust."
Go inside to get paperwork done
In the middle of paperwork I get the InitialD comment and he asks, "what color is it?" I replied "White" he then said "yeah, nice color, thats the color I would get if I were to get one."

Anyways, I was going back and forth with the guy I was on the phone with saying that why don't I just pick up the car and if it comes back I'll let you know. The representative then told me that they need to hook it up to a computer and monitor the computer while they drive it. Thats when I ended up agreeing to let them drive it.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:56 AM   #36
MisterSheep
Killed Scion

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust86 View Post
Bro Hulu I think still has it. If not just google it and there are some free websites that you can watch it from. Make sure you watch it in Japanese with English subtitles, bc the English version is gay as f***. Sounds so gay haha
My step brother has Hulu. If you check and can confirm that it's still there, then I'll download hulu and use my step-bro's account.
Old 12-03-2015, 12:37 PM   #37
Carlos_M

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
@MisterSheep, I had the same issue pop up a few months ago. At first the dealer cleared the code, then it came back so they checked a cam position sensor. After that they replaced it, then another sensor went and they replaced that too. They gave me quite the run-around and ended up having to replace the ECU and something else, I forget. It was a pain because they had never seen that issue before and I was in and out 3 times before they fixed that issue then had to go back because they broke my air box and left a nice scratch on the c-pillar. After I got the car back everything was normal. Haven't had an issue since.
Carlos_M is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Carlos_M For This Useful Post:
MisterSheep (12-03-2015)
Old 12-03-2015, 12:48 PM   #38
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,675 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Maybe he means this thing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Subaru-OEM-P...-/221932313023

Quote:
I got a call from him roughly 2 hours ago. He said they got the O.K. from Toyota to replace "Intake Gear Bank 2" and if that doesn't fix they issue they are going to replace the whole ECU.

Guys..... What's "Intake Gear Bank 2" ????? That threw me off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 12:58 PM   #39
MisterSheep
Killed Scion

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_M View Post
@MisterSheep, I had the same issue pop up a few months ago. At first the dealer cleared the code, then it came back so they checked a cam position sensor. After that they replaced it, then another sensor went and they replaced that too. They gave me quite the run-around and ended up having to replace the ECU and something else, I forget. It was a pain because they had never seen that issue before and I was in and out 3 times before they fixed that issue then had to go back because they broke my air box and left a nice scratch on the c-pillar. After I got the car back everything was normal. Haven't had an issue since.
So theres hope!

Quote:

you're probably right.
The Following User Says Thank You to MisterSheep For This Useful Post:
Carlos_M (12-03-2015)
Old 12-03-2015, 01:04 PM   #40
Carlos_M

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
So theres hope!

you're probably right.
It's just gonna be a pain because it isn't a common issue and the techs have a laundry list of hoops to call through before they can go next steps.

-Carlos
Carlos_M is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Carlos_M For This Useful Post:
MisterSheep (12-03-2015)
Old 12-03-2015, 01:05 PM   #41
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,675 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Sorry you are without your car for multiple days now while a Toyota (Wouldn't it be nicer if he was a Subaru tech?) "foreman" plays doctor with it. I feel like he's just experimenting with parts since he's not too familiar with the boxer engine.

I'd be having a full mental breakdown at this point. You're a stronger man than I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 01:08 PM   #42
MisterSheep
Killed Scion

Garage
Quote:
Sorry you are without your car for multiple days now while a Toyota (Wouldn't it be nicer if he was a Subaru tech?) "foreman" plays doctor with it. I feel like he's just experimenting with parts since he's not too familiar with the boxer engine.

I'd be having a full mental breakdown at this point. You're a stronger man than I.
I mean if they f*ck up anything I'm bringing it right back and they're going to have a very familiar face b*tching at them.
The Following User Says Thank You to MisterSheep For This Useful Post:
Clipdat (12-03-2015)