follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 02-05-2016, 02:43 PM   #127
Yoda

Drives: Crystal Black BRZ(Sophia)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Aww missed all the fun. I need to be more active on the forums but to answer the OP its better you just build your own. really easy take a trip down to Home Depot. I use a pax and it fits right int the center console
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 02:57 PM   #128
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashikabi View Post
Ahh but people are well aware of the possibility(if not straight likelihood) they are endangering others. By my count, once you're educated on the risks, any time you do it, you are intentionally putting others at risk. I could go shoot my ak in random directions every Friday night with the same effect, possibly even a lower chance of actually hurting someone.
That's what's so sneaky about what Tobacco companies were doing in @Dadhawk 's anecdote. Kids in his elementary school class didn't know they were being indoctrinated or really that anything bad was going on. They went to the field trip and left with very positive feelings about cigarettes. In the case of a drunk driver, they have full knowledge of their actions.
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DAEMANO For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (02-05-2016)
Old 02-05-2016, 03:03 PM   #129
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Garage
I think this thread is getting off track. Course correction engaged!

Race queen Im Ji Hye also hates yoga pants (unclear as to weather she vapes), out of respect for that here's an upper body shot (Google more at the risk of your pants).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DAEMANO For This Useful Post:
chaoskaze (02-05-2016), new2subaru (02-05-2016), PandaSPUR (02-05-2016)
Old 02-05-2016, 03:09 PM   #130
Ashikabi

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 4,542 Times in 2,947 Posts
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAEMANO View Post
That's what's so sneaky about what Tobacco companies were doing in @Dadhawk 's anecdote. Kids in his elementary school class didn't know they were being indoctrinated or really that anything bad was going on. They went to the field trip and left with very positive feelings about cigarettes. In the case of a drunk driver, they have full knowledge of their actions.
I still feel it's the same scenario. The drunk drivers(cigarette company) are knowingly putting people(the field trip kids) in danger of being hit by a car(getting cancer) for personal gain: convenience, laziness(future customers). Neither victim is aware of the danger. Except kids are taught about the danger of cigarettes now. If they still choose to smoke then that's their problem[or ours since our tax dollars and health care premiums are higher to pay for the smoking related illnesses and such. But it's the same with the drunk drivers too. More cops and car insurance]
Ashikabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 03:16 PM   #131
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashikabi View Post
I still feel it's the same scenario. The drunk drivers(cigarette company) are knowingly putting people(the field trip kids) in danger of being hit by a car(getting cancer) for personal gain: convenience, laziness(future customers). Neither victim is aware of the danger. Except kids are taught about the danger of cigarettes now. If they still choose to smoke then that's their problem[or ours since our tax dollars and health care premiums are higher to pay for the smoking related illnesses and such. But it's the same with the drunk drivers too. More cops and car insurance]
Thanks for explaining. I took your analogy differently. In the case described I can totally see your point.
Old 02-05-2016, 03:21 PM   #132
Ashikabi

Quote:
Thanks for explaining. I took your analogy differently. In the case described I can totally see your point.
Glad I could make the distinction. I very much dislike being misunderstood
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashikabi For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (02-05-2016)
Old 02-05-2016, 03:26 PM   #133
bababooey

Drives: BRZ SWP Limited -6MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
in. for the hot chick above^^^ and jsut cause this is still goign
bababooey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bababooey For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (02-05-2016)
Old 02-05-2016, 03:52 PM   #134
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababooey View Post
in. for the hot chick above^^^ and jsut cause this is still goign

Just cause you asked... after all, it is motorsports, yoga pants, vape-head related-ish and I love to stay on topic.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DAEMANO For This Useful Post:
go_a_way1 (02-05-2016), new2subaru (02-05-2016)
Old 02-05-2016, 03:55 PM   #135
Ashikabi

Quote:
Just cause you asked... after all, it is motorsports, yoga pants, vape-head related-ish and I love to stay on topic.

I approve of this post.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ashikabi For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (02-05-2016), go_a_way1 (02-05-2016)
Old 02-05-2016, 04:05 PM   #136
go_a_way1
Not Bаnned Anymore

Drives: Heavily Modified FRS
Thanked 8,274 Times in 4,797 Posts
Mentioned: 355 Post(s)
Tagged: 374 Thread(s)
Quote:

go_a_way1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to go_a_way1 For This Useful Post:
chaoskaze (02-05-2016), DAEMANO (02-05-2016), PandaSPUR (02-06-2016)
Old 02-05-2016, 08:04 PM   #137
chaoskaze
The Fail Boat

Drives: CWP S.B.
Thanked 1,293 Times in 873 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Where should I place my vape in the car? (not cupholders)

Where did stifler go? I miss him on tvs. My childhood hero vanished!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chaoskaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 12:56 AM   #138
ThornhillSubaruOwner

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznBRZer View Post
Your question regarding my preference is as absurd as asking me if I would rather have my penis cut off with a dull rusty saw or have a 9lb bowling ball dropped on my left testicle.

Atomized propylene glycol/vegetable glycerin laced with nicotine and food flavoring isn't a "cloud of fruit." It's a pretty disingenuous way of describing it and one could even go as far to say that it's an exaggeration. It's also a lot safer to say that one would prefer neither.

Try again.
I think you fail to see the point and I don't see why you're getting so aggressive lol. Plus I wasn't referring to you specifically, I was speaking in general. Plus vape oils come in a variety of smells, and I'm sure most people would enjoy at least one of them compared to the what, one smell of cigarettes? I'm personally switching over to vaping instead of smoking cigarettes so my gf quits bitching.

My point is that if most people had to choose between a fruit smelling vape smoke or a cigarette smoke smell, most would prefer the fruit flavoured. I'm not taking into consideration the "none at all" argument because we're strictly comparing the smell of a vape vs a cigarette.

Referring to the vape smell as a "cloud of fruit" is obviously just describing its smell, not its actual fucking chemical ingredients. Plus there are vape oils that don't contain nicotine. It's just a trend/fad that people are buying into atm. Stupid? Maybe, but nobody gives a shit what you think because a lot of people are doing it and enjoy doing so. I don't see why you've got to input your negative preference in this thread when clearly it's not relevant nor beneficial to the topic starters question.

Oh and, no, you don't catch a vape smokes smell just by walking through/past it. That's absurd. Unless you're dancing in that smoke for a few minutes, walking past something wouldn't stick onto you, at least not for so long that it becomes a problem worth bitching about.

On topic: I'm buying a vape soon and I'm getting my BRZ soon too. Great seeing these innovative suggestions I might use one of these.

Last edited by ThornhillSubaruOwner; 02-09-2016 at 01:13 AM.
ThornhillSubaruOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 01:30 AM   #139
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Sorry to hear about your aunt, but no one is promoting smoking cigs in ths thread.

And what does that have to do with arguing a flase dichotomy? Absolutely nothing. And are those two chemicals the only thing in those cartridges? Of course not, but lets not let intellectual honesty get in the way of a poorly made argument, right?

LOLZ...keyboard warrior insult? I feel soooo emasculated. You act as if I called someone's mother a whore for saying that vaping is a dumb fad.

Ah well, at least DAEMANO gets it. Maybe when the FDA gets some teeth into those regulations, we'll see how truly "benign" these things are.
Quote:
Nah, I need a false analogy and two more passive aggressive insults before my butthurt becomes real. Oh and one more strawman thrown my way for Terrible Internet Debate Bingo.

just came back to this thread realizing AzN whats its face went full agro and butthurt
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 10:14 AM   #140
AznBRZer

Drives: 16 CBS WRX Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThornhillSubaruOwner View Post
I think you fail to see the point and I don't see why you're getting so aggressive lol. Plus I wasn't referring to you specifically, I was speaking in general. Plus vape oils come in a variety of smells, and I'm sure most people would enjoy at least one of them compared to the what, one smell of cigarettes? I'm personally switching over to vaping instead of smoking cigarettes so my gf quits bitching.

My point is that if most people had to choose between a fruit smelling vape smoke or a cigarette smoke smell, most would prefer the fruit flavoured. I'm not taking into consideration the "none at all" argument because we're strictly comparing the smell of a vape vs a cigarette.

Referring to the vape smell as a "cloud of fruit" is obviously just describing its smell, not its actual fucking chemical ingredients. Plus there are vape oils that don't contain nicotine. It's just a trend/fad that people are buying into atm. Stupid? Maybe, but nobody gives a shit what you think because a lot of people are doing it and enjoy doing so. I don't see why you've got to input your negative preference in this thread when clearly it's not relevant nor beneficial to the topic starters question.

Oh and, no, you don't catch a vape smokes smell just by walking through/past it. That's absurd. Unless you're dancing in that smoke for a few minutes, walking past something wouldn't stick onto you, at least not for so long that it becomes a problem worth bitching about.

On topic: I'm buying a vape soon and I'm getting my BRZ soon too. Great seeing these innovative suggestions I might use one of these.
So in other words, you exaggerated, but apparently, irony is dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
just came back to this thread realizing AzN whats its face went full agro and butthurt
Do you have a persecution complex or something? Maybe you feel like vapers are some persecuted minority that needs to be championed? I can't think of any other reason for you post on a thread to call someone "agro" and "butthurt" unless you're actually one of the above. I suspect that you have a bit of a projection issue as well.

PS. I'm still one passive aggressive insult away from being butthurt. I'm sure you'll deliver in short order.
AznBRZer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
azn whats its face, dumb thread, full agro and butthurt, this gives me cancer