follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 03-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #15
Draco-REX
Corner Junkie

Drives: 13 BRZ, 11 STI, 99 RS
Thanked 1,520 Times in 702 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkAsphalt View Post
OP is 100% right, EVERYONE balked at the idea of having to drill holes. It was quite pathetic actually. Now everyone is OEM or JDM'ing it up like they never complained in the first place.
Ahh, see that wasn't in the first post, it was just a picture of an armrest vs an armrest. OP didn't convey his point at all. In fact, it came across very childish as "Look what I've got and you don't. Haha!"

I'm sure some people don't want to drill, but some people prefer OEM over aftermarket. These two sets don't completely overlap however. Do you have proof that the same people who complained about drilling are the same ones who are now saying they want the JDM armrest instead of the Suly armrest? I would be more certain of your data sets before painting "EVERYONE" (which includes yourself, by the way) as pathetic.

The only pathetic one I see here is the OP for making a troll post.
Draco-REX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:15 AM   #16
SkAsphalt
Ridge Racerrrrrrrrr

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S, 2004 Toyota Coroll
Thanked 1,363 Times in 954 Posts
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco-REX View Post
Ahh, see that wasn't in the first post, it was just a picture of an armrest vs an armrest. OP didn't convey his point at all. In fact, it came across very childish as "Look what I've got and you don't. Haha!"

I'm sure some people don't want to drill, but some people prefer OEM over aftermarket. These two sets don't completely overlap however. Do you have proof that the same people who complained about drilling are the same ones who are now saying they want the JDM armrest instead of the Suly armrest? I would be more certain of your data sets before painting "EVERYONE" (which includes yourself, by the way) as pathetic.

The only pathetic one I see here is the OP for making a troll post.

I went with the Carsmo arm rest haha.

You are right, not "everyone" was upset with it. I spoke in a absolute, which was wrong.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #17
chenshuo

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
OP is just bitter that he spent x amount of money buying a fatter uglier ghetto-er armrest while others got a cleaner looking OEM one. I don't see what's wrong with drilling holes for something that's a permanent fixture.

I don't have an armrest at the moment. I like the clean look of the OEM but it's not practical for me because i always have a bottle of drink in the cupholder. I'm waiting for @doggy's armrest when he's gonna make one.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #18
naynaybm

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by White64Goat View Post
For all of you that were gun shy and didn't order the armrest from Sutty, you really missed out. He is NO LONGER producing them and I got one of the last few he had made. So you could have had that:

But now you're stuck with this:

For all those that cried about screws and drilling holes back when someone else tried to design one through Toyota, now you're going to jump on screwing it in and drilling your console, I think you missed the boat. Sutty's drops in place and lifts right out if you want to try and use the useless cupholders. And it works awesome.......
You do know there's a difference between making holes for an aftermarket part and OEM one, right? You could technically take this part to your dealer and have them do it. And since it's factory direct, it won't affect the re-sell value. This is no different than buying an OEM spoiler. It's not like you're going to duct tape that on. Holes must be drilled.

And, personally, I don't think yours looks good at all, at least not aesthetically. As for functionality, does it even open?
naynaybm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #19
Dr. BRZ

Drives: 2013 WR Blue Pearl BRZ Limited 6MT.
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
can we say douchebag.....
Dr. BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #20
dun3

Drives: 2013 Ultra Marine Blue FR-S
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
pretty tight yo
dun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #21
DSOmegaX

Drives: '19 M2 Comp, '20 GR Supra
Thanked 2,153 Times in 986 Posts
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Overall quality on the OEM one far outshines Sutty's, especially at the rear of the armrest. With that in mind though, I'm still not a big fan of the arm rests that have hinges. Not because of the drilling part, but I just find its awkward when you do have drinks in the cup holder, you need to leave the arm rest in its open position. It's especially weird when you have a passenger as you've effectively created a wall next to him/her. I'd still rather have one that you can just remove entirely when necessary to keep it looking clean throughout.

2019 BMW M2 Competition | LBB | ///M Performance Build Thread
2020 Toyota GR Supra | Turbulence | TRD | Build Thread
DSOmegaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:44 PM   #22
Dake

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
For the record, the drilling never really bothered me. I was one of those who would've preferred having it hinged at the rear. Barring that - I'm good with the OEM one.

The other one kind of looks like the girl who wears tight clothes but shouldn't - but hey, someone's gotta take her home right?
Dake is offline   Reply With Quote