follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 10-19-2019, 01:47 AM   #5167
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,176 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
@peaches go back to the stock pulleys, and your issue will go away.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 01:47 AM   #5168
CSG Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroby View Post
Thank you needed to be said 300 CC are fine
300C fuel pump, not 300cc injectors.
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
sroby (10-20-2019)
Old 10-19-2019, 04:29 PM   #5169
peaches

Drives: '14 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
@peaches go back to the stock pulleys, and your issue will go away.
All of them, or just the accessory ones?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
peaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 11:47 PM   #5170
CSG Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches View Post
All of them, or just the accessory ones?

All of them except the fluidampr.
Old 10-20-2019, 08:45 AM   #5171
peaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
All of them except the fluidampr.
Alright, I'll need to check if I still have them or if I need to order some.

Old 10-20-2019, 12:39 PM   #5172
sroby

Drives: 2015 Firestorm 08/05/15
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Sorry meant 300c pump not injectors. I’m typing to fast ��
sroby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 08:09 PM   #5173
steved

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
For what its worth my belt started squeaking the same way when the temperature dropped significantly in the last month, although I don't know what changes you'd have seen in the last months as far south as you are. I haven't looked to see if the belt has moved, I'll check that out.

I was wondering if its possible your SC is mounted too far back towards the engine so the vertical alignment of your pulley's could be out. I really didn't like the mounting instructions for the SC, seemed to wishy-washy with x threads from the back side (or something similar). Maybe that would cause the belt to walk off the pulley over a bit of time.

Also re: hood vents -15F drop on the highway; did you note the ambient temp change between before and after vent install? Also I'm really curious to see what your track temps are when you get out again, I can't do much until next summer with my car in storage now so I'll have to live vicariously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches View Post
Alright, I'll need to check if I still have them or if I need to order some.

steved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 03:21 AM   #5174
jflogerzi

Drives: 2013 Series 10 6MT FR-S
Thanked 2,013 Times in 1,457 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Garage
@peaches how did the track spec luvers work out temp wise on track?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
2013 Series 10 FRS #553
RCE T2's, SPC LCAs -4/2.6 camber
JDL 4-2-1 EL, FP and OP, Tuned by Zach@CSG on e85
RR Wilwood Front/Rear Sport BBK, Motul 600 Fluid
ARC-8 17x9 SX2 GTs 245s/Koing 17x8 v730's 225's
jflogerzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 08:26 AM   #5175
peaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved View Post
For what its worth my belt started squeaking the same way when the temperature dropped significantly in the last month, although I don't know what changes you'd have seen in the last months as far south as you are. I haven't looked to see if the belt has moved, I'll check that out.

I was wondering if its possible your SC is mounted too far back towards the engine so the vertical alignment of your pulley's could be out. I really didn't like the mounting instructions for the SC, seemed to wishy-washy with x threads from the back side (or something similar). Maybe that would cause the belt to walk off the pulley over a bit of time.

Also re: hood vents -15F drop on the highway; did you note the ambient temp change between before and after vent install? Also I'm really curious to see what your track temps are when you get out again, I can't do much until next summer with my car in storage now so I'll have to live vicariously.
Haven't seen mayor changes in Tampa, didn't record the outside temps when I "tested" the louvers, it's usually within 5 degrees. Humidity does change a lot though, not sure how much that affects the readings (never liked thermodynamics).

I didn't have a problem with the instructions, they were easy to follow. I don't think it's misaligned, went to West Palm Beach over the weekend (~350 miles) and it didn't shift. I did the usual downshifts and driving except a redline pull, not sure if it's related. I did order new pulleys as I couldn't find the stock ones.

Drove it to Cleveland in Sept, I did notice as I was crossing state lines the gauge dropped the temps on the way up and increased on the way down. Temps up there was in the low 60s at times, but the belt didn't shift until a month after I got back so don't think it was the temp change.

I thought about where my temp reading was coming from so I decided to take the laptop out connected to the gauge and use the bluetooth ECUTek dongle to compare with the ECU. On average, the gauge is reading 10 degrees higher and takes a few minutes to come back down compared to the ECU, so the high readings I was seeing apparently were not that high. I ordered adapters so I can relocate the sensor from the galley plug to the sandwich plate from the oil cooler, hopefully that'll give me a more accurate reading.

Going to Sebring late November, I can report back with the behavior after that. Considering the current delta in the readings and all the things I've done to improve the airflow, I feel better about the efficiency of the DROC. JR claims it will keep the oil within 30 degrees of the coolant, that might be enough for my needs.

And regarding people worried about the louvers in the rain, the tropical storm was passing by over the weekend and I drove through some heavy rain. Zero issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to peaches For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (10-22-2019)
Old 10-22-2019, 08:29 AM   #5176
peaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflogerzi View Post
@peaches how did the track spec luvers work out temp wise on track?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Going to Sebring late November, will report back then.
The Following User Says Thank You to peaches For This Useful Post:
jflogerzi (10-22-2019)
Old 10-22-2019, 01:57 PM   #5177
CSG Mike

Quote:

The threads sticking out of the back have zero to do with the placement of the supercharger; the spacer perfectly aligns the Rotrex, regardless of the number of threads showing.
Old 10-25-2019, 09:53 AM   #5178
peaches

Relocated my oil temp sensor to the oil cooler sandwich plate, now the delta is a steady 22 degrees compared to the ECU... given that the unit is 4 1/2 years old, I'm going to assume the sensor is bad and replace it. It does, however, provide a more accurate reading, meaning it follows the ECU changes more closely.
Old 11-01-2019, 04:43 PM   #5179
steved

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
@peaches do both the ports on the sandwich plate take temp before the cooler? Or is it possible you're getting a reading after the oil cooling which might account for the diff?
steved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 06:58 PM   #5180
peaches

Quote:
@peaches do both the ports on the sandwich plate take temp before the cooler? Or is it possible you're getting a reading after the oil cooling which might account for the diff?
JR support told me one side is hot and the other cold (pre - post cooler). They're good to respond. However, they can only answer 1 question at a time so they never confirmed which side is hot as I was also asking them about the belt shifting. I installed it on the left side, replaced the sensor and still seeing the same delta. My assumption that the sensor was bad was incorrect, it seems I'm on the hot side. There isn't a lot of room for the right side given the oil lines, so I adjusted my gauge readings to reflect the delta. I'll continue to monitor the reading from the ECU to make sure my assumptions are correct.

Received the stock pulleys today and installed them, so far the belt is still in place.