follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 02-13-2010, 12:32 PM   #1
vh_supra26
Site Moderator

Drives: Supra
Thanked 2,181 Times in 964 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Nissan: Juke Unveiled at Geneva

Nissan Juke – Click above for high-res image gallery

Quote:
We interrupt your regularly scheduled Chicago Auto Show coverage to bring you this: The all-new Nissan Juke.
The B-segment 'ute that Nissan asserts is "part SUV, part sports car" is due to make its debut at the Geneva Motor Show next month before going on sale in Europe and the U.S. later this year.

Taking cues from the Qazana concept, the Juke was created by Nissan's European design arm and refined in Japan, with an odd amalgamation of organic creases, a sloping roofline, flared fenders and prominent greenhouse. It's considerably wider and taller than its most obvious road-going inspiration – the Nissan Micra – coming in at 61 inches tall with a wheelbase of 92.5 inches and based of the Renault/Nissan Alliance's B platform. Seventeen-inch wheels with 215-series tires will be available, along with either front- or all-wheel drive. Interestingly, the FWD versions come with a MacPherson front strut arrangement and a torsion beam in the rear, while the AWD variant gets an new multi-link suspension in the rear and torque-vectoring all-wheel drive.

Three engines will be available in Europe, with AWD models coming equipped with a 187 horsepower 1.6-liter direct injected turbocharged four-cylinder putting out 177 pound-feet of torque. A 113-hp HR16DE 1.6-liter will also be available, along with a 110-hp 1.5-liter dCi commonrail diesel. The turbo'd petrol engine has to make due with a continuously variable transmission, while the the other engines can be had with a six-speed manual gearbox.
Inside, Nissan is offering a host of high-tech features, including keyless entry and start, a rearview camera and automatic headlamps, along with the fabled "motorcycle tank" center console. Make the jump for all the details and a video of the Juke in action.
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/10/g...juke-unveiled/
vh_supra26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:34 PM   #2
vh_supra26
Site Moderator

It Came From Outer Space: U.S.-Bound Nissan Juke Revealed

Quote:
Nissan is readying to launch its smallest crossover yet, the Juke. The B-segment crossover, which will be produced in Nissan's U.K. Sunderland plant, will slot under the Murano and Rogue when it goes on sale here in the fall. The Juke's real-world debut is set for the Geneva auto show in March, a year after it was shown as the Qazana concept.

The exterior, according to Nissan, is a "distinctive combination of SUV toughness and sporting style." We're guessing the judges would also accept "haphazard." Crafted in Europe and refined at the automaker's Japan Design Center, Nissan aimed for the lower area to resemble an SUV, fitting it with butch wheels, wide tires, and higher ground clearance. The top half, Nissan says, is sports car inspired, with a high waistline, and a coupe-like roofline. A key detail: The rear doors hide their handles in the frame.

Nissan also says the sports car theme continues inside with a center console designed like a motorcycle's gas tank, adding a sense of "fun" to the Juke. The cabin seats five, and the luggage area boasts a storage area under the floor (except all-wheel drive models). Interior amenities will include climate control, leather upholstery, rear view camera, intelligent key, and a central command screen called Nissan Dynamic Control System, which allows the driver to control infotainment features and the minutiae, like the sensitivity of the automatic headlights.

The Juke rides on a platform shared with Renault. Its wheelbase is just shy of 100 inches, making it shorter than the Versa. Despite the smallness, Nissan will offer an all-wheel drive option. Called ALL-MODE 4x4-I, the system uses torque vectoring to reduce understeer while pushing its 215/55 R17 rubber. Front-drive Jukes use MacPherson struts up front and a torsion beam out back. All-wheel drive models exchange the beam for a multi-link setup.

Powertrain options in Europe include one diesel and two gasoline offerings. The top-line motor is a direct-injected, turbocharged 1.6-liter inline-four that makes 188 horsepower and 177 foot-pounds of torque. It comes with a six-speed transmission when opted with front-drive and a continuously variable box with all-wheel drive. The non-turbo engine of the same displacement returns 115-horsepower, and offers the choice of a five-speed manual and CVT. A 1.5-liter diesel spins out 109 horsepower and 177 foot-pounds of torque, and comes only with a six-speed manual.
http://wot.motortrend.com/6621398/au...#ixzz0fBxd3YmZ
Old 02-13-2010, 12:35 PM   #3
OldSkoolToys
Is a Monster

Drives: AE86, MA70
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
oh yay, another crossover.

/yawn
OldSkoolToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:49 PM   #4
Midship Runabout
formerly Dixie Normous

Drives: The ladies wild!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
i threw up in my mouth a little
Midship Runabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:50 PM   #5
vh_supra26
Site Moderator

Old 02-13-2010, 02:53 PM   #6
ScurrilousKnave

Drives: '96 AE102
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I don't know if my reaction to the first picture in a thread has ever been such revulsion before, but Nissan just may have accomplished that. Eww.
ScurrilousKnave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:17 PM   #7
VenomRush
Thee O-ri-gi-na-tor

Drives: 2013 FR-S
why'd you post this maan.. my hot pocket almost came out
VenomRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:52 AM   #8
ERA
Banned

Drives: .
ERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:27 AM   #9
Sea1monkey2

Drives: 2003 Impala
There are no words to describe how much trouble my brain is having processing that there p-chop of yours ERA.

I guess i want to say it takes it from big, outrageous, and ugly... and turns it into a sunken curvy Scion xD that got into the roids and never went back. Against all instinct, i'm gonna have to say i kinda like it
Sea1monkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:01 PM   #10
C-Bone

Drives: '03 Tiburon
Agreed, era's is pretty cool looking and the car wouldn't be that bad if they did something about the front, mainly the lights. It's like they ran out of time and were like "oh s#!t, we forgot lights let put some big ugly round ones right here"
Old 04-10-2011, 02:03 PM   #11
I usually post drunk

Drives: BRZ
I find it strange that some people think because a car looks different that means it looks good.

It's even stranger when these people say any negative comments about it is "hate".

lulz, to each their own
#87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:38 PM   #12
xantonin
Mr. Detail

Drives: 2003 Celica GT-S
Saw one of these cars on the road the other day.

Me and my girlfriend just pointed and laughed.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:17 PM   #13
aliphian
Dreamer

Drives: Nutless Grocery Getter
I think this design was handed in on April 1st and nobody realized it was a joke.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
aliphian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:59 PM   #14
Giccin
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Drives: Yaris HBK, Audi 09' TTS<Had>
Thanked 1,899 Times in 966 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
I don't care how well it runs..

That thing is HIDEOUS.

Logic > Emotion
┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
Yashio Factory Pink adds +10HP to anything.
TOYOTA FT-86
Giccin is offline   Reply With Quote