follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 11-06-2014, 01:37 PM   #869
Locust
Custom User Title

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S, 2012 OB Evo X MR
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Locust
Locust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:07 PM   #870
Caspeed

Drives: FRS-RS1, Triumph Speed Triple, Lola
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TONYFRS View Post
Thanks for the info. I'll probably wait a while before committing to the intake. Is it a do-it-yourself install or dealership?
I will most probably start off with the TRD wheels and fog lights. The factory fog lights are too expensive, is there another alternative?
Do it your self is a relative term (depends on who "yourself" is). It is a fairly simple and straight forward install.

I've seen the TRD wheels on a car, and they do look better in person. I'll probably opt for a lighter slightly wider wheel in 17".

They say that the Factory Fogs don't fit the RS1. But, that is due to the car being lowered and the lights ending up lower than the federal regs allow. They do fit and most likely the cops won't hassel you about it. There are other options out there. I wanted to install them but, I saw them and I don't think they improved the lighting over the HIDs that we have. The Factory ones lights up an indicator in the instrument panel to let you know that they're on. I don't know about the after market ones.

Good Luck
Caspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Caspeed For This Useful Post:
NIN69 (11-07-2014)
Old 11-10-2014, 01:11 PM   #871
JackyFRS

Drives: 2015 FR-S Yuzu RS 1.0 #394
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Do you get the cricket noise in your TRD RS1?? I heard the cricket noise yesterday but not sure if it is the same noise everybody discussed in here for model 2013 & 14... RS1 is a 2015???
JackyFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 01:24 PM   #872
El Guapo

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackyFRS View Post
Do you get the cricket noise in your TRD RS1?? I heard the cricket noise yesterday but not sure if it is the same noise everybody discussed in here for model 2013 & 14... RS1 is a 2015???
I wouldn't be surprised if they got crickets too. The RS still has the same engine as all other FRS/BRZ.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 11:06 AM   #873
JiroZero713
Banned

Drives: Mazda 3
Not happy. I still don't have my FRS and these bastards don't know when the parts are coming in.

How the hell does a dealership not know when they are getting parts in for a vehicle you already have stuck in port at the processing plant?

It's been almost 2 months waiting on my vehicle that I've put 10 grand down on.....I feel like I'm not going to get it and I might need to take my cash away on the car.

I have worries that I feel like these guys are cheating me.....or the processing plant are holding unto my car for no reason....and they won't give me the number to these guys.

Should I just pull my money and go BRZ for this amount of bullshit?
JiroZero713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 11:29 AM   #874
Quentin

Drives: ‘16 4Runner, ‘19 Corolla HB
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiroZero713 View Post
Not happy. I still don't have my FRS and these bastards don't know when the parts are coming in.

How the hell does a dealership not know when they are getting parts in for a vehicle you already have stuck in port at the processing plant?

It's been almost 2 months waiting on my vehicle that I've put 10 grand down on.....I feel like I'm not going to get it and I might need to take my cash away on the car.

I have worries that I feel like these guys are cheating me.....or the processing plant are holding unto my car for no reason....and they won't give me the number to these guys.

It isn't just you. I have a coworker that ordered one back in May and his is still stuck at port, too. I ordered my regular '15 FR-S in April and I've had min for 3 months. I think there is legitimately a part they can't get. They aren't trying to screw anyone over.

Sent from Tandy 400
Quentin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Quentin For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (11-18-2014)
Old 11-18-2014, 11:48 AM   #875
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,284 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiroZero713 View Post

You are not a lone in your wait as there are at least a couple more here in the same boat (no pun intended).
Do you at least have a vin number? If you don't then there may be some shady business going on as the dealer should have that by now no matter what the delay in the parts may be.
chanomatik (11-18-2014)
Old 11-18-2014, 12:20 PM   #876
miyoshi82

Drives: Not a FRS for now
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWb58hj1f7Y"]2015 Scion FR-S Special Edition 1.0 ("Yellow Special Edition") Overview - YouTube[/ame]

I saw this dealer FRS video and I'm perplexed when she said that the engine also has a "G-reddy" turbo kit. I thought the engine is stock and only the TRD project FRS has it? Where is she getting the info that the car has a turbo booster in it?
miyoshi82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 12:45 PM   #877
chanomatik
Snow Don't Hurt!

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT CBS
Thanked 1,497 Times in 902 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Maybe that particular dealer installed that kit to sell with a few of their cars? Not unheard of, as long as they don't mind supporting the car that's been modified.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 01:38 PM   #878
miyoshi82

Drives: Not a FRS for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
Maybe that particular dealer installed that kit to sell with a few of their cars? Not unheard of, as long as they don't mind supporting the car that's been modified.
I didn't know this was a common practice. Also, there has to be a reason why the RS 1.0 also comes in automatic.
miyoshi82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 01:45 PM   #879
NemesisPrime909

Drives: 91 Toyota Supra 16 Nissan Versa
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyoshi82 View Post
I didn't know this was a common practice. Also, there has to be a reason why the RS 1.0 also comes in automatic.
some people like automatic

some people have disabilities and might not have proper use of their left foot

Some people might not know how to drive manual but still like the car.

People have their reasons
Old 11-18-2014, 02:22 PM   #880
TRD-X

Drives: Da-Big Banana
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:

I saw this dealer FRS video and I'm perplexed when she said that the engine also has a "G-reddy" turbo kit. I thought the engine is stock and only the TRD project FRS has it? Where is she getting the info that the car has a turbo booster in it?

Dude she said it had a BBK also.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:42 PM   #881
FiRStsc10n
Canadian FR-S Member

Drives: FR-S '10 Series'
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:

That was painful to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
I could give her the benefit of the doubt, but she said it WAS boosted with the "G-Ready" kit, didn't see it in the vid, along with the big brake kit.
FiRStsc10n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:22 PM   #882
JiroZero713
Banned

Drives: Mazda 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
You are not a lone in your wait as there are at least a couple more here in the same boat (no pun intended).
Do you at least have a vin number? If you don't then there may be some shady business going on as the dealer should have that by now no matter what the delay in the parts may be.
I'm driving there right now to get my vin
JiroZero713 is offline   Reply With Quote