follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 11-03-2019, 06:14 AM   #1
BlueLine

Drives: 2013 Rally Blue w/Bronze wheels MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BlueLine thread about random car stuff

Just a spot to put my future journey and adventures with this car...more text to come later when I can not be restricted by the phone .
BlueLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 06:52 AM   #2
WC-BRZ

Drives: Black BRZ
Awesome car journal...I, for one, cannot wait until you are unrestricted by your phone.
WC-BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WC-BRZ For This Useful Post:
Dave-ROR (11-16-2019), soundman98 (11-03-2019)
Old 11-03-2019, 07:13 AM   #3
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,084 Times in 2,041 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Why not get a transcriptionist? The sales will cover the cost a hundred times over once the story is released
DarkPira7e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 07:41 AM   #4
BlueLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPira7e View Post
Why not get a transcriptionist? The sales will cover the cost a hundred times over once the story is released
We each have our own story in life. Who do you want holding the pen? Or should I say at the keyboard?

Though I like a idea
Old 11-03-2019, 08:37 AM   #5
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,661 Times in 6,778 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLine View Post
We each have our own story in life. Who do you want holding the pen? Or should I say at the keyboard?

Though I like a idea
it'd be pretty cool to get morgan freeman to narrate my boring life.
Old 11-10-2019, 10:08 PM   #6
BlueLine

ok ... where to start??

I bought the car second hand from a dealer in Texas. After a few phone calls and price negations along with many and very specific questions about the car I boarded a flight a left to go get this car.

I should have taken some signs from the car god above for the trip. First my ride to the airport to drop me off was going not going to be able to make it due to a family emergency. Next person up was a co-worker that got me to the airport in plenty of time. I got through airport security and made my way to the gate to find out that the plane had switched gates and did the all out run to get there in time. when I arrived at the gate I found out they had over booked the flight. there was a young family so I gave up my seat so they could all go together and I would take the next flight about an hour later.

when I finally arrived at the airport in texas the dealer was over 1.5 hours later picking me up. After me giving the sales person my new travel itinerary and a link on to me via a website tracking app.

I got to the dealership and the car wasn't washed but looked clean enough so they tossed me a key and told me to test drive it. with the low fuel light on I drove around where I knew I could get back to the dealer and inspected the car. I found some errors with some of the answers to the questions that I had asked but they were small and i could over look them for the most part.

the sales guy had told me his friend traded the car in for a family vehicle there on the lot in one of the conversations and he knew the car had never been wrecked. which match the basic carfax he had sent me. I found some overspray on the car but since I had previously worked at a dealership sometime ago I knew it was not uncommon for them to color match or fix rock chips.

I decided I would go throw the purchase since I had flown out there and was mostly as advertised. during the paperwork they sent it to be detailed where they let the "new kid" polished the car. he ran the buffer across the headlight and hit the black roof trim and got a little build up on the trunk.

at this point the Texas warranty was active I had paid for it as is where is and the damage i couldn't fight since i didn't notice it until i came out of paying for it.

They topped it off with fuel and I was on my way back to central florida. The first gas stop i noticed the dreaded front fascia drop and knew that it had probably not been install correctly but meh I was happy I had a new toy. During that drive home I found paperwork with the previous owners name and address.

I had a small issue with the sun visors breaking at the roof and then the clutch TOB bearing went out and that was a post on here.

Now after about a year after the clutch was fixed the cars clutch pedal is jacked up and I figure its either the TOB,Master, Pivot, or Fork once I pull the transmission i'll know more.

However, in the mean time I bought a 2grfse V6, 6 speed manual from an IS250 and some other bits to start setting aside for my new swap. I am currently working on the new oil pan design, headers and mounts. I'll use the motec as the ecu to make it all happy. I know of a few cars swapped this way the best example is http://www.turbofast.com.au/GT86.html and i plan on doing something like this but a little different in some areas.

I am not very active on here (yes I am a lurker) and do not know how much ill post.
Old 11-15-2019, 01:14 AM   #7
BlueLine

Last edited by BlueLine; 11-15-2019 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Picture not showing
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueLine For This Useful Post:
MrSkubi (11-15-2019)
Old 11-16-2019, 11:02 PM   #8
BlueLine

Transmission I plan on using... I’ll just set this off to the side for now
Old 11-20-2019, 10:39 PM   #9
BlueLine

buying spare parts right now to use as molds to put the car on a diet...plan on making the items in a vacuum bag with carbon fiber and honeycomb where needed. Trying to make these with out pulling them off my car so the car isn't down for a few days.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:21 PM   #10
BlueLine

So I took a borescope to the transmission. I have been busy with other things some car related and some not.

Anyways here is what I found

So I ordered the Verus pivot and fork.

Also I have started getting machine shops to quote me for parts for the future swap.